[ROM] ApeX 1.3.1 for Droid 2 - Running, running, as fast as it can

NfamousDroid

Reaction score
Yeah I like the lockers that come standard in this rom itself. But I have nextheme installed over the rom and for whatever reason they have always seemed a bit blurry to me. Even the lockers that come in this rom prior to installin a theme would be nice if there was a way I could flash them an install them in place of the nextheme lockers. Im still new too posting stuff in here so I hope im making sense lol.

palindrome

Reaction score
Oh there's a way...example, someone found the file for apex's fly in windows, and found where to place it on stock rom.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

palindrome

Reaction score
Check this out. I downloaded fabdroids adw update. Installed at terminal emulator and couldn't find any difference, namely the moveable trashcan. Uninstalled launcher.apk at term emulator and adw completely uninstalled. Apex has adw somewhere in its file which is on sdcard so its there but I don't know enough to pluck it from there. So, I went to market , downloaded their adw, and it runs faster!!!! Weird but fast. I suppose I'm okay given the performance increase and the lack of issues.

palindrome

Reaction score
Oh, also pulling icons from several themes so no theme issue as reported at fabdroid

2006sport

Reaction score
After a couple days my battery is at its best. Better than it was on the stock rom. Whatever you did Fab, keep doing it. The rom has gotten a lot smoother.

Only one thing, sometimes turning on the screen doesnt work. I'll press it, nothing...hold it down and nothing. Then 5 mins later i'll press the button and it turns right on.

cubsfan187

Reaction score
will this rom work on the D2 with .320? Or do I need to flash up to system files for .340 first?

palindrome

Reaction score
2.3.20 is on mine . Merry Christmas!

cubsfan187

Reaction score
this is my wife's phone and it is on 2.2.320. There hasn't been an update sent to her phone so i'm not sure if this will work.

Edit:..... MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ALL!!!

Goatastic

Reaction score
After a couple days my battery is at its best. Better than it was on the stock rom. Whatever you did Fab, keep doing it. The rom has gotten a lot smoother.

Only one thing, sometimes turning on the screen doesnt work. I'll press it, nothing...hold it down and nothing. Then 5 mins later i'll press the button and it turns right on.

Did you do it as a fresh flash? I found that just flashing it over top of an older version cleard that issue up for me.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
this is my wife's phone and it is on 2.2.320. There hasn't been an update sent to her phone so i'm not sure if this will work.

We need to get this straight. In another thread, you said your wife had a D2, which is 2.3.20. The DX is 2.3.230.

Which one does she have?

cubsfan187

Reaction score

We need to get this straight. In another thread, you said your wife had a D2, which is 2.3.20. The DX is 2.3.230.

Which one does she have?

I have the x she has the D2. Maybe I typed it wrong but it is a D2. I could have sworn when I looked at the "about phone" on hers it said 2.2.320. Maybe not. Sorry for the confusion.

2006sport

Reaction score

Did you do it as a fresh flash? I found that just flashing it over top of an older version cleard that issue up for me.

Nope, Just flashed over my stock rom. This was the first one I've installed on my phone.

Got a weird message late last night on it though. Said "Process could not be completed" or something of that nature and had the option to RC or wait. I pressed FC and got a black screen so when I held down the power button it gave me the option to shut off and reboot and all that. So far so good though, not another episode of that.

2006sport

Reaction score

Nope, Just flashed over my stock rom. This was the first one I've installed on my phone.

Got a weird message late last night on it though. Said "Process could not be completed" or something of that nature and had the option to RC or wait. I pressed FC and got a black screen so when I held down the power button it gave me the option to shut off and reboot and all that. So far so good though, not another episode of that.

Did it again today. Contemplating restoring stock rom and reflashing.

Reaction score
I had a similar issue not long ago. My phone seemed a bit sketchy so I reflashed late one night. I got the " sorry" message" but I continued and the phone did activate. I chose to reflash again bcuz I couldn't get over that message. It was now around 2am, I got the same sorry notice, and then the phone wouldn't reactivate my service, it gave me a message that this particular service(activation) is shut down at night. Next day(during day),I flashed backup to stock, started over, and everything went perfectly!! No weird notices, no problems, flawless operation. No more late night rom installations for me!!

slickpig

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to ROM the screen lock animation on gingerbread 2.3 that looks like a tv shutting off?