[ROM] [Rom] Liberty3 V2.0 For The D3 11/28 - Sunday Bloody Sunday!

syaoran12

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Liberty 3
Sunday Bloody Sunday!!!
liberty.png

Notes:
* Please Wipe Data regardless of what ROM you come from
Team Liberty
Primary Dev’s and project leads - Kejar31 and Jurmmy16
Primary Dev - Syaoran12
Artist - Koveleski

FABOLOUS for all his help on the DX port!
Thanks to Teamdouche for publicly posting the CM source, which I compiled some of my apps from
Thanks to Superteam and Dustin Jorge as Liberty-Laucher was forked from and based on their work
DroidTh3ry for his camera app
droidjunk for his powerwidgets mod
sbrissen for his smali help, if not for him I (syaoran12) wouldn’t have been able to learn smali
TopazAaron for our new sererv!
Everyone else who helped make this ROM possible - you know who you are

Features:
- Most all apps were built from source.... rather that decompiled and hacked apps via APKmanager!!!!! To do this I took the CM7 source tree and reworked the framework to allow apps to properly find resources after they were compiled.
- The only apps left from Blur are the Dialer, Contacts and Camera
- AppWidgetPicker - built by boombuler
- Ads blocked via hosts file -thanks to delta_foxtrot2
- 1% battery increments built in (Icons made by thanks to Nitro)
- Themed Dialer, Contacts, Task Manager by me to integrate into the stock GB look and feel
- Reboot options (Reboot,Recovery and Screenshot)
- DSPManager included
- Custom Launcher2 with extra hotseats and speed tweaks (lightest fastest launcher you will ever use)
- Liberty Customizer (choose to add back blur apps)
- Start-up Tweaks (tool to allow you to manager your start-up tweaks)
- Root Browser (full edtion that normally comes with the pro version of the ROM toolbox - no need for Root explorer any-longer)
- Root Toolbox
- 8 Lockscreens (Moto, Rotary, AOSP, 4Tab, Honeycomb, Rotary Revamp, Lense and Rings) with widgets
- Statusbar Tweaks
- Updated gtalk (should fix the 3g/4g issue)
- Updated Camera - credit DroidTho3ry
- Scrolling powerwidgets - credit DroidJunk

Change Log From 1.0 (is also in the ROM)
- Update for new status bar settings
- New lockscreens added
- build.prop tweaks
- Updated Talk, Google Music, Market, etc
- zipaligned apks and jars missing alignment
- Minor theme fixes
- Liberty Settings updated
- Updated Rom Toolbox and Root Browser
- sysrw and sysro scripts added
- Theme Manager added (for donate users, more info on second post)

Liberty Parts
All of these will be found within Liberty Settings > Customization
Lockscreen Settings will give you the option to change your lockscreen within the style menu, and widgets within the widgets menu.
Status Bar will give you control over status bar tweaks.
The battery icon does disappear it just takes time, you can cycle the signal tweaks to get it to go faster.
Battery text will turn green while charging and red when you are at 20% or below.
Hide Alarm goes into effect if the alarm is already set, or will require a reboot..

Known Issues:

Disclaimer:
I nor anyone in Team Liberty take any responsibility for what this ROM or its tools may do to your phone.

Download:
Liberty3 for the D3 2.0
MD5SUM: 724037db66b6fa409989b15daf9c4e3a

Option #2 - download rom toolbox -> go to rom manager -> liberty

Updates:

Install - CWM only
make sure you have root and Clockwork recovery installed
-boot into recovery via Recovery
-select "wipe data/factory reset"
-select "Yes -- delete all data"
-go back
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select LibertyXX.zip
-reboot

Installing Themes
-boot into recovery via Recovery
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select LibertyXthemeX.zip
-reboot

Donate:
Donate to Kejar31
Donate to Jrummy16
Donate to Syaoran12

Screenshots
liberty2.png
liberty3.png

liberty1.png
liberty3.png

liberty6.png
liberty7.png

liberty8.png
liberty9.png

Last edited:
OP
syaoran12

syaoran12

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Theme Manager is included in the Donate version of Liberty Customizer.
You can find it here on the android market.

The Theme Manager will only be found in the Donate version of the app because we wanted the people who donated to our cause to feel they got something extra for their donation.

Screenshots

pic1p.png
pic1wu.png

pic1dn.png
pic1ud.png

pic1bs.png
pic1fq.png

wuwtk

Reaction score
Thank you so much for this awesome rom. Quick question, does the rom toolbox pro also have the theme chooser? I bought that back when it was only meant for liberty and thought it would get everything like this.

OP
syaoran12

syaoran12

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Thank you so much for this awesome rom. Quick question, does the rom toolbox pro also have the theme chooser? I bought that back when it was only meant for liberty and thought it would get everything like this.

No toolbox pro is jrummy's app, the customizer will have it and is split between all of us in team liberty to support our terrible phone addiction :)

DroidXDoes4G

Reaction score
Is it possible to back all my apps up so I have my data somewhere once it deletes?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
Remember to mark this ROM as installed and nominate Liberty for Developer of the Month, these guys work hard and appreciate the support :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

clownfrog

Reaction score
Remember to mark this ROM as installed and nominate Liberty for Developer of the Month, these guys work hard and appreciate the support :)

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

This thread does not have the "Mark as Installed" and "Nominate" buttons. You have to go to the thread for Version 1.0.

Maverick0984

Reaction score
First off, thanks for a quality ROM :)

2nd, I purchased the Liberty Customizer Pro and Rom Toolbox Pro and get "No Addons Found" when trying to access the Theme Manager in Liberty Customizer Pro.

What am I doing wrong?

uconn_jack

Reaction score
Is Liberty compatible with safestrap or not? I know the official instructions says CWM only, but (especially over at XDA) I have read that many install using safetstrap without any problems.

That said, I for the life of me can't get it to boot after install. Are there any special tricks to get it to work with safestrap? Being a noob to Android (this D3 is my first foray into Android), I would like to stick with safestrap until I am very comfortable since it is rather idiot-proof. Thanks!

CaseyTheRadioGuy

Reaction score
:D

Came from SD3 and tried out this Rom because it was popular on other droids. I Love It :) battery life is last so much longer plus bloatware is per-removed

ovelayer

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Is Liberty compatible with safestrap or not? I know the official instructions says CWM only, but (especially over at XDA) I have read that many install using safetstrap without any problems.

That said, I for the life of me can't get it to boot after install. Are there any special tricks to get it to work with safestrap? Being a noob to Android (this D3 is my first foray into Android), I would like to stick with safestrap until I am very comfortable since it is rather idiot-proof. Thanks!

Yes safestrap is compatible with liberty!

wuwtk

Reaction score

No toolbox pro is jrummy's app, the customizer will have it and is split between all of us in team liberty to support our terrible phone addiction :)

Aww. Well still thank you for the rom. Definitely the best rom for the droid 3 so far. Although the battery life still seems quite a bit shorter than stock.