[ROM] [Rom] Liberty3 For The Droid X2 11/08 - Its Time For A Revolution!

litetaker

Reaction score
Good to see that you have resolved your calendar issue. I had the same problem previously. But then again, I had many other Force Close issues. I figured I didn't clear the cache and wipe data enough times when I flashed this rom. So, I wiped data and cache several times and reinstalled the ROM. Now, I have absolutely zero issues with it. And I feel this is smoother and gives better battery life than Eclipse, which drained my battery reallly fast.

JaiManny

Reaction score
Okay, I fixed the calendar problem. Here's how:

I deleted the calendar app and calendar storage (NOT calendar service). I also deleted both email apps. I did this using App Manager Pro. Reinstalled AOSP apps and it works. I have not tried going back to the blur apps yet (which is what I want, but don't wanna mess with it).

if you want to add blur, go back and delete calendar.apk and calendarprovider.apk once you removed, choose blur calendar in liberty settings. once that is done, go to applications, and "ALL" scroll down to calendar, calendar service, and/or calendar storage (forgot which one) click on it and click "clear data" and/ or "clear cache" if that option is there.

JaiManny

Reaction score

JamieMadrox85

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me why when i install Clockwork Recovery Mod, i flash clockwork recovery and then tell it to reboot into clockwork recovery but the phone just reboots without going to recovery. Also it doesnt seem to say that clockwork recovery was installed, it does however say it has been downloaded. Any suggestions or help is appreciated.

Last edited:

JaiManny

Reaction score
Make sure u have ur power cord pluged in during the bootup.

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

motcher41

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me why when i install Clockwork Recovery Mod, i flash clockwork recovery and then tell it to reboot into clockwork recovery but the phone just reboots without going to recovery. Also it doesnt seem to say that clockwork recovery was installed, it does however say it has been downloaded. Any suggestions or help is appreciated.
CWM is not able to be used with the X2 you need to download and install the bootstrap recovery app.

BugginOuT

Reaction score
Okay, I fixed the calendar problem. Here's how:

I deleted the calendar app and calendar storage (NOT calendar service). I also deleted both email apps. I did this using App Manager Pro. Reinstalled AOSP apps and it works. I have not tried going back to the blur apps yet (which is what I want, but don't wanna mess with it).

Can you tell me the step by step process on reinstalling the AOSP apps?

I have the FC calender issue that I need help resolving.

ckburks

Reaction score
OK seriously love this rom... Only problem angry birds space starts and then closes....

(yes I just complained because angry birds won't work... Trust me long conference calls)

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Nevermind

Last edited:

HutRU01

Reaction score
I am switching from my Droid 2 to the Droid X2. I noticed that you have to be on 2.3.4 in order to be able to load Liberty on the X2. I am very familiar with Liberty as that is the only ROM that I have been running on my Droid 2. This X2 is coming from a smaller wireless carrier called nTelos, therefore I am not sure if 2.3.3 is loaded or 2.3.4. Either way, can someone shoot me a PM with a link to a legit 2.3.4 SBF file? Of course I will know which GB version it is running tomorrow when I pick the phone up, but just in case, I would like to know where I can find 2.3.4.