[ROM] [Rom] Liberty3 V2.0 For The Droid 2 11/28 - Sunday Bloody Sunday!

sikbrik

Reaction score
Good stuff...I keep coming back to Liberty as my daily driver even though CM and MIUI are getting better. That said, I'm about ready to donate but the one nagging thing for me is not having 'click through' options on the power controls (i.e. - long press on bluetooth to get to bluetooth settings, like in CM7. same for GPS, etc.)

Can this ever happen?

sikbrik

Reaction score
Any Wifi Tether working yet? My wifi tether app and barnicle both start up but then the stock tether app takes over and won't work!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

I'm using the patch for GB wifi tether and it still seems to work in Liberty. (Wugfresh Tether Patch)

PDAtric

Reaction score
This worked like a charm! Thanks

rystan11

Reaction score
Jrummy stop developing for d2? I went ahead a while back and bought liberty customizer for support, but he isn't updating this in any way. Kinda lame. This ROM still has a few bugs too.

sikbrik

Reaction score
Jrummy stop developing for d2? I went ahead a while back and bought liberty customizer for support, but he isn't updating this in any way. Kinda lame. This ROM still has a few bugs too.

hehe...would be nice if we could get devs to sign a 2 year service contract. :biggrin: That being said, not sure about this but I haven't seen any talk of liberty updates for quite a while. I'm back on stock, self-debloated and deblurred as much as possible to keep everything working. It'll work 'til I get a new device.

VooDooCC

Reaction score
Sorry, for not reading through all 13 pages, but I just flashed and loving most of it so far. I wondered if there's been any update to the widgets on the pull down status bar? I would like to be able to at least rearrange them, most of those I never even use. If not, is there an older version I can flash to?
Also, sorry for the newbness, but how do I add shortcuts to the launcher? I somehow got it to add 2 extra hot seats, forget how now, but if I try to drag an icon, it goes away. If I press the plus button, it just says no application installed.
Edit:Got the shortcuts down there by long pressing the plus. Is there a way to change the icon? I have messenger, dialer, browser, and gmail. 3 greens and 1 red just doesn't look right.
Edit again: I downloaded ADW launcher to get be able to change the icons, but can anyone tell me where to get the original messenger or browswer icons, or what the exact color of green is, in RGB. Also, looking for the stock wallpaper, I want to alter it just a bit.

Last edited:

FullMetalGuitar412

Reaction score
I Absolutely LOVE this ROM!!! I tried CM7 (by RevNumbers), and didn't like it much. Loaded Liberty and LOVED!! Few issues that I know of is when I try to use the Blur gallery, it refuses to work. it wont load pix or anything. but not important, I love it over all. I'm starting to get lots of freezes and reboots sometimes, but I am blaming that on my customization of boot image, animation, etc. Keep up the great work on this ROM! Oh, also, I get force quits every time i try to use the Root explorer built into the ROM, but when I use the file browser in ROM Toolbox (where I got Liberty) it works just fine. so again, not a big deal.

fbskiracer

Reaction score
Couple of quick questions

1) I added facebook sync, but my contact photos are not syncing.

2) is there a way to set the gmail notification to vibrate but maintain a txt ringtone notification?

dynamowow

Reaction score
I recently upgraded to Liberty 3.0 from Liberty 2 on a Droid 2 after upgrading to gingerbread ota and all is great except one concern - tethering. I downloaded and programmed the tethering on my phone with Radiocomm according to a couple websites and it is working fine without Wugpacked or any other program. I was wondering how one can tell that the Radiocomm reprogramming worked vs. Verizon's tethering monitering? If anyone can answer this question I would be very grateful.

Last edited:

sikbrik

Reaction score
I recently upgraded to Liberty 3.0 from Liberty 2 on a Droid 2 after upgrading to gingerbread ota and all is great except one concern - tethering. I downloaded and programmed the tethering on my phone with Radiocomm according to a couple websites and it is working fine without Wugpacked or any other program. I was wondering how one can tell that the Radiocomm reprogramming worked vs. Verizon's tethering monitering? If anyone can answer this question I would be very grateful.

I've only used this for testing in case of an emergency, since it's against the terms of my agreement to use tethering without the vzw tethering plan BUT I would have to assume that if you aren't being redirected to the VZW tethering page and you can get to sites on the web, then you've successfully bypassed the controls that were in place. I'm not sure if that info helps you or not.

dynamowow

Reaction score
I've only used this for testing in case of an emergency, since it's against the terms of my agreement to use tethering without the vzw tethering plan BUT I would have to assume that if you aren't being redirected to the VZW tethering page and you can get to sites on the web, then you've successfully bypassed the controls that were in place. I'm not sure if that info helps you or not.

Thanks - that's what I'm looking for

tjarvis

Reaction score
Any news on updates? It's been 3 months without any news.

no idea, but I assume by the lack of activity that the d2 is a sinking ship and most everyone has moved on. I'm waiting on an ne2 upgrade in 10 days and most everyone else is around the same. It's been a good solid run...but I doubt there will be further support from anyone other than a few folks over on rootzwiki trying to get ics running smooth. There are great gb roms though, I recommend with liberty 3 or apex for stability and battery life.