Verizon Confirms Second Android 2.2 Update Coming for Motorola Droid.

Djanvk

Reaction score
I haven't received any update yet, and have been checking every couple of days. I'm on the east coast, north of Boston.

You shouldn't need to check every couple of days, updates pop up right on your screen and you need to accept, it won't do it on it's own.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I haven't received any update yet, and have been checking every couple of days. I'm on the east coast, north of Boston.

You shouldn't need to check every couple of days, updates pop up right on your screen and you need to accept, it won't do it on it's own.
+1

Despite what people seem to think and keep repeating, you can't call it by telling the phone to pull the update. The only way to "call" it is to "download" it and then install it manually. :)

p1ngputts

Reaction score
Ever so true but I do not want to force it. I must be perverse.:icon_eek:

Nah, there are plenty of arguments for and against it. And I almost won the creepy post of the day award for my humorous attempt I decided not to post.

You may end up doing it anyway, though, if Verizon missed your phone for some reason -- but that's a few days off if true. :)

I hear ya there. I will not wait longer if the update does not push to me soon.

I believe all updates will happen by the 18th (tomorrow).

CoreyT

Reaction score
I bet I get the update tomorrow morning when at work.
Now if I reject it, as I may have to if inside with a lousy connection, can I get it later by going to the "About Phone" in the settings menu and choose the "Check for updates" link?

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I bet I get the update tomorrow morning when at work.
Now if I reject it, as I may have to if inside with a lousy connection, can I get it later by going to the "About Phone" in the settings menu and choose the "Check for updates" link?
You can't exactly reject it, but you can tell it to install later. Of course, are we talking FRG01B update or this one that may have been delayed till the other OTA push is over with?\

Aquaflame14

Reaction score
i still havent gotten the update and i got eclair about a month after everyone else i knew did and when i went to verizon all they say is wait youll get the update in the next few days

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
i still havent gotten the update and i got eclair about a month after everyone else i knew did and when i went to verizon all they say is wait youll get the update in the next few days
If you're tired of waiting, update it yourself. If you don't want to do that, wait, or ask a friend to do it for you.

booklady2002

Reaction score
2.2.....still waiting

My son and I are still waiting for our first update. Are all updates suppose to be completed by 8/18? when are we suppose to get second update?
Lynda

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
My son and I are still waiting for our first update. Are all updates suppose to be completed by 8/18? when are we suppose to get second update?
Lynda
Several reports have placed the new update finishing date as "whenever you @#%^ing get it", but nobody knows for sure. If you're tired of waiting, do a manual install. The second update will roll out only after the first one is finished, and for all we know that could be next week.

Reaction score
i bet this is bull, just like the july 13th date..and the august 6th date..and the august 18th date. because if im correct its august 18th, I have a Moto Droid 2.1 and lemme check...nope no froyo

nooter99

Reaction score
Yep, it's the 18th, no update! Why am I not surprised? Could someone please link me up with the best, easiest, pain free, thread that walks me through the manual update. I'm an idiot when it comes to these technologically advanced phones, I need clear, un-muddled, easy to follow, fool proof, step by step instructions! And I bet I'll still screw it up. DOH!!!

strawman

Reaction score
In NC and just got it this morning, install went fine but I had to reboot afterward because it was sluggish. Seems fine now. All aps and contacts seem to be in place. My wife's droid did not get the update yet though.

It does seem faster since the update.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Yep, it's the 18th, no update! Why am I not surprised? Could someone please link me up with the best, easiest, pain free, thread that walks me through the manual update. I'm an idiot when it comes to these technologically advanced phones, I need clear, un-muddled, easy to follow, fool proof, step by step instructions! And I bet I'll still screw it up. DOH!!!

The process is fairly simple. Not much you can do to screw it up. Her eis a thread with directions.

[How-To] Force the Official Android 2.2 Froyo Update for the Motrola Droid (FRG01B | Update 1 of 2) - Android Forums