Leaked FRG22 Update Available for Rooted Droid 1

Discussion in 'Android News' started by wuyanks, Aug 3, 2010.

1. SL-1200

SL-1200 Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Same here. I pulled my phone from the charger at 730 and now it is close to 1130 at 90% battery. Still a block of ice with the CPU average in the mid 60s when woken up.

2. nateccnn

nateccnn Active Member

Ratings:
    +25
    The app itself has to allow it to be moved to SD Card. Check each app individually and you'll probably find a half dozen or so that can be moved to SD Card. I try to check each app at least once each week to see if something got updated to allow SDCard.

Nate

3. geetarspaz

geetarspaz Member

Ratings:
    +0
    it is definitely worth the update. im not into rooting or doing anything unofficially but i gave it and im much happier now.

i can't find the original site i used to update, it was the best tutorial too, but this one is good. this isnt the official update that will be coming out in about two weeks, but its well worth it anyone.

Manually Update Your Motorola Droid to Froyo (Android 2.2) | Android Phone Fans

4. hookbill

hookbill Premium Member
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +8
    Threads merged.

5. kevsgroove

kevsgroove Active Member

Ratings:
    +89
    Current Phone Model:
    Pixel 2 XL
    Forgot to add the link earlier:

Link removed by moderator. We are not going to carry the link since it's not an official any longer.

#341 kevsgroove, Aug 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2010
  6. gadgetrants

gadgetrants Senior Member

Ratings:
    +228
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    I was under the impression you still have to "activate" it on the phone...weren't there are few lines you need to enter in Terminal? I had it before FRG22, but after updating I've noticed all my apps (including those that used to be on SD) have the option grayed out in the settings menu.

-Matt

7. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +448
    Current Phone Model:
    32GB Moto X Developers Edition
    Twitter:
    furryvarmint
    Nope. Native in FroYo.

8. gadgetrants

Ratings:
    +228
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    Hmmm...hope we're not splitting hairs here. The function is native, but on the earlier Froyo releases it needed to be "activated." I'm puzzled why I've got FRG22 (virgin, not a custom ROM) and when I go to application settings, the option to move to SD is grayed out for all my apps. Any thoughts?

-Matt

9. furbearingmammal

furbearingmammal Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +448
    Current Phone Model:
    32GB Moto X Developers Edition
    Twitter:
    furryvarmint
    If it's grayed out it's because the application itself doesn't support moving it. The application developer has to enable it within the app itself. Some ROMS, like Bugless Beast (if I remember correctly), have it set up so you can force all the apps to the SD card, and putting an app on the SD card in no way affects its performance with very few exceptions (some widgets require being on the phone's storage), so why more devs aren't doing this is beyond me.

Heck, from what I've seen, storing the app on the SD card often uses less overall storage space than storing it on the phone!

Now, if I'm mistaken, someone please correct me, but that's what I've been hearing from everyone in the know and my experience backs it up.

10. gadgetrants

Ratings:
    +228
    Current Phone Model:
    Google Pixel
    Thanks, my bad. When I checked the first time (randomly, of course) all the apps looked turned off. But I went back and double-checked, and found a few. It's strange...I remember more having the option in the previous leak (a lot, actually). Probably what happened is I did wipe before FRG22, didn't reinstall a lot of the crap, and now that those apps are gone, I have fewer that permit apps2sd. :)

And yeah, my experience suggests it helps, too.

-Matt

11. AngDroid

AngDroid Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +1
    Google Googles

For those that are having trouble with google googles try this.

Use root explorer to delete the google googles apk file from system/app. Reboot, gotto market and download google googles from market. All should be fine now. You may keep the apk file where it is or move it to system/app.

12. wahrenjie

wahrenjie New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    running really hot

Hi, noob here. I recently swapped in this build for the last one that was out and have been running extremely hot. At first I thought it was the kernel, I'd been using P3 low voltage kernels and had no temp issues with the earlier build. I've tried 3 differnt kernels with this build and the heat issues have gotten worse. My heat profile kicked in earlier today while I was just using pandora and u/c @ 500Mhz? Is there something I'm missing, or can the actual ROM be a problem for my phone?

Search tags for this page
frg22 android

frg22 update.zip