[ROM] [Rom] Liberty3 For The Droid 2 11/04 - Its Time For A Revolution!

Discussion in 'Liberty ROM D2' started by kejar31, Nov 4, 2011.

1. kejar31

kejar31 Premium Member Premium Member Developer

Liberty 3
    Its time for a Revolution!!!
    [​IMG]

Notes:
    * Please Wipe Data regardless of what ROM you come from
    This is a 1st Init based so use the proper CWM

Team Liberty
    Primary Dev’s and project leads - Kejar31, Jurmmy16 and Syaoran12
    Artist - Koveleski

FABOLOUS for all his help on the DX port!
    Thanks to Teamdouche for publicly posting the CM source, which I compiled some of my apps from
    Thanks to Superteam and Dustin Jorge as Liberty-Laucher was forked from and based on their work
    Everyone else who helped make this ROM possible - you know who you are

Features:
    - Most all apps were built from source.... rather that decompiled and hacked apps via APKmanager!!!!! To do this I took the CM7 source tree and reworked the framework to allow apps to properly find resources after they were compiled.
    - The only apps left from Blur are the Dialer, Contacts and Camera
    - AppWidgetPicker - built byboombuler
    - Ads blocked via hosts file -thanks to delta_foxtrot2
    - 1% battery increments built in (Icons made by thanks to Nitro)
    - Themed Dialer, Contacts, Task Manager by me to integrate into the stock GB look and feel
    - Reboot options (Reboot,Recovery and Screenshot)
    - DSPManager included
    - Custom Launcher2 with extra hotseats and speed tweaks (lightest fastest launcher you will ever use)
    - Liberty Customizer (choose to add back blur apps)
    - Lockscreen options (rotary, sliding tab and music controls)
    - Start-up Tweaks (tool to allow you to manager your start-up tweaks)
    - Root Browser (full edtion that normally comes with the pro version of the ROM toolbox - no need for Root explorer any-longer)
    - Root Toolbox

Known Issues:

Disclaimer:
    I nor anyone in Team Liberty take any responsibility for what this ROM or its tools may do to your phone.

Download:

Liberty3 for the Droid 2 1.0

Option #2 - download rom toolbox -> go to rom manager -> liberty

Updates:

Install - CWM only:
    make sure you have root and Clockwork recovery installed
    -boot into recovery via Recovery
    -select "wipe data/factory reset"
    -select "Yes -- delete all data"
    -go back
    -select "install zip from sdcard"
    -select "choose zip from sdcard"
    -find and select LibertyXX.zip
    -reboot

Install Themes:
    -boot into recovery via Recovery
    -select "install zip from sdcard"
    -select "choose zip from sdcard"
    -find and select LibertyXthemeX.zip
    -reboot

Donate:

Donate to Kejar31
    Donate to Jrummy16

Screenshots

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  2. ldopa

ldopa New Member

1st! Dl now. Excited indeed!
  3. KalKal

KalKal New Member

agreed!
  4. Inelastic

Inelastic New Member

Up and running, looks good so far!
  5. TheHype

TheHype New Member

Only thing that would make this complete is if you could add the theme choser from cm7 to it but thats just nit pickin. Great Rom!!
  6. DroidBurgundy

DroidBurgundy New Member

oh wow havent used liberty in a while, been on apex rc3 for a minute, this looks tempting to flash :D

Can't wait to see how this does on batt life.... anyone use jakesmod or imoseyon with this rom yet?
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  7. Mike Lazaga

Mike Lazaga New Member

Will jakemods work on this rom

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums
  8. ldopa

ldopa New Member

Not sure but its worth a try

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums
  9. mrpotatohead99

mrpotatohead99 New Member

Amazing and hard work for the Liberty Team as usual! Brilliant work guys! I absolutely love love LOVE this ROM! It's fast, smooth, and packed full of features. It makes the locked bootloader of my D2 bearable and that's saying something!!! Haha. I waiting for a non-locked bootloader Fascinate (obviously because Samsung is awesome lol) that I ordered on eBay to play around with in the mean time that I'm waiting on the Galaxy Nexus but this ROM does wonders for my Droid 2. Thank you so much guys! :biggrin:
  10. itsmontoya

itsmontoya New Member

This rom is amazing so far! WOW! Well done to everyone on the Liberty team
  11. dieselmk5

dieselmk5 New Member

I downloaded liberty 3 from the rom toolbox and now once im in recovery i have no idea where the zip file was downloaded to? ive been looking for it for like ten minutes, not in clockwork or rom toolbox all i can find in the rc liberty 3 from before?
  12. GrandWazoo

GrandWazoo New Member

I have a two issues with this rom. First, whenever I switch from 3g to wifi, the wifi and phone signal icons turn white. This lasts until something forces the screen to reset (starting a full screen app, turning the screen off then on, etc).

