[ROM] [Rom] Liberty3 V2.0 For The Bionic 11/26 - Sunday Bloody Sunday!

svickstc

Reaction score
Forget about safestrap you can only use bootstrap for now but dont use it I just want to make sure you are rooted dont do anything just see if it works. If every thing is good it couyld be just Verizon screwing up. If you are on5.5.886 and you are foreverooted make a nanoid backup of it and remember what number it is. so you dont have to do fast boot again

I am currently using safestrap...From what I have been told Hashcode developed newer versions of safestrap to work with any rom..

IMO safestrap is what you should be using its features are awesome, idk why you wouldnt want it

wooddale

Reaction score
I am currently using safestrap...From what I have been told Hashcode developed newer versions of safestrap to work with any rom..

IMO safestrap is what you should be using its features are awesome, idk why you wouldnt want it

Nothing wrong with safestrap it does work with all roms. You cant use safestrap to flash your primary rom or do what he needs to. You need to be in bootstrap thats what I meant

Reaction score
OK trying one more time tonite. I did the recovery reboot and for some reason I have no 3 g

Sent from my MZ617 using DroidForums

Reaction score
Ok back again. Stupid question after i do the forever root do i need to do the cheesecake install?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Reaction score
Ok so just to make sure here is all the info. Got the bionic and rooted it. Installed purity rom by theory. Then i switched to liberty. Now im tryin to get the ota so i run the released root forever root program connect my phone to my pc select option one and follow the onscreen instructions.

wooddale

Reaction score
Ok back again. Stupid question after i do the forever root do i need to do the cheesecake install?

Ready to get wright on her again thismorning lol. Why dont you just start all over again I think that would be best.

wooddale

Reaction score
Ok so just to make sure here is all the info. Got the bionic and rooted it. Installed purity rom by theory. Then i switched to liberty. Now im tryin to get the ota so i run the released root forever root program connect my phone to my pc select option one and follow the onscreen instructions.

Just follow instructions and back up Liberty first or you wont be able to flash it after you get back. Going to Gym talk to you on Liberty with newq OTA when I get back lol Good luck

rednukleus

Reaction score
Safestrap FTW. I tried a few ROMs and settled on Liberty for all the features and the clean appearance. Safestrap gives me all the peace of mind that I had with the Droid 1, because I can always reach recovery even if I can't boot the OS.

rednukleus

Reaction score

Has anyone else done this same technique to get the OTA on their Bionic? What I mean is, from a custom ROM, run ReleasedRoot, option 1, which should wipe the phone, create a fresh stock 886 /system, root and forever root. Then, apply the OTA. It sounds like it would work.

After running ReleasedRoot option 1 you're no longer on Liberty, you're back to the stock Bionic ROM, right? I haven't used that program at all so I'm asking you. Which brings me to a suggestion. Try other ways to achieve what you're doing, and see if you have better luck.

1. Use Fastboot or the FXZ to get back to stock.

2. Root the Bionic.

3. Manually forever root by editing a file and adding 3 lines to the end as described here.

4. Apply the OTA update.

This is exactly what I did minus step 1 because I was already at stock. You could also try step 1 above, but then ReleasedRoot option 2, instead of my steps 2 & 3. My initial suspicion is that your phone is not quite back at stock, and the OTA is failing as a result.

wooddale

Reaction score
Has anyone else done this same technique to get the OTA on their Bionic? What I mean is, from a custom ROM, run ReleasedRoot, option 1, which should wipe the phone, create a fresh stock 886 /system, root and forever root. Then, apply the OTA. It sounds like it would work.

After running ReleasedRoot option 1 you're no longer on Liberty, you're back to the stock Bionic ROM, right? I haven't used that program at all so I'm asking you. Which brings me to a suggestion. Try other ways to achieve what you're doing, and see if you have better luck.

1. Use Fastboot or the FXZ to get back to stock.

2. Root the Bionic.

3. Manually forever root by editing a file and adding 3 lines to the end as described here.

4. Apply the OTA update.

This is exactly what I did minus step 1 because I was already at stock. You could also try step 1 above, but then ReleasedRoot option 2, instead of my steps 2 & 3. My initial suspicion is that your phone is not quite back at stock, and the OTA is failing as a result.

I didf it wrightyfrom TH3ORY rom and then went back to Liberty. They were all backups. You cant go back to stock with safestrap unless stock is your primary rom. You cant flash a primary rom in safestrap only bootstrap. If your gonna go back using fastboot rec it takes you back and foreveroots you why would you want to do it manually? Just remember what ever OTA you take that is the oine you have there is no going back. no matter what your phone says your on whatever OTA you flashed.

rednukleus

Reaction score

rednukleus

Reaction score
Yes, thank you. I see that you are right about Safestrap. It doesn't let you mess with your primary ROM. However, Fastboot and the FXZ do flash your kernel, replacing the kernel installed by the OTA.

angrysemite1818, you do need to get Safestrap and Bootstrap out of your Bionic before the OTA will work.