[ROM] [Rom] Liberty3 V2.0 For The Droid 2 11/28 - Sunday Bloody Sunday!

syaoran12

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Liberty 3
Sunday Bloody Sunday!!!
screenshot1320290767520.png

Notes:
* Please Wipe Data regardless of what ROM you come from
Team Liberty
Primary Dev’s and project leads - Kejar31 and Jurmmy16
Primary Dev - Syaoran12
Artist - Koveleski

FABOLOUS for all his help on the DX port!
Thanks to Teamdouche for publicly posting the CM source, which I compiled some of my apps from
Thanks to Superteam and Dustin Jorge as Liberty-Laucher was forked from and based on their work
DroidTh3ry for his camera app
droidjunk for his powerwidgets mod
sbrissen for his smali help, if not for him I (syaoran12) wouldn’t have been able to learn smali
TopazAaron for our new server!
Everyone else who helped make this ROM possible - you know who you are

Features:
- Most all apps were built from source.... rather that decompiled and hacked apps via APKmanager!!!!! To do this I took the CM7 source tree and reworked the framework to allow apps to properly find resources after they were compiled.
- The only apps left from Blur are the Dialer, Contacts and Camera
- AppWidgetPicker - built by boombuler
- Ads blocked via hosts file -thanks to delta_foxtrot2
- 1% battery increments built in (Icons made by thanks to Nitro)
- Themed Dialer, Contacts, Task Manager by me to integrate into the stock GB look and feel
- Reboot options (Reboot,Recovery and Screenshot)
- DSPManager included
- Custom Launcher2 with extra hotseats and speed tweaks (lightest fastest launcher you will ever use)
- Liberty Customizer (choose to add back blur apps)
- Start-up Tweaks (tool to allow you to manager your start-up tweaks)
- Root Browser (full edtion that normally comes with the pro version of the ROM toolbox - no need for Root explorer any-longer)
- Root Toolbox
- 8 Lockscreens (Moto, Rotary, AOSP, 4Tab, Honeycomb, Rotary Revamp, Lense and Rings) with widgets
- Statusbar Tweaks
- Updated gtalk (should fix the 3g/4g issue)
- Updated Camera - credit DroidTho3ry
- Scrolling powerwidgets - credit DroidJunk

Change Log From 1.0 (is also in the ROM)
- Update for new status bar settings
- New lockscreens added
- build.prop tweaks
- Updated Talk, Google Music, Market, etc
- zipaligned apks and jars missing alignment
- Minor theme fixes
- Liberty Settings updated
- Updated Rom Toolbox and Root Browser
- sysrw and sysro scripts added
- Theme Manager added (for donate users, more info on second post)

Liberty Parts
All of these will be found within Liberty Settings > Customization
Lockscreen Settings will give you the option to change your lockscreen within the style menu, and widgets within the widgets menu.
Status Bar will give you control over status bar tweaks.
The battery icon does disappear it just takes time, you can cycle the signal tweaks to get it to go faster.
Battery text will turn green while charging and red when you are at 20% or below.
Hide Alarm goes into effect if the alarm is already set, or will require a reboot..

Known Issues:

Disclaimer:
I nor anyone in Team Liberty take any responsibility for what this ROM or its tools may do to your phone.

Download:
Liberty3 for the D2 2.0
MD5SUM: 2220c1f1606e12083b6b05e1dd479b4a

Option #2 - download rom toolbox -> go to rom manager -> liberty

Updates:

Install - CWM only
make sure you have root and Clockwork recovery installed
-boot into recovery via Recovery
-select "wipe data/factory reset"
-select "Yes -- delete all data"
-go back
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select LibertyXX.zip
-reboot

Installing Themes
-boot into recovery via Recovery
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select LibertyXthemeX.zip
-reboot

Donate:
Donate to Kejar31
Donate to Jrummy16
Donate to Syaoran12

Screenshots
screen9e.png
screen3xj.png

screen1ghy.png
screenshot1320290836301.png

screen4c.png
screen5n.png

screen6jj.png
screenshot1320290907389.png

screen7s.png
screen8s.png

OP
syaoran12

syaoran12

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Theme Manager is included in the Donate version of Liberty Customizer.
You can find it here on the android market.

The Theme Manager will only be found in the Donate version of the app because we wanted the people who donated to our cause to feel they got something extra for their donation.

Screenshots

pic1p.png
pic1wu.png

pic1dn.png
pic1ud.png

pic1bs.png
pic1fq.png

xandor

Reaction score
I cannot update from Liberty 3 v1 to Liberty 3 v2. I install via CW, but the Mod version still is Liberty v1.0.

tjarvis

Reaction score
Is there a way to customize the pulldown power strip? Love the addition of the brightness widget, but is there a way to edit what's there and make it where I don't have to scroll to see the other stuff on there that i don't need?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

xandor

Reaction score
Any information on how I can 100% confirm the rom was loaded? I think it is because the new changelog is there, but everything else says 1.0.

jmondo311

Reaction score
your on V2.0. Mine says version 1.0 too but im on the latest 2.0. in other words dont worry about what it says in the pulldown bar your on the the latest liberty!!

jmondo311

Reaction score
try this....settings: liberty settings: customization: lockscreen settings: style options: lockscreen style: HONEYCOMB!! if you can do that your on v2.0 bro. i love the honeycomb lockscreen

born2golf

Reaction score
Hi, I'm on Liberty GB v0.8 and would like to upgrade to this ROM. I have the following 2 questions:

1. From the version I am on, can just I do the dowload/installation via rom manager?
2. If the above answer is yes, what state will I be in when I am done with the installation? will all my apps and configurations still be there?

jmondo311

Reaction score
pulldown powerstrip has added features: wifi, bluetooth, data, gps, sound, brightness, refresh, and airplane mode. it scrolls from left to right. Theres still no way to customize it yourself though.

jmondo311

Reaction score
Dont install from v 0.8 dude. you absolutely need to sbf back to 2.2, root, bootstrap recovery, download and install the OTA gingerbread rom, root again and bootstrap recovery again and then flash this rom. Thats the only way it will work. it may seem like alot of work but it really is the only way and this rom is amazing.

tjarvis

Reaction score
pulldown powerstrip has added features: wifi, bluetooth, data, gps, sound, brightness, refresh, and airplane mode. it scrolls from left to right. Theres still no way to customize it yourself though.

Oh bah humbug...dang, that's all this ROM needs...I don't like the scroll thingy. Future update maybe...?

born2golf

Reaction score
uuuggg. that is a lot of work. I've been trying to makes heads/tails out of the changelog to understand what I'll be gaining but can't seem to figure it out. Is there a summary of what I'll be getting in this new ROM that would warrant all that upgrade work?

tjarvis

Reaction score
uuuggg. that is a lot of work. I've been trying to makes heads/tails out of the changelog to understand what I'll be gaining but can't seem to figure it out. Is there a summary of what I'll be getting in this new ROM that would warrant all that upgrade work?

At this point...scrolly crap in the pulldown bar...and lock screen options...not much else

born2golf

Reaction score
That's my point. It seems most of the additions have been aesthetic? Has there been any great progress in the stuff under the covers? Because the version I'm on runs pretty darn good.