[ROM] [PORT] Liberty3 D2G 2.0 - Unnofficial (11/29/11)

Soulcarber

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick response, i will try out this rom right away, oh an thanks 13th Angel for your help via twitter, managed to unbrick my phone, yayyy

Just finished installing this rom, i must say i like the interface and themes however on startup when my sim is inserted, it requests me to enter sim network unlock pin, i have entered codes given to me by online sources but none works, when dismissed goes to emergency screen where phone remains unusable

kiwiboyus

Reaction score
Well today was exciting, I rebooted into CWR and though I'd formatted databand cache but I guess it didn't work. Loaded Liberty and got stuck in recovery reboot o_O. Aaaaaaahhhhhh after lots of reading I managed to fix things and now I'm on the the OTA Gingerbread and debating if I should ROM again or wait for an ICS port.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

rsamson

Reaction score
Any progress on fixing the camera/posting an update? Everything I tried bricked it. Lol.
Love the ROM. Excellent battery. Been on it for a couple weeks now.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
Any progress on fixing the camera/posting an update? Everything I tried bricked it. Lol.
Love the ROM. Excellent battery. Been on it for a couple weeks now.
camera has been unusable for me, but no other major glitches that I've noticed

Jonas

Reaction score
camera has been unusable for me, but no other major glitches that I've noticed

You'll wanna download the app "magnify". It works for pictures, and I'm still looking for a video app as a work around. But I know that camera is crucial for some people with the holidays coming.

Sent from my Banana Phone

kiwiboyus

Reaction score
So after less than a day on stock GB I couldn't help myself, I've installed Liberty and it's quite nice indeed! Thanks to the devs, I'm going to spring for the donate version shortly. First job is to install magnify and fix the camera before Xmas day or I'll have to switch ROMs again.

Jonas

Reaction score
So after less than a day on stock GB I couldn't help myself, I've installed Liberty and it's quite nice indeed! Thanks to the devs, I'm going to spring for the donate version shortly. First job is to install magnify and fix the camera before Xmas day or I'll have to switch ROMs again.

It really is an excellent rom. The only downside is the camera, but a lot of roms have that problem. Its not so much with the rom itself but when its ported from being a d2 rom, over to D2G, some files don't play nicely with eash other, and that's one of the results. But its a small price to pay for the stability and near on perfect functionality.

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
You'll wanna download the app "magnify". It works for pictures, and I'm still looking for a video app as a work around. But I know that camera is crucial for some people with the holidays coming.

camera still seems grainy, no zoom control, and is backwards unless I'm missing something
I haven't played with it much
couldn't sent texts today not sure why worked before, haven't tried restart
have had emails that didn't send before, but was in bad reception spot

Jonas

Reaction score
camera still seems grainy, no zoom control, and is backwards unless I'm missing something
I haven't played with it much
couldn't sent texts today not sure why worked before, haven't tried restart
have had emails that didn't send before, but was in bad reception spot

Come to think of it, GO sms has been acting lame. Not sending some texts yesterday, and being slow. I cleared my cache, and it cleared up. But I send and receive well over a thousand texts a day. It could very well be from my inbox being 27k large. :p

dja328

Reaction score
Any way to get battery/data manager back in the settings?

OP
13th angel

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Any way to get battery/data manager back in the settings?

Would require 1 of 2 things:
1) Return to a blur base and base it off d2g which means redoing the entire rom.
or
2) Adding it to the settings source which would be a pain in the *** without knowing how moto did it.

Its really not worth the trouble.

dja328

Reaction score
Would require 1 of 2 things:
1) Return to a blur base and base it off d2g which means redoing the entire rom.
or
2) Adding it to the settings source which would be a pain in the *** without knowing how moto did it.

Its really not worth the trouble.

ok no big deal, great rom....thanks for the reply

DroiDTalenT

Reaction score
so this is version of liberty3 2.0 that I can install on my d2g without using any rommer or anything?

themib

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid 4 (XT894)
so this is version of liberty3 2.0 that I can install on my d:biggrin:2g without using any rommer or anything?
Just need clockworkmod recovery and a way to get to recovery ie bootstrap, rom toolbox...