[ROM] [Rom] Liberty3 For The Droid X2 11/08 - Its Time For A Revolution!

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Liberty 3
Its time for a Revolution!!!
liberty.png

Notes:
* Please Wipe Data regardless of what ROM you come from
Make sure you are on the latest 2.3.4 SBF build

Team Liberty
Primary Dev’s and project leads - Kejar31, Jrummy16 and Syaoran12
Artist - Koveleski

FABOLOUS for all his help on the DX port!
Thanks to Teamdouche for publicly posting the CM source, which I compiled some of my apps from
Thanks to Superteam and Dustin Jorge as Liberty-Laucher was forked from and based on their work
Thank you Nitroglycerin for your assistance with multiple things during this build!
Everyone else who helped make this ROM possible - you know who you are

Features:
- Most all apps were built from source.... rather that decompiled and hacked apps via APKmanager!!!!! To do this I took the CM7 source tree and reworked the framework to allow apps to properly find resources after they were compiled.
- The only apps left from Blur are the Dialer, Contacts and Camera
- AppWidgetPicker - built byboombuler
- Ads blocked via hosts file -thanks to delta_foxtrot2
- 1% battery increments built in
- Themed Dialer, Contacts, Task Manager by me to integrate into the stock GB look and feel
- Reboot options (Reboot and Screenshot)
- DSPManager included
- Custom Launcher2 with extra hotseats and speed tweaks (lightest fastest launcher you will ever use)
- Liberty Customizer (choose to add back blur apps)
- Lockscreen options (rotary, sliding tab and music controls)
- Start-up Tweaks (tool to allow you to manager your start-up tweaks)
- Root Browser (full edtion that normally comes with the pro version of the ROM toolbox - no need for Root explorer any-longer)
- Root Toolbox

Known Issues:

Disclaimer:
I nor anyone in Team Liberty take any responsibility for what this ROM or its tools may do to your phone.

Download:

Liberty3 for the Droid X2 1.0

Option #2 - download rom toolbox -> go to rom manager -> liberty

Updates:

Install - CWM only:
make sure you have root and Clockwork recovery installed
-boot into recovery via Recovery
-select "wipe data/factory reset"
-select "Yes -- delete all data"
-go back
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select LibertyXX.zip
-reboot

Install Themes:
-boot into recovery via Recovery
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select LibertyXthemeX.zip
-reboot

Donate:

Donate to Kejar31
Donate to Jrummy16

Screenshots

liberty2.png
liberty3.png

liberty4.png
liberty5.png

liberty6.png
liberty7.png

liberty8.png
liberty9.png

Victimssun

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Hey man, running it now, thanks.

There's only one thing I'm seeing, which I also saw in Eclipse 1.2. When editing Launcher Options, changing Number of Hotseats to 4, then trying to set the far left to Dialer, it doesn't work. It turns into the Contacts icon, then when you tap on it, "Application is not installed on your phone". I guess it's with Launcher2.apk?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its an issue with Launcher2. Use a different launcher

Boot Manager

litetaker

Reaction score
I am having several force closes with many apps. It says Motorola.main FC'd etc. Another thing, it force closes whenever I open the Calendar app! Can someone please help me, as I reallly want my Calendar app!

JaiManny

Reaction score
Calendar app

Got the same issue, Did you resolve your Calendar issue?

JaiManny

Reaction score
I am having several force closes with many apps. It says Motorola.main FC'd etc. Another thing, it force closes whenever I open the Calendar app! Can someone please help me, as I reallly want my Calendar app!

I solved this issue PM me if you want to know.

Victimssun

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Nah, those won't work. They're for the X only. And there are currently no themes out yet that I've seen either. What did you have in mind?

JaiManny

Reaction score
Just want to experiment .... loving the liberty3 rom but wanted to splash it up with different colors

Sent from my DROID X2

tntlassiter

Reaction score
My install aborted (something about line 5) then froze up and I had to sbf to get my phone to work?? What gives?

mellonjollie

Reaction score
Random ringing

Just installed the ROM today and everything went smoothly. Followed instructions, wiped data, etc.
About 2 or 3 hours later, the phone started ringing, just once through the ringtone, then stopped. It did this again another 2 hours later. Tried to answer, but screen was dark (asleep). I pressed the home key and the screen lit up like nothing was wrong. There was no icon for a missed call, nor was there any indication in the call log.
Any clue what's going on?

droid_x_noob

Reaction score
Well it's been a while sense I been here just got the droid x2 and got liberty on it (running great by the way) But when I turn my phone to use the full keyboard it show it but it looks like the keyboard you would have when you hold the phone straight up and down just in qwerty style.. Has any one else had this problem and how did you fix it.

s3pt1k

Reaction score
I'm going crazy with this ROM. I've reinstalled many times and at some point after flashing, the calendar gives me fits. Just keeps force closing. I've reinstalled the AOSP and Blur versions and now when I open up the customizer, I see both are checked. I'm about ready to drop this rom because I MUST have the calendar function. Other than that though, I love it and want to keep using. Anyone have a fix for this?

s3pt1k

Reaction score
Okay, I fixed the calendar problem. Here's how:

I deleted the calendar app and calendar storage (NOT calendar service). I also deleted both email apps. I did this using App Manager Pro. Reinstalled AOSP apps and it works. I have not tried going back to the blur apps yet (which is what I want, but don't wanna mess with it).