Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint

seahawk1984

Reaction score
Hmmm, I manually updated to FRG22 and last night I got a system update - didn't install it yet. Anybody know what this is, and how do I get rid of it?

go ahead and tell it to install. SPRecovery will block the install.

I just installed the FRG22D Rom from this post, and I'm also getting the 'New Update' message, I let it download and rebooted, SPrecovery did prevent it from opening, but I just get the 'New Update' message again when ever I reboot. Any way of preventing the update permanently? Or is there a new rom with the most up to date version of 2.2?

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I suspect meticone's version of FRG22D is pretty much equivalent to p3droid's.

metickone:
The only mod besides su, busybox and the deodexed apps is that I added my handle to the about phone section "FRG22 - metiCkOne".
p3droid:
The newest Verizon FRG22D has been deodexed, busyboxed, and given root.
In any case, I installed the second on top of my FRG22 (only wiped the cache, not data) and it eliminated the update message.

-Matt

Donsell

Reaction score
I suspect meticone's version of FRG22D is pretty much equivalent to p3droid's.

I don't know what the difference is exactly, but it installed fine without wiping data and eliminated the update message. Glad it worked for you.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
P3Droid's version has a dev kernel or something that Verizon keeps seeing as incorrect and pushes the OTA notice to. Meticone's version has the stock kernel and gets no pushes.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
P3Droid's version has a dev kernel or something that Verizon keeps seeing as incorrect and pushes the OTA notice to. Meticone's version has the stock kernel and gets no pushes.
Good point. Was moot for me, as I swapped in a better kernel after moving up to FRG22D. Boy those notifications were annoying.

BTW, I still can't get GoogleGoggles to work (including deleting/renaming and downloading again from scratch). Not like I use it though.

-Matt

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
I didn't use it at all so I don't miss it. I was on CM6 RC-1 by the point this was out, if I recall correctly. Still using the 8-1 ULV ChevyNo1 1.1GHz, too. :D

Only thing I miss from the leaks was the 3D app drawer from FR57 or 83. Heck, I think by 83 they'd canned the drawer. Heh, shows how long I've been flogging my phone, eh? :)