Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Second Android Update 2.2 Froyo (FRG22) Rolling Out Now

frg22d-1.jpg

Reports are coming in that people are currently receiving the 2nd Froyo 2.2 Update. Miami found this on the VZW website.

So keep your eyes open, you may be receiving an update soon!!

Mandatory System Update: DROID by Motorola

Last edited by a moderator:

cromo8

Reaction score
im gonna start referring people here when they complain or have issues with their 2.2 lol

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Shadez, where is the indication that this update is FRG22?

OP
Shadez

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
As far as I know the only change is it allows you to download flash. But I am assuming it has other enhancements, I suppose we will hear more soon.. :)

Sweettooth

Reaction score
And where are the list of features/fixes??

I'm not aware of any new features since they rolled out in froyo itself before

But it prob just fixes some minor bugs or glitches in the system that they found

Hopefully they fixed the stupid slow redraw issue I was just complaining about in another thread. I'm not too worried about Flash anymore; as I posted in another thread, I'm doubtful any of our phones are yet capable of smoothly running 3 or more browser based Flash objects at once (top Flash ad, side Flash ad, intended media or more). I figure the Officially supported version of Flash wont perform much better than the one most of us have already manually installed unless they give us options for Flash instead of just the limited capability to play it.

joem1481

Reaction score
is this another update if I updated last week to 2.2. I ask because the 2.2 is not all that great. It is slow when going from screen to screen. The icons take a while to pop up and I am wondering if this update is fixes for things like that.

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
is this another update if I updated last week to 2.2. I ask because the 2.2 is not all that great. It is slow when going from screen to screen. The icons take a while to pop up and I am wondering if this update is fixes for things like that.

this is an improved 2.2 it should fix some bugs you have

bmb0205

Reaction score
My Droid is rooted and running UD 7.0 which is a froyo rom. Any way to disable this push? I'm annoyed that I keep getting a popup asking if I want to download froyo

Tanknspank

Beta Team
Premium Member
Reaction score
Good find Abe. It seems some custom rom makers already have a gotten hold of this early as a leak and are pumping the props into it. At least I know cvpcs had. I can't wait to get my hands on it though so I can put them into it when I build.