[ROM] [Rom] Liberty3 V2.0 For The Droid 2 11/28 - Sunday Bloody Sunday!

NickZee10

Reaction score
no idea, but I assume by the lack of activity that the d2 is a sinking ship and most everyone has moved on. I'm waiting on an ne2 upgrade in 10 days and most everyone else is around the same. It's been a good solid run...but I doubt there will be further support from anyone other than a few folks over on rootzwiki trying to get ics running smooth. There are great gb roms though, I recommend with liberty 3 or apex for stability and battery life.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

That makes a lot of sense, I guess I did get this phone back in 2010. It's crazy how fast the time goes.
I've been using Liberty for a few months, then CM7, then back to Liberty 3 which I really enjoyed. Last night I gave MIUI ICS a swap, and I am loving it so far. Fast, clean, smooth. It'll hold me over til my July upgrade.

tjarvis

Reaction score
Ha, I feel like I can't get rid of this thing quick enough and I've only had it since last september ($60 on ebay...some ding-a-ling thought it was a droid 1) when my og finally went to the great silicon in the sky. Still haven't decided between the nexus and rezound though...

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

rmcelroy

Reaction score
hey guys. I am just now trying this flavor of Liberty. Just finished the install and I am noticing that my data connection doesn't appear to be working. My antenna shows I have good signal, and says 3G, however I cannot use the browser or any apps that require internet connection (Pandora, Facebook, Gchat, ect). Also, I am unable to turn on Bluetooth at all. I am still able to make calls and the GPS appears to work. I checked the radio buttons and the send/receive button is on. Any ideas?

thanks

FullMetalGuitar412

Reaction score
That makes a lot of sense, I guess I did get this phone back in 2010. It's crazy how fast the time goes.
I've been using Liberty for a few months, then CM7, then back to Liberty 3 which I really enjoyed. Last night I gave MIUI ICS a swap, and I am loving it so far. Fast, clean, smooth. It'll hold me over til my July upgrade.

wait, there's an ICS version out for D2? Obviously it's not going to be a leak, or true ICS being that it's MIUI, but I didn't know that there was a version of ICS out there for D2! can you give any links about this?

FullMetalGuitar412

Reaction score
hey guys. I am just now trying this flavor of Liberty. Just finished the install and I am noticing that my data connection doesn't appear to be working. My antenna shows I have good signal, and says 3G, however I cannot use the browser or any apps that require internet connection (Pandora, Facebook, Gchat, ect). Also, I am unable to turn on Bluetooth at all. I am still able to make calls and the GPS appears to work. I checked the radio buttons and the send/receive button is on. Any ideas?

thanks

What did you flash Liberty 3 from? And also, WHERE did you acquire Liberty 3?

rmcelroy

Reaction score
What did you flash Liberty 3 from? And also, WHERE did you acquire Liberty 3?

well, I got it from here, of course...

I think the problem was that I was coming from the leaked GB.

Once I realized that, I did a clean sbf to froyo, then did the official GB patch, then went to Liberty and all appears to be good now...

Insanelycool

Reaction score
dissapointed there wasnt a bugfix

once jrummy handed off the liberty torch the attention to detail suffered. this last liberty release is quite good but it was obviously ported directly over from the dx (hdmi controls still present and causing bugs). it was a good run tho. its just too bad we couldnt get one final bug fix so i could be at the point of leaving liberty on this phone. i have considered other options at this point due to bugs mosttly minor ones, which makes it all the more sad they never got fixed. i miss updates... anyonee wanna send me a new phone?