[ROM] ApeX 1.3.1 for Droid X - Running, running, as fast as it can (12/16/10)

wildman1

Reaction score
By chance do anyone know a way to restore original 3G Hotspot app and where I can get apk for Blur Version of Apex rom?

jaw4bama

Reaction score
By chance do anyone know a way to restore original 3G Hotspot app and where I can get apk for Blur Version of Apex rom?

In the orginal post there is a file call "removedapps". Download that and unzip it then chose the 3g hotspot apk and install.

wildman1

Reaction score

In the orginal post there is a file call "removedapps". Download that and unzip it then chose the 3g hotspot apk and install.

Thanks I originally downloaded on Rom Manager and those wasnt listed and I missed it on post...

Thanks Again..

Mick11

Reaction score
K guys ive got a big problem. Did this on my friends phone but he has a mac computer. Accidentally opened file bafoer i copied. Then i didn't make a backup and wiped the data and cache. so i went to file to find out it was unziped. so i rebooted and my freind was pissed because all of his apps were gone. So i reinstalled the rom and tried again but it just got stuck on the update installing part so i battery pulled restarted phone and all data was wiped and i gave it back to him. Any ideas on how to fix?

KHeeney5

Reaction score
So the phone works, you just don't have apps? When you sign in with your google account it should download all your apps. Or have him go to market.android.com and have him click my account. Should be a push apps to phone button somewhere? Maybe.

K guys ive got a big problem. Did this on my friends phone but he has a mac computer. Accidentally opened file bafoer i copied. Then i didn't make a backup and wiped the data and cache. so i went to file to find out it was unziped. so i rebooted and my freind was pissed because all of his apps were gone. So i reinstalled the rom and tried again but it just got stuck on the update installing part so i battery pulled restarted phone and all data was wiped and i gave it back to him. Any ideas on how to fix?

Sent from my DROIDX

Mick11

Reaction score
no he doesnt care about the apps. He want the rom bbut it gets stuck on installing update. Any idea?

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Can you get into recovery? (Black screen with green text)? If so, redownload ApeX, put on your SD and reflash.

Also, what update? Are you on the .340 software?

no he doesnt care about the apps. He want the rom bbut it gets stuck on installing update. Any idea?

Sent from my DROIDX

IamMark

Reaction score
Wireless Tether

I guess I'm being really mentally challenged, but how does Wireless Tether that comes with ApeX work? If I want to use my laptop to connect to the Internet through the Droid X, what exactly do I need to do? Am I supposed to physically connect it with a USB cable, bluetooth, or is it supposed to show up as a wireless network on my laptop? I tried seeing if it would show up as a wireless network, but it never appeared.

Thanks.

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Wireless Tether

I guess I'm being really mentally challenged, but how does Wireless Tether that comes with ApeX work? If I want to use my laptop to connect to the Internet through the Droid X, what exactly do I need to do? Am I supposed to physically connect it with a USB cable, bluetooth, or is it supposed to show up as a wireless network on my laptop? I tried seeing if it would show up as a wireless network, but it never appeared.

Thanks.

Well nothing is included with ApeX. Go to the Market and grab Wireless Tether for Root Users.

Actually, let me do that for you. Here you go! dancedroid
https://market.android.com/details?id=android.tether

IamMark

Reaction score
Thanks, but according to the ApeX "features" located on the first page of this thread, Wireless Tether is included in ApeX. I also have it listed as one of my Apps, and I definitely did not download it separately.

That's what my issue is. I launched and started tethering on the Droid X, but I'm not sure what to do on the laptop side.

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Connect to the network after starting tethering on your phone. You just click to connect your laptop to a network and your phone will be listed as one of the choices.

Thanks, but according to the ApeX "features" located on the first page of this thread, Wireless Tether is included in ApeX. I also have it listed as one of my Apps, and I definitely did not download it separately.

That's what my issue is. I launched and started tethering on the Droid X, but I'm not sure what to do on the laptop side.

Sent from my DROIDX

IamMark

Reaction score
So should the Droid X being showing up as an available wireless network to connect to? I've tried two different laptops, and neither one of them is seeing my Droid X after I start tethering.

KHeeney5

Reaction score
Why not just use Wireless Tether for Root Users? If your computer isn't registering with your phone then maybe you should at lease try that..

Sent from my DROIDX

IamMark

Reaction score
That's the same application that comes preinstalled on ApeX (at least based on the screenshots).