[ROM] [PORT] Liberty3 D2G 1.0 - Unnofficial - (11/5/11)

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
LIBERTY3 1.0

Notes:

* Please Wipe Data regardless of what ROM you come from
This is a 1st Init based so use the proper CWM

Team Liberty
Primary Dev’s and project leads - Kejar31, Jurmmy16 and Syaoran12
Artist - Koveleski

FABOLOUS for all his help on the DX port!
Thanks to Teamdouche for publicly posting the CM source, which I compiled some of my apps from
Thanks to Superteam and Dustin Jorge as Liberty-Laucher was forked from and based on their work
Everyone else who helped make this ROM possible - you know who you are

Features:
- Most all apps were built from source.... rather that decompiled and hacked apps via APKmanager!!!!! To do this I took the CM7 source tree and reworked the framework to allow apps to properly find resources after they were compiled.
- The only apps left from Blur are the Dialer, Contacts and Camera
- AppWidgetPicker - built by boombuler
- Ads blocked via hosts file - thanks to delta_foxtrot2
- 1% battery increments built in (Icons made by thanks to Nitro)
- Themed Dialer, Contacts, Task Manager by me to integrate into the stock GB look and feel
- Reboot options (Reboot,Recovery and Screenshot)
- DSPManager included
- Custom Launcher2 with extra hotseats and speed tweaks (lightest fastest launcher you will ever use)
- Liberty Customizer (choose to add back blur apps)
- Lockscreen options (rotary, sliding tab and music controls)
- Start-up Tweaks (tool to allow you to manager your start-up tweaks)
- Root Browser (full edtion that normally comes with the pro version of the ROM toolbox - no need for Root explorer any-longer)
- Root Toolbox

Known Issues:
camera is mirrored horizontally
GSM Data more than likely does not work. I personally cant test it but almost certain it will not.

Disclaimer:
I nor anyone in Team Liberty take any responsibility for what this ROM or its tools may do to your phone.

Download:
Liberty 3 D2G 1.0

Updates:

Install - CWM only:
make sure you have root and Clockwork recovery installed
-boot into recovery via Recovery
-select "wipe data/factory reset"
-select "Yes -- delete all data"
-go back
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select LibertyXX.zip
-reboot

Install Themes:
-boot into recovery via Recovery
-select "install zip from sdcard"
-select "choose zip from sdcard"
-find and select LibertyXthemeX.zip
-reboot

Donate:

Donate to Kejar31
Donate to Jrummy16

Note to mods: I sent a pm to Kejar asking for permission to post and did not recieve a response. If someone from Team Liberty asks I will take this down.
CAP201111051852.pngscreenshot-1320537011237.pngscreenshot-1320537002128.pngscreenshot-1320536862504.pngCAP201111051857.png

Jonas

Reaction score
So this is legit? Not like the Romer version without sensors? I was sitting here fiddling with CM7 and found this, and I had Liberty as my first ROM, and this may bring me back. Does the Camera only display mirrored, or does it take the pictures mirrored also?

Edit: are these Liberty specific themes, or is this compatible with the T-Mobile theme engine?

Jonas

Reaction score
Ok guys, I have this ROM flashed on my phone now, and the first thing I noticed is what I thought to be a bootloop on the Liberty boot screen, but it's not actually a boot lopp, it just takes around 5 mins to actually load the ROM. I will continue to report back on this as I work with it!

Edit: @Angel, I'm not sure how to explain this, but is there a way to disable the kind of "bubble theme" of the icons and UI? If not I can make it work, just wondering.

OP
13th angel

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Liberty specific as its blur based.

Takes/displays at at 90 degree angle.

Yea, use a different launcher lol. Thats just how the Liberty Launcher is.

Jonas

Reaction score
Alright, now I am having trouble applying themes. Is it at all possible to use the CM7 theme engine? I tried pushing the apk and installing that way, and no luck. And I dont see that file called LibertyXThemeX.zip. Where would it be?

OP
13th angel

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Nope. Look in the D2 section for themes. It should be Liberty<version><theme_name>.zip in the posts

OP
13th angel

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Yes except it will need the new themes for Liberty3. Using 1.5/2.0 themes will bootloop you.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good to see some D2G love for y'all. Good job 13th Angel. :)

Boot Manager

Jonas

Reaction score
Yes except it will need the new themes for Liberty3. Using 1.5/2.0 themes will bootloop you.

Absolutly Unacceptable!

JK, where can I find some for L3?

Edit: Nevermind, a google search cleared it up. Are there any reqs other than being scripted for L3?

Jonas

Reaction score
I now have a very odd bug... I tried using rom tools by jrummy, and tried to change my font and pulldown text, since the editor built in just freezes and crashes, and now I am roaming? And my phone continues to say I am losing data connection, but I can still text and get on the internet? I'm not worried about extra charges as my gps is turned on, and verizon can track it. I tried dialing *228, and I did the roaming update, and tried to restart, and still have this issue. I'm going to try a cache wipe, then factory reset, then both, then ill try reflashing this rom. Its too good to pass up...

P.S. I live in southern north carolina, far from being outside of the US like my phone claims it is.

Sent from my Banana Phone

Edit: so I reflashed it, and lost the roaming bug for now. So now my only concern is witht the themes. I found a list of themes for Liberty 3 v1.0 for the droid X. Will these work for the D2G or will someone need to port them over?

Thanks again Angel for posting a wonderful ROM, and thanks to the liberty team, you guys make a great ROM!

Jonas

Reaction score
Ok, so just confirming, these themes should work, yes? I'm just annoyed since I SBF'ed 5 times yesterday, and if these are not correct themes, they will boot loop me.
Liberty 3 Themes List - RootzWiki

E
dit: Ok, so I got one theme to work without bootlooping, by following these directions here. I am emensley pleased with this ROM, and hopefully the guys from Liberty are on here, so I can give them bugs reports directly, and give them the work-arounds I have found for them.
http://rootzwiki.com/topic/9113-error-theme-install-red-liberty-3/

Jonas

Reaction score
More bugs, the swype included in this rom is coded for D2, so it does work. The work around is to rename the swype apk to .bak, then use the swype beta installer, and install the correct one. And for some reason it keeps deleting my droid forums app, idk why. Other than that this rom is excellent.

Sent from my banana phone.

nola

Reaction score
can someone please explain to me why my phone won't boot into recovery?! i've only ever used bootstrapper and if this absolutely requires cwm then i can't do anything. am i not supposed to install it for the global? for just the plain droid 2 maybe? for the droidx since this rom is a port from the x (right?)? this is extremely frustrating...any help...

EDIT: i want to add that i've googled this problem and tried the solutions available. nothing.

so tired and frustrated with this phone...