[ROM] [Rom] Liberty3 For The Droid 2 11/04 - Its Time For A Revolution!

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Liberty 3
Its time for a Revolution!!!
screenshot1320290767520.png

Notes:
* Please Wipe Data regardless of what ROM you come from
This is a 1st Init based so use the proper CWM

Team Liberty
Primary Dev’s and project leads - Kejar31, Jurmmy16 and Syaoran12
Artist - Koveleski

FABOLOUS for all his help on the DX port!
Thanks to Teamdouche for publicly posting the CM source, which I compiled some of my apps from
Thanks to Superteam and Dustin Jorge as Liberty-Laucher was forked from and based on their work
Everyone else who helped make this ROM possible - you know who you are

Features:
- Most all apps were built from source.... rather that decompiled and hacked apps via APKmanager!!!!! To do this I took the CM7 source tree and reworked the framework to allow apps to properly find resources after they were compiled.
- The only apps left from Blur are the Dialer, Contacts and Camera
- AppWidgetPicker - built byboombuler
- Ads blocked via hosts file -thanks to delta_foxtrot2
- 1% battery increments built in (Icons made by thanks to Nitro)
- Themed Dialer, Contacts, Task Manager by me to integrate into the stock GB look and feel
- Reboot options (Reboot,Recovery and Screenshot)
- DSPManager included
- Custom Launcher2 with extra hotseats and speed tweaks (lightest fastest launcher you will ever use)
- Liberty Customizer (choose to add back blur apps)
- Lockscreen options (rotary, sliding tab and music controls)
- Start-up Tweaks (tool to allow you to manager your start-up tweaks)
- Root Browser (full edtion that normally comes with the pro version of the ROM toolbox - no need for Root explorer any-longer)
- Root Toolbox

Known Issues:

Disclaimer:
I nor anyone in Team Liberty take any responsibility for what this ROM or its tools may do to your phone.

Download:

Liberty3 for the Droid 2 1.0

Option #2 - download rom toolbox -> go to rom manager -> liberty

Updates:

Install - CWM only:
make sure you have root and Clockwork recovery installed
-boot into recovery via Recovery
-select "wipe data/factory reset"
-select "Yes -- delete all data"
-go back
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select LibertyXX.zip
-reboot

Install Themes:
-boot into recovery via Recovery
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select LibertyXthemeX.zip
-reboot

Donate:

Donate to Kejar31
Donate to Jrummy16

Screenshots

screenshot1320290783053.png
screenshot1320290805109.png

screenshot1320290751496.png
screenshot1320290836301.png

screenshot1320290819162.png
screenshot1320290907389.png

TheHype

Reaction score
Only thing that would make this complete is if you could add the theme choser from cm7 to it but thats just nit pickin. Great Rom!!

DroidBurgundy

Reaction score
oh wow havent used liberty in a while, been on apex rc3 for a minute, this looks tempting to flash :D

Can't wait to see how this does on batt life.... anyone use jakesmod or imoseyon with this rom yet?

Last edited:

Mike Lazaga

Reaction score
Will jakemods work on this rom

Sent from my SCH-I800 using DroidForums

Reaction score
Amazing and hard work for the Liberty Team as usual! Brilliant work guys! I absolutely love love LOVE this ROM! It's fast, smooth, and packed full of features. It makes the locked bootloader of my D2 bearable and that's saying something!!! Haha. I waiting for a non-locked bootloader Fascinate (obviously because Samsung is awesome lol) that I ordered on eBay to play around with in the mean time that I'm waiting on the Galaxy Nexus but this ROM does wonders for my Droid 2. Thank you so much guys! :biggrin:

itsmontoya

Reaction score
This rom is amazing so far! WOW! Well done to everyone on the Liberty team

dieselmk5

Reaction score
I downloaded liberty 3 from the rom toolbox and now once im in recovery i have no idea where the zip file was downloaded to? ive been looking for it for like ten minutes, not in clockwork or rom toolbox all i can find in the rc liberty 3 from before?

GrandWazoo

Reaction score
I have a two issues with this rom. First, whenever I switch from 3g to wifi, the wifi and phone signal icons turn white. This lasts until something forces the screen to reset (starting a full screen app, turning the screen off then on, etc).

Second, the new liberty customizer is really unfunctional compared to the functionality of the last one. When I used the customizer in the past, literally the only thing I did was delete most of the apps you could modify (clock, car dock, file manager, email, music, news and weather, terminal editor, etc). Now the only option is to switch between blur and AOSP/CM7, which is really annoying since I don't want those things on my phone at all. If there's another way to delete these apks, please let me know, but right now this is making liberty 3 worse than LGB 0.9 IMO, even with the awesome 1% battery icon and amazing battery life.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Use the Root File Browser and go to system/apps and delete the apps you don't like

Boot Manager

Inelastic

Reaction score
I'm using Jakebites mods now, they work great. You can download them through the rom toolbox. If you downloaded Liberty through the rom toolbox, just install it through the rom toolbox, no need to manually reboot into cwm, but the file goes into a folder named "romtoolbox." The rom toolbox also has an app manager in it that you can use to uninstall apps.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Last edited:

Stoneddave

Reaction score
Awesome job guys, I've been a huge Liberty fan all along. I was getting worried before about your guy's development for the Droid 2 coming to end, very pleased to see you still supporting us. You guys know what you're doing with ROMs in general, but especially for this phone. Some other ROMs may have some different features or more themes are maybe a little faster or whatever, but I've still to find one that even comes close to matching the all around functionality of Liberty. With Liberty, my phone just works, and works well. Battery life blows all the other ROMs out of the water, with the exception of Apex, and all the features I have tried to use work perfectly so far, much more than what can be said about other ROMs I've used. Now I don't mean to sound unappreciative of the developers of other ROMs, because I greatly appreciate anybody working on making stuff for us D2 users, especially since this phone is old news now; but I have always had the best user experience with Liberty.

Liberty 2.0.1 was the first ROM I used, moved on to Apex, Liquid, MIUI, CM7, Liberty GB v.07-.09, eventually went back to Liberty 2.0.1 eagerly awaiting a final release of Liberty GB. I liked the new features of GB ROMs, but none were bug free enough for me to feel like using all the time and I'm less of a flashaholic now so I just wanted something I can throw on my phone and forget about it, hence my return to the awesome 2.0.1. Now with your release of the stable Liberty GB, I have upgraded, and this ROM is awesome, I couldn't be happier. You guys do great work, keep it up. I have donated in the past and will continue to do so, you guys are brilliant developers and we all very much appreciate you taking the time to help make our phones as awesome as they can be.

And I just used Titanium Backup to freeze the apps I didn't want. It is less functional than the old Liberty Customizer, but you can find ways around the lack of a system app removal portion of the customizer.