Second, the new liberty customizer is really unfunctional compared to the functionality of the last one. When I used the customizer in the past, literally the only thing I did was delete most of the apps you could modify (clock, car dock, file manager, email, music, news and weather, terminal editor, etc). Now the only option is to switch between blur and AOSP/CM7, which is really annoying since I don't want those things on my phone at all. If there's another way to delete these apks, please let me know, but right now this is making liberty 3 worse than LGB 0.9 IMO, even with the awesome 1% battery icon and amazing battery life.
  13. brad92

brad92 New Member

Use the Root File Browser and go to system/apps and delete the apps you don't like

Boot Manager
  14. Inelastic

Inelastic New Member

I'm using Jakebites mods now, they work great. You can download them through the rom toolbox. If you downloaded Liberty through the rom toolbox, just install it through the rom toolbox, no need to manually reboot into cwm, but the file goes into a folder named "romtoolbox." The rom toolbox also has an app manager in it that you can use to uninstall apps.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  15. Stoneddave

Stoneddave New Member

Awesome job guys, I've been a huge Liberty fan all along. I was getting worried before about your guy's development for the Droid 2 coming to end, very pleased to see you still supporting us. You guys know what you're doing with ROMs in general, but especially for this phone. Some other ROMs may have some different features or more themes are maybe a little faster or whatever, but I've still to find one that even comes close to matching the all around functionality of Liberty. With Liberty, my phone just works, and works well. Battery life blows all the other ROMs out of the water, with the exception of Apex, and all the features I have tried to use work perfectly so far, much more than what can be said about other ROMs I've used. Now I don't mean to sound unappreciative of the developers of other ROMs, because I greatly appreciate anybody working on making stuff for us D2 users, especially since this phone is old news now; but I have always had the best user experience with Liberty.

Liberty 2.0.1 was the first ROM I used, moved on to Apex, Liquid, MIUI, CM7, Liberty GB v.07-.09, eventually went back to Liberty 2.0.1 eagerly awaiting a final release of Liberty GB. I liked the new features of GB ROMs, but none were bug free enough for me to feel like using all the time and I'm less of a flashaholic now so I just wanted something I can throw on my phone and forget about it, hence my return to the awesome 2.0.1. Now with your release of the stable Liberty GB, I have upgraded, and this ROM is awesome, I couldn't be happier. You guys do great work, keep it up. I have donated in the past and will continue to do so, you guys are brilliant developers and we all very much appreciate you taking the time to help make our phones as awesome as they can be.

And I just used Titanium Backup to freeze the apps I didn't want. It is less functional than the old Liberty Customizer, but you can find ways around the lack of a system app removal portion of the customizer.
  16. dieselmk5

dieselmk5 New Member

downloaded thru rom toolbox and it never prompted me to install it thru the app so i manually tried to do it thru clockwork and the file was no where to be found so i downloaded the zip off this website thru my comp and placed it on my sd card then installed it and worked fine, no when the phone boots up it is absurdly slow and almost unusable and will freeze up after about a minute and then i have to do a battery pull. i was just on the rc version of liberty 3 and it was working fine, did the data wipe and installed the 1.0 version and now i cant do much of anything? any help on what to do?
  17. Stoneddave

Stoneddave New Member

Try SBFing and starting all over. I know it's a bit of a pain, but I did it last night, SBF, get the OTA, root, then install Liberty, works amazing. After first boot, went back into clockwork and installed Jakebites. I haven't used my phone too much yet, but everything seems to work great.

On another note, is there a way to change the pulldown notification bar buttons like in CM7? I use the torch a decent amount and it would be handy to have a toggle for it in the notifications bar.
  18. tjarvis

tjarvis New Member

Anyone else having an issue with the screen not turning back on? It seems eveytime I hit the power/screen off button or the screen times out, the thing won't come back on and I have to do a battery pull and reboot for the screen to work again. I did the wipe and flash cylce 3 times and reverted to the rc and apex but its only an issue on liberty 3. I fixed permissions and all that jazz...any suggestions?

19. dieselmk5

dieselmk5 New Member

after a few battery pulls and restarts it sorted itself out, running perfectly now, restored all my old apps and set up the liberty customizer and all that jazz and now its back to 100% not sure what caused all the issues the first few times it booted up? thanks for the reply tho and as for the notification bar buttons i read that they arent yet customize-able

edit: issue ive found is that the blur gallery doesnt work when you pick it from the liberty customizer, it doesnt give me a force close message just tries to open then returns to the previous screen instantly, i really like the blur gallery over the aosp gallery so i hope this is worked out
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2011
  20. GrinReaper

GrinReaper Member

Went from Liberty 0.9 to liberty 1.0 today. 3G won't work after many reboots, and battery pulls. What do I do ?

Liberty 3 works beautifully on the DX, so I am hoping to fix the D2 too.

Thanks !
Search tags for this page
best droid 2 rom liberty
droid 2 liberty 3 rom

droid 2 liberty rom

droid2 liberty 3 roms
liberty 3 rom droid 3 governor preset