Second Android Update 2.2 Froyo (FRG22 Rolling) Out Now

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
So who will be the first here to get it :)

well if history is any indicator, that john galt guy over on androidforums.com will get it first... he's gotten everything froyo very quickly

pdm0376

Reaction score
All I care about is Flash Player. Tired of waiting after originally being told it was going to be released for us back in March-April....Now let's see how long this update takes to get out

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
All I care about is Flash Player. Tired of waiting after originally being told it was going to be released for us back in March-April....Now let's see how long this update takes to get out
Flash apk is floating around the forums already. I would link you but I'm on my device. Grab it and enjoy flash right now. You don't have to wait for the update.

Sent from my Droid

dwoid

Reaction score
My personal experience with the P3Droid FRG22D rooted deodexed leak is that it's excellent, the best of the Froyos so far. It's smoother and crisper in operation than anything before it, and after having cleared the Market app's data and cache, I've successfully downloaded Flash from the Market, as FRG22D is supposed to be able to do. I'm definately staying with this, at least until something better comes out.

We won't know until the OTA if P3Droid's FRG22D is exactly the same (minus the rooting and deodex changes) -- at that time a number of us will do compares to see if there are any differences. If there are differences I'm sure the actual OTA will be rooted and made available, if there aren't any differences, then we've got what we need.

Yes I did, thank you! Don't know why i'm so amped for it, seems like a lot of people w/ the leaked version are having issues but hopefully the real version will be better.

gadgetrants

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
I still dont have the new build....am i the only one???

By "new build" you mean FRG22D? If so, we really haven't seen that going out yet.
This is ever-so-slightly off-topic, but still a good place for me to wonder:

I love the droidforum one-stop-shopping page set up for leaks, kernels, etc.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/an...ms-kernels-baseband-updates-source-leaks.html

But it's bugged me for weeks that the first FRG22 leak is occasionally listed on that page as FRG22B. I'm pretty sure there's no "B" version (i.e., multiple screen shots suggest), right? I know it's OCD but I wish a mod could maybe correct it (or clarify)?

-Matt

lakerfan82

Reaction score
So the question for some of us newbies is, if we rooted our phone using an app like "Easy Root," do we have to unroot before applying this update? If so, can the update (FRG22D) be rooted using Easy Root?