[ROM] [Rom] Liberty3 For The Droid 2 11/04 - Its Time For A Revolution!

Majickmaja22

Reaction score
Hi....I'm wondering if someone could help me. I'm brand new to all this rooting and flashing, so bare with me. So far I have taken the following steps: I rooted my phone (Droid 2) I'm pretty sure it's rooted cuz I now have the superuser app. Then I downloaded Clockwork Mod ROM Manager, I created a backup, I flashed a recovery image (Is there some way to tell if that actually worked?) I have Liberty on my SD card in zip file format...and then I tried to "Install ROM from SD card" When I do that, it comes up with Backup Existing ROM, Wipe Date and Cache, and Wipe Dalvik Cache...(should Dalvik Cache be wiped?) When i push OK, my phone turns off and reboots, but nothing happens. What am I doing wrong?

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you using d2 bootstraper? Don't use rom manager, it won't work. Also, are you on the ota gb or are you still on froyo? Once I know this, ill get you set up nice.

Reaction score
would like to download this for my droid 2..wanna know if my set up is safe..

Are you using d2 bootstraper? Don't use rom manager, it won't work. Also, are you on the ota gb or are you still on froyo? Once I know this, ill get you set up nice.

BP_C__01.09.13p
kernel 2.2.32.9_gca08d89
4.5.1_57DR2-31

thanks in advance..

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sweet. You're on the ota. So you rooted with the d3 root method? Once you do that and are rooted (you said above that you already are), install d2 bootstraper and bootstrap recovery and reboot recovery. Then wipe data, cache and dalvik. Then install liberty 3. Reboot

Reaction score
Sweet. You're on the ota. So you rooted with the d3 root method? Once you do that and are rooted (you said above that you already are), install d2 bootstraper and bootstrap recovery and reboot recovery. Then wipe data, cache and dalvik. Then install liberty 3. Reboot

Ok..but isnt Liberty on a .605 build? So is it safe to go from a .601 to a .605?

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok..but isnt Liberty on a .605 build? So is it safe to go from a .601 to a .605?

You can flash Liberty just fine. If its anything like the X, the newest OTA only has a keyboard fix

X

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm on liberty now. Its fine. Although I'm going to the 11/22 cm build in a min

Reaction score
Ok so i flashed Liberty 3 1.0 on to my D2..but i lost all my contacts..as well as Verizons Backup assistant..please help..i do not want restore contacts from my gmail acct..thanks in advance

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Look for it in liberty customizer. They may have taken it out tho. There is also a newer v2 of liberty 3 in the toolbox in case you want to update. Most roms don't have backup assistant so I would really get in the habit of syncing it all to Google. It makes life so much simpler.

CM7-11/22

gamenahd

Reaction score
So how exactly do I get to the themes of this ROM? I'm on 2.0 and I go to the liberty customizer->themes, but it gives me an option to donate or maybe later. I click on donate and it takes me to the market with a screen saying "Item not found." I already bought rom toolbox pro a while back so what's up?

jeffcavicchi

Reaction score
So how exactly do I get to the themes of this ROM? I'm on 2.0 and I go to the liberty customizer->themes, but it gives me an option to donate or maybe later. I click on donate and it takes me to the market with a screen saying "Item not found." I already bought rom toolbox pro a while back so what's up?

Strange. Just go to the market and search for Liberty Customizer. The donate version gives you the themes.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

bobbyj408

Reaction score
Hi,

I just installed the ROM, but i cannot seem to get 3G working... my Wifi seems to work fine, but 3G doesnt seem to connect. Any help on this would be appreciated.

jeffcavicchi

Reaction score
Hi,

I just installed the ROM, but i cannot seem to get 3G working... my Wifi seems to work fine, but 3G doesnt seem to connect. Any help on this would be appreciated.

Haven't had that problem. Did you do anything else? Flash Jakes mods or run V6 Supercharger?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk