Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Does it have to be rooted to utilize this update? I currently have FRG01B?

Thanks from a nooooobe!
Currently FRG22 requires root. This may change when the reported second wave hits, or it may even be a newer build than FRG22.

FRG01B is the latest offical/non-rooted ROM available.

naccout

Reaction score
I just installed this and now I can't reboot into recovery. Trying to install a kernel, among other things. Any ideas?

naccout

Reaction score
Should have been more specific. Either when using Clockwork or x + dpad + power button= tries to go into recovery but eventually just reboots the phone and continues like nothing happens.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Should have been more specific. Either when using Clockwork or x + dpad + power button= tries to go into recovery but eventually just reboots the phone and continues like nothing happens.
Suggestion the first -- use ROM Manager to flash ClockworkMOD Recovery a couple of times to make sure it sticks, then try again.

Suggestion the second -- use ROM Manger to flash SPRecovery a couple of times and then try again.

Suggestion the third -- same as suggestion the second only with "ditch ROM Manager since it has major issues for a few phones and do things manually" tacked on the end.

I'm going to vote for the third one, but you're the one making the choice. :)

If all else fails you may need to use RSD Lite to push SPRecovery onto your phone, maybe even wipe it out completely and take it back to stock 2.0.1 and start over. There's another option that doesn't involve RSD Lite, however, if you can get into recovery and you have to go that route.

suefox51

Reaction score
Does it have to be rooted to utilize this update? I currently have FRG01B?

Thanks from a nooooobe!
Currently FRG22 requires root. This may change when the reported second wave hits, or it may even be a newer build than FRG22.

FRG01B is the latest offical/non-rooted ROM available.

Thanks for the quick reply - appreciate it so much:icon_ banana:

naccout

Reaction score
Thanks, I got it. Hopefully I can get back into recovery...will try when I find a theme that is compatible :)

nhat

Reaction score
anybody having issues with reconnecting to 3g after using wifi? happens at random and not often, but i have to toggle airport mode on/off to reconnect.

Schoat333

Reaction score
I've been running this for a few weeks now, and I just noticed that my basband is different from this who got the OTA 2.2 update.

My signal levels have been horrible lately. What baseband should I be on?

Currently on. C_01.3E.03P

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I've been running this for a few weeks now, and I just noticed that my basband is different from this who got the OTA 2.2 update.

My signal levels have been horrible lately. What baseband should I be on?

Currently on. C_01.3E.03P
C_01.43.01P is the latest baseband I'm aware of.

VirtualGeek

Reaction score
Hmmm, I manually updated to FRG22 and last night I got a system update - didn't install it yet. Anybody know what this is, and how do I get rid of it?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hmmm, I manually updated to FRG22 and last night I got a system update - didn't install it yet. Anybody know what this is, and how do I get rid of it?

Had you received the FRG01B OTA previously?

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score

you should be able to go to settings/about phone/system updates and see a description

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score

go ahead and tell it to install. SPRecovery will block the install.