Verizon Confirms Second Android 2.2 Update Coming for Motorola Droid.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69

adobeflashfrg22-550x307.jpg

Almost since the FRG01B firmware began rolling out to bring the Motorola Droid to Android 2.2 we have been hearing murmurs of a second firmware, this one called FRG22.

The question of whether FRG22 was a bug-fixed version of the Froyo update was answered when the halted FRG01B update resumed as normal, with no sight of the newer firmware. Now we have an e-mail being sent out to Verizon Wireless business subscribers confirming a second update that will follow the first Android 2.2 firmware.

This second update will make it possible to download the official release of Adobe Flash for mobile.

Is this second update the mysterious FRG22? Well, we can’t say for sure with the information we have been given, but it seems this might be likely.

We heard that the first round of updating should wrap up by the 18th of August, and that seems like a plausible date for the second round of firmware to start hitting handsets considering Adobe is nipping at the heels of the official release of Flash 10.1.

Phandroid.com

legalkill

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Moto Z Force
I am not sure if i am excited or annoyed

PainProphet

Reaction score
I am not sure if i am excited or annoyed

Yeah, I find myself caring less and less and less. All this getting our hopes up over and over and then crushing them over and over is pushing me closer and closer to rooting.

nateccnn

Reaction score
Well...geee...maybe someone running the FRG22 couold be boop over to the market and tell us if it can be downloaded from there. I'd do the test but I already backed down to FRG01b...durnitalltoheck!

Nate

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Yea Im D1 also ..but hey, look at it like, if it does happen great..if not, oh well .. lol

TheOldFart

Reaction score
And all of this for a device that is at it's EOL, what about the rest of us non D1 users?

Perhaps the Droid 1 comes first because it was the first out. Perhaps the Droid 1 comes first because more people have it than the Inc or the X. Most likely it is both of them. So what if it is at EOL, it has the largest base. Besides, it is just at the beginning of life for a lot of users. I guess the rest will just have to wait their turn. Yawn.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
For those who haven't followed the Froyo saga. Simply put VZW put out Froyo now because the D2 is live, and it is running 2.2 stock. The next update may or may not be FRG22 as I have heard it. Originally the update was pulled because of Adobe and Motorola not playing nice. VZW chose to release something instead of nothing which is good for all the end users. A little more patience will bring Flash to the Droid as well an updated build too

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
Well...geee...maybe someone running the FRG22 couold be boop over to the market and tell us if it can be downloaded from there. I'd do the test but I already backed down to FRG01b...durnitalltoheck!

Nate
Nope, running FRG22 but didn't see Flash.

-Matt

IanG

Reaction score

Nate
Nope, running FRG22 but didn't see Flash.

-Matt

Flash is supposed to come out to the Market on August 18th, 2010, according to semi-older DroidForums News Posts.

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
This update will make you be able to DOWNLOAD flash from the market.

entwined82

Reaction score
For those who haven't followed the Froyo saga. Simply put VZW put out Froyo now because the D2 is live, and it is running 2.2 stock. The next update may or may not be FRG22 as I have heard it. Originally the update was pulled because of Adobe and Motorola not playing nice. VZW chose to release something instead of nothing which is good for all the end users. A little more patience will bring Flash to the Droid as well an updated build too

Flash beta builds worked perfectly fine on frf57, frf84b, (frf91 from what I read, never ran that) frgb01 and now frg22. there is something else going on.