[ROM] ApeX V1.4.1 for Droid X & Droid 2 - Refinement and Ease of Use (2/22/2011)

brandonros

Reaction score
I've just installed this as my first Apex and it's awesome. However, I'm not able to get the toolbox to connect to fabdroid.com. When I try to install any of the battery mods, I get the following error for the past few days:
wget: bad address 'fabdroid.com'
Download failed! Please try again later.
Download error. Please try again!

I did type "su" before typing "apextoolbox" and superuser permissions were granted, but it's not working. On my browser, when I try to reach fabdroid.com, I get an error, so is it that Fab's site is down right now? Or do I need to manually update the toolbox?
TIA

Reaction score
I've just installed this as my first Apex and it's awesome. However, I'm not able to get the toolbox to connect to fabdroid.com. When I try to install any of the battery mods, I get the following error for the past few days:

I did type "su" before typing "apextoolbox" and superuser permissions were granted, but it's not working. On my browser, when I try to reach fabdroid.com, I get an error, so is it that Fab's site is down right now? Or do I need to manually update the toolbox?
TIA

Unfortunately, something has happened and Fab hasn't been on these posts in a while and his web site fabdroid.com is now.... well not fabdroid.com anymore I can tell you that haha. So pretty much you can't use the toolbox since it uses fabdroid.com to download the needed files. Sorry for the bad news. I would suggest Liberty as another rom to try or the new Gingerbread for Droid 2 and Droid X especially now that it comes pre-rooted.

brandonros

Reaction score

TIA

Unfortunately, something has happened and Fab hasn't been on these posts in a while and his web site fabdroid.com is now.... well not fabdroid.com anymore I can tell you that haha. So pretty much you can't use the toolbox since it uses fabdroid.com to download the needed files. Sorry for the bad news. I would suggest Liberty as another rom to try or the new Gingerbread for Droid 2 and Droid X especially now that it comes pre-rooted.

Thanks for the heads up. That's a bummer! I really liked the speed and battery life of Apex. I would do Gingerbread but I'm a fan of RealHDMI and they don't support GB yet. Also, will installing the latest pre-rooted GB interfere with the OTA update when it gets released or will my phone already be updated and ignore it when it's available? And can you tell me if GB is noticeably faster than Froyo or should I try Liberty if I really want speed and battery? I tried apex in the first place because my DX was so slow and would freeze up even when I tried to use the dialer. Thanks again

Reaction score
From what I understand, no you won't get over the air updates because you aren't using the stock, non-rooted rom. As for speed and battery, for speed especially, Gingerbread has been a lot better for me, they have made a lot of improvements with the way it everything. As for battery life, a lot of people have said that it is better too but I haven't noticed better battery life but I think it's because I never applied my old profiles which limited the amount of CPU usage allowed when the screen is off.

Personally I would recommend Gingerbread just because it's a nice change from the usual as well :icon_ banana:

Snipe_AT

Reaction score
Hey guys, anyone know how ApeX is so efficient at finding 3G.
I am living in an area where my phone switches from 3G to 1X
and it stays a 1X for a very long time.
When I had ApeX for a ROM, it was on 3G almost all the time.

Take that as a no...