[ROM] ApeX V2.0.0 Beta - Droid 2 (5/5/2011)

T3viin

Reaction score
Have you had any issues going from apex back to zombiestomped? I was running apex formaybe a few days. it was nice.untill it kept messing up.my display kept going out and id have to do battery pullls. then it it would just freeze my whole phone all together at times..again battery pull. so i switched back to zombiestomed.. i sbfd, froyo, then gb, then ZS. still the problems i had with apex came ontoo froyo and onto Zs and i dont kno why. i know its not ZS. this has never happened until i loaded apex's rom. no offense to apex himself bu the rom needs work. alot of work :/

*Update: again I could be wrong..gonna check if its jus the sd card i bought recently.. if not then it must be apex.. Not tryna blame anyone jus tryna find a fix :/.

Last edited:

devinhfox

Reaction score
Had issues with calendar and notification light.

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk

HavoC

Reaction score
T3viin:

yeah, I actually did. I don't think it had anything to do with APEX tho, I tried to install ZombieStomped 1.7 but forgot to install the second "data" part of it, and after a few hours that started bootlooping to the point where it wasn't usable, so I had to .sbf back to froyo, re-root, and restore a backup of ZS 1.65 that I had been running before giving APEX a try. Now (even after wiping data & cache) I can't seem to reinstall the stock GB leak to attempt to give ZS 1.7 another try, the stock leak installation fails when it attempts to install the new radio (I think). I even redownloaded the stock leak rom again and it still fails in the same spot, and I installed once before installing ZS 1.65, so I know the stock rom itself is not the issue.

long story short: I failed to install ZS 1.7 correctly, and ever since I've had difficulty installing any other rom (besides my ZS 1.65 backup) with any success. In my case, I can't necessarily say that APEX has anything to do with my problems.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Oowoon

Reaction score
Been using apex for almost a month now. Longer battery life, no issues, and It's alot faster. Better than when I first tried Apex on froyo back in... january-february?

R2Dtard

Reaction score
Just switched from zombiestomped (which i quite liked) only to LOVE this ROM. I am not a fan of blur and this ROM seems to be the answer. It is lightning fast, has given me zero problems, and is probably the fastest ROM i have tested. Hope the battery life is as good as zombiestomped, but only time will tell.

Thanks Fabalous!

Well time has told, battery life is awesome. Thanks again!

foxdog

Reaction score
How is video playback with this rom? Zombie stomped won't even play 1 minute video without stopping and giving me issues with the youtube app.

R2Dtard

Reaction score
Just switched from zombiestomped (which i quite liked) only to LOVE this ROM. I am not a fan of blur and this ROM seems to be the answer. It is lightning fast, has given me zero problems, and is probably the fastest ROM i have tested. Hope the battery life is as good as zombiestomped, but only time will tell.

Thanks Fabalous!

Well time has told, battery life is awesome. Thanks again!

yo dude im also running ZS 1.71 right now and im about to flash apex... did u have to reset DATA and ur caches or just ur caches? i rly wanna avoid factory resetting if i can but im ab to push the button n dunno what to do, ive read this entire thread and noone coming from ZS said nething bout how they followed the structions

also are there any themes for apex 2.0 beta???

Definitely clear data and cache before flashing. Just use titanium backup pro to backup your app data and google sync to resync all your contacts. I have not used titanium backup for app data but it seems to be the norm around here. You wont regret the switch! As for themes, I believe themers will wait for an official release to start making any. Good luck!

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
Just flashed. Still restoring apps, but so far I love how responsive the AOSP Gingerbread is!

Gonna test for a few days and see if it will replace LGB.

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
anyone have any issues using clockwork? I can't get to recovery from it, but I can from bootstrap.

Also when in the recovery now, i don't see the .zip files on the root of my sd card. Can't flash the second part of apex.

+++

Figured out SD card issue (lol... it wraps around!), still cannot get to recovery from CW.... not an issue can get to it other ways, it's just weird.

Last edited:

pshaw92

Reaction score
This ROM is beautiful.

Will there an update?

ahC_hED

Reaction score
I believe fab is working on the RC1 for us D2 users....check his twitter: bigxie

HerroMoto

Reaction score
Yeah I've been checking his twitter nonstop. Can't wait for the D2 version hope it's soon! Loving the beta