[ROM] ApeX 1.3.1 for Droid X - Running, running, as fast as it can (12/16/10)

kirbnite

Reaction score
I used to keep up on this thread, but awhile back I stopped reading them all so forgive me if I repeat a prior post. I am new to themeing and not real good at it but upon learning, had the damndist learning experience. All threads explain to decompile framework-res to change colors in the XML files.

Here was my major headache during learning as apparently statusbar_header_backgroung.png.9 is not formatted properly. I must admit that I did learn slot as I did learn about the .9 files.

This prevents the apk from being able to be re-compiled. Thought I would share my learning experience.

Also in this forum is a themeing fix for skype.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

harshd2000

Reaction score
Turns purity was Screebl that was eating up phone battery. It was causing my phone to get hot at times idling and also would not turn the screen off.

If you have recovered from your stroke can you repeat the cause of your issue? :blink:

hahaha! funny.

Well the phone was was perfectly fine and working very well with ApeX 1.3 for a while, but after Screebl updated around the end of Jan or beg of Feb, phone started acting up.

I started getting random overheats just sitting there idling, screen would not dim and turn off after the 15 seconds, and the worst of all, the battery only lasted around 7-8 hours.

After investigating haha:icon_ banana:, I realized that it was due to Screebl's new update. So I uninstalled, and reinstalled it. That did not fix the problem so I just got rid of it.

My phone has not showed any of the previous symptoms at all since then. No overheating, screen turns off like it should, and best of all battery lasting over 30 hours with medium usage. I was reading on couple of other forums and saw that many people were having same issues with the updated Screebl as of end of Jan. Plus, ever since Screebl came out with their paid app, their free app has gone down the dumper. May be it is just me, but I did not resist to "drop it like its hot"

asaunders

Reaction score
Fab, I'm getting duplicate text messages. Using Chomp sms as the primary. I've gon into settings and disabled notification for the regular messaging but it stil shows up on the notification bar along with the alert from Chomp. Do you or anyone else have any ideas?

wooddale

Reaction score
Fab, I'm getting duplicate text messages. Using Chomp sms as the primary. I've gon into settings and disabled notification for the regular messaging but it stil shows up on the notification bar along with the alert from Chomp. Do you or anyone else have any ideas?

Try handcent app works for me

gudziel1482

Reaction score

Have you gone into Terminal Emulator and checked your messaging? When I use Handcent I changed my messaging from -aosp to -mot. That fixed it for me.

I've just gone to Apex 1.4 yesterday and Fab has made it much easier to configure your phone through terminal emulator. Look at the first post in this thread and go to his webpage. It gives a better explanation on fixing double txts and what not.

asaunders

Reaction score
Good to know because I use chomp as well. I looked at the beginning of this thread but didn't see the script. Does anyone have a list of them? Sorry to be a pain.

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Good to know because I use chomp as well. I looked at the beginning of this thread but didn't see the script. Does anyone have a list of them? Sorry to be a pain.

su
messaging -mot

asaunders

Reaction score
I tried the script and got this:

export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH
$ $su
# messaging -mot
failed on '/system/app/Messaging.bak' - No such file or directory
failed on '/system/app/Conversations.bak' - No such file or directory
Using Moto MMS App