[ROM] Liberty3 V2.0 For The Droid X 11/28 - Sunday Bloody Sunday!

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
No, apparently the notification bar becomes the status bar once you pull it down. I didn't know that until I just looked it up.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Go to settings / Liberty settings / customization / status bar /date clock.

I see, I just didn't know what they meant. Thanks for clarification.

IN AWE

Reaction score
I see, I just didn't know what they meant. Thanks for clarification.

No worries, I thought it was called a notification bar also. When I went to go look it up I found "status".

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
No I know the difference between the two lol. With them throwing the word "thingy" into the description of it I wanted to make sure I knew exactly what they were looking for before trying to give instructions.

To be honest, when you originally replied I was in 2 other threads and at a quick glance thought you were the one who posed the question, which is why I thanked you for clarification.

IN AWE

Reaction score
Yeah, "thingy" that's a technical term right?

drunkclever

Reaction score
My bad guys... I had just finished a really tough shift. I could not for the life of me think of its name... and I thought today was Thursday.. long nights suck.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
No need to apologize at all, was just looking for clarification. We ALL have those days! :blink:

Reaction score
You know, this rom is effing sick and I'm glad I'm getting to preview it on my old DX before my D3 shows up. That thing is coming out of the box, activated, rooted and then straight to Liberty in as fast as I can. I will say that this rom would be more than enough to keep my happy for awhile was I staying with my DX and it is amazing how really fast this rom is compared to what I remember of it while on Froyo roms or stock GB.

Nepenthe

Reaction score
I am a little confused. I am a Liberty Rom Donator. Liberty Rom Pro, but do we also have to be a Liberty Customizer Donator?
Thanks

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
No, if you have ROM Toolbox Pro (which used to be Liberty Toolbox Pro), you're good.

X

Nepenthe

Reaction score
I do, but it keeps telling me for donated users only and do I want to donate. That is when I go into the area ot shows for Themes in the pic on the first page.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
After flashing liberty you would need to uninstall the one that comes with it and then download the pro version off the market. After that you should be good to go.

nraines

Reaction score
If you buy Liberty Customizer (Donate), I believe you will unlock the theme manager and support the developers. It's been a while since I did it, but I remember a problem where the donate version in the market said update instead of purchase. I never purchased it, so I kept getting an error. To fix this, just use App Manager in Rom Toolbox Pro and Break Market Link to Liberty Customizer. Go back to Market and search for Liberty Customizer (Donate) again. Now, it should let you purchase it. It might require a reboot if this method doesn't work.

mark-e-mark

Reaction score
This ROM is terrific. Soooo much faster and better than Blur. I am running GB on a DX, and am not overclocked. The phone is really snappy and I'm in no hurry to upgrade.

Thanks for making it.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

rewclaus

Reaction score
Bear with me as I am new to this.

I just tried to install the Liberty Rom using the instructions at the beginning of this thread. I am on 605 after the ota update a while back. I started with a factory reset. Then I followed the instructions here (Guide: Quick and simple one click root for DX on .605) to root my DX. I got that far and everything seemed all good. Then I installed ROM Manager from the market, and installed CWM through ROM Manger. After that is where I am stuck. I cannot get the phone to boot into CWM recovery. I tried the button in ROM manager and I tried various manual approaches after googling it.

Does anyone have any suggestions on fixes or something I may be doing wrong?

I have a suspicion that for some reason my SD card is messing up and isn't being recognized, and that is causing my issue. I have had issues with my card before, but I thought I had repaired it. The other thought I have is that i was rooted before i got the 605 ota update. so my superuser may not be working correctly. I may try to SBF to 602. Then update to 605. Then root. Then try this all again.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Nemo Aeternamn

Droid X Rescue Squad
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
it's not the sd... To hijack the recovery... You need to get Droid 2 bootstrap from the market... That will put you into clockwork recovery

We have nothing to fear but running out of beer