[ROM] [PORT] Liberty3 D2G 1.0 - Unnofficial - (11/5/11)

nola

Reaction score
Try flashing the recovery from Rom Manager (use the Droid X (2nd-init) one).

thank you sir, i will indeed try that. i will say, you're the only reason i kept this phone. hexen made it more than usable, and this liberty rom will make it better. so you and your affiliates have a big thanks from me. sorry for the sense of urgency, i had all kinds of plans today and had to get something done quick with this phone and my frustration was building. thanks anyway for all you do for this device

cubuff

Reaction score
This is amazing! Thanks to all for the hard work on making this possible.
What's the best version of wireless tether to use with this rom? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

soseono

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Try flashing the recovery from Rom Manager (use the Droid X (2nd-init) one).

Why the 2nd-init when you say "This is a 1st Init based so use the proper CWM" in the original post??? I'm just trying to figure out which CWM to use for this rom. I'm currently on v2.5.0.8 from the D2 Bootstrapper.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
You should be able to use Bootstrap just fine

Boot Manager

OP
13th angel

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Why the 2nd-init when you say "This is a 1st Init based so use the proper CWM" in the original post??? I'm just trying to figure out which CWM to use for this rom. I'm currently on v2.5.0.8 from the D2 Bootstrapper.

Because both the D2 and D2G recoveries have something broken with them. The DX (2nd-init) is fully working. Can use the bootstrap recovery also if you like the older recovery.

justinmcox

Reaction score
Is this a gingerbread rom?

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
Well I tried to let it boot for 10+ minutes and it's still looping. I followed the instructions to the letter but this just doesn't fully work on my D2G. I wish I could find a working link to a fission rom, it sounds more like what I want but all the links point back to the teamdefuse website which doesn't exist anymore - I don't care if the rom is deprecated I still want to try it. I imagine someone must still have the latest ROM file on their computer; why not upload it to mediafire or rapidshare or something?

UPDATE: I finally got Liberty to boot up and it's running great! YEY! WOOT! dancedroid

Jonas

Reaction score
Well I tried to let it boot for 10+ minutes and it's still looping. I followed the instructions to the letter but this just doesn't fully work on my D2G. I wish I could find a working link to a fission rom, it sounds more like what I want but all the links point back to the teamdefuse website which doesn't exist anymore - I don't care if the rom is deprecated I still want to try it. I imagine someone must still have the latest ROM file on their computer; why not upload it to mediafire or rapidshare or something?

UPDATE: I finally got Liberty to boot up and it's running great! YEY! WOOT! dancedroid

Grats!

xsylus

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Sony Xperia XA2 Ultra H4233
I realize this is an "unofficial" rom but I'd like to point out a few glitches. One the camera app is being weird, it doesn't matter if I use the AOSP cam or the Blur cam but both are showing live images sideways in the view finder and the aspect ratio looks wrong too. Second the phone says it's fully charged but the battery indicator icon says 95%. The lock screen isn't always as responsive as it should be, and I keep getting an update notification for the Superuser app but when I try to download and install it I get an error about it not being signed.

Update: I found an app on the market call superuser update fix which fixed the issue I was having with superuser not updating correctly.

Other than that this ROM is awesome! :biggrin: