Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Hey all, I thought you guys might want to know that I just received the 2.2 FRG01b update OTA. It's 8/10/10 and I received @ 9:40 pm pacific time. WooHoo!!

You don't know how happy this just made me, lol.
You just confirmed that they're still rolling out updates. Huzzah!
I actually had called VZW earlier and they had told me that the update had been delayed till the 18th. That just goes to show you how little the tech reps really know.
Something many of us have been saying all along. What it boils down to is they tell us what they're told and they're given the mushroom treatment.

You know, kept in the dark and fed horsesh*t.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Hey all, I thought you guys might want to know that I just received the 2.2 FRG01b update OTA. It's 8/10/10 and I received @ 9:40 pm pacific time. WooHoo!!

congrats droidmikes......

now go enjoy : )

rustyb

Reaction score
DROID LIFE HAS JUST POSTED THAT THE DROOD 1 UPDATES HAVE RESUMED AS OF 11:28 PM P.S.T.. SHOUD CONTINUE OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS...:icon_cool:

hapster

Reaction score
DROID LIFE HAS JUST POSTED THAT THE DROOD 1 UPDATES HAVE RESUMED AS OF 11:28 PM P.S.T.. SHOUD CONTINUE OVER THE NEXT FEW DAYS...:icon_cool:

Is this still FRG01B? If so I should still be good with my stock manual update right? I've rooted, but still running stock ROM. As long as I stay stock, I won't need to unroot to receive future updates, right? At least I think that's how it works. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my Droid

rustyb

Reaction score
Not sure. I rooted from the Mkt. Then I UN rooted because nothing happened. Look at droid life and other comments here. The mkt app is not free. The one Herr with the volume/ camera button is. I want to see what the OTA will do. Very patient Guy doing research. ..:icon_cool:

hapster

Reaction score
Not sure. I rooted from the Mkt. Then I UN rooted because nothing happened.

Are you talking about EasyRoot? If so, the app in the market is like a compatibility check. You have to go to his site to get the actual app. And you are correct, it's not free. But $3 is pretty cheap. And it works.

Sent from my Droid

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint

Is this still FRG01B? If so I should still be good with my stock manual update right? I've rooted, but still running stock ROM. As long as I stay stock, I won't need to unroot to receive future updates, right? At least I think that's how it works. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my Droid
Stock ROM = OTAs allowed. SPRecovery + rooted stock ROM = good chance they're not. Rooted via Easy Root or DMUpdater = stock ROM. Easy Root or DMUpdater + SPRecovery/ClockworkMOD Recovery + stock ROM = OTAs allowed + manual installation.

ohfire

Reaction score
OK my wife's phone got the update notification this morning. She said yes to the update. It downloaded updated locked up her phone at the triangle and exclamation point. We did a battery pull and rebooted to...are you ready for this??? 2.01. Went to the Verizon store and they checked the account. Shows it should be running fr081. They said wait and see if it pops back up to update again

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
OK my wife's phone got the update notification this morning. She said yes to the update. It downloaded updated locked up her phone at the triangle and exclamation point. We did a battery pull and rebooted to...are you ready for this??? 2.01. Went to the Verizon store and they checked the account. Shows it should be running fr081. They said wait and see if it pops back up to update again

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
There are risks with every update method. This just goes to prove that even the OTA can go haywire -- as if we didn't already know it was possible. Good luck to her getting her phone back up to speed quickly!

RockinRealtor

Reaction score
I go my 2.2 FRG01B update last night as well and my Droid kept crashing for what seemed like forever. It's still sluggish and what I've noticed so far is that Swype no longer works on it. I re-requested the beta email. Got it. Uninstalled all traces of Swype in Astro and then re-downloaded the beta file from the email link. Still nothing. It says the version is for other equipment or something close to that. Anyone had this yet and found a workaround?

Status
Not open for further replies.