[ROM] ApeX 1.3.1 for Droid 2 - Running, running, as fast as it can

snstr1

Reaction score
I just installed the ROM today, and everything is seemingly perfect EXCEPT, when I go back into text messages, none of my numbers have names/pictures associated with them. SO then I went back into my contacts, and they're all still there, names, pictures, and numbers, all linked correctly.

Anyone have an explanation or a fix for this? It's not too fun trying to play guess who ever time I get a text, nor is it fun having to manually add them all again.

I had this happen and had to export my contacts on google to a CVS file then import them back. That brought back all the contacts but I still had to redo all my pics manually.

This is a way awesome ROM but my problem is that I cant get the standard keyboard to load back over the apex keyboard. I downloaded and loaded the 2.3 keyboard from fabulous using ROM Manager but thats even smaller.

Tried multiple ways to get the LatinIME.apk file loaded including using install LatinIME.apk whil in root and even though it says it installed "Care of Fabulous" the keyboard doesnt change, or I just get a force close error constantly.

Any ideas for getting the Standard Keyboard back?

EDIT: or anyone had success in loading the GingerBread keyboards that are going around with the Apex ROM?

Last edited:

StramonDroid2

Reaction score
Wake lock

I seem to be stuck in wake lock after flashing this rom. Ive had it on almost 24 hours, and under spare parts it lists system 100.00%....

Is there something I can do to fix this?

Thanks for your help in advance...
dancedroid

destinydmm

Reaction score
Hey Fabo I wanted to know if you would be able to add the power control in the notification bar to your rom? the og forum is here -> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...7#post10133877

Not to throw salt but the MIUI PCNW (power control notification widget *gasp*) is SICK & scrollable but the CM 6.1.X lets one choose 6 out of the 20+ power control options. The thread I posted is based off the CM PCNW. I hope this can be a new feature in your Apex roms!!!

acefire01

Reaction score
Hey Fab when can we expect an update? I switched to liberty due to many problems with this rom but I miss this rom a lot still so yea anything we can expect soon?

jediman

Reaction score
I've noticed apps like droid comic viewer ( and jj's) cause force closes or even system reboots when running, along with numerous skype issues that forced me to uninstall the app, and also I still have issues with the tether app hosing wifi up when tethering is stopped.

I also noticed that as of last night, and this could be the apps issue, but a torrent client causes the system to lock up quite a bit.

Didn't have these issues with the stock rom so not sure whats going on in this one.

xprobert

Reaction score
Any one notice that the side led doesn't work any more when changing?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

jkcm725

Reaction score
I'm haveing the same issues, but found out if you unmount mem card and remount card it starts to save pics again.

This ROM is solid, really stable and fast. Only problems I have seen so far are that my charging LED also does not light up. I am not OC'ing, no themes, just the stock apex rom from ROM manager.

Also, and I don't think this is ROM related at all, but the camera app won't open pictures after I take them. It opens the gallery app, and the recent pictures aren't there. I have to exit the camera app and open the gallery app to see them. Additionally, sometimes they still dont show up in the gallery app, and I have to force stop the gallery app and clear it's data to get it to start rescanning the sd card and find the recently taken pictures.

I had similar problems on my D1, so I dont know if there is a random file on my sd card causing this problem or what. Any input would be appreciated. Love the ROM and it's color scheme..

xprobert

Reaction score
Wonder if there be a fix for the led.

xprobert

Reaction score
What is best ulv setting to use and the right one that will not put my phone in a reboot loop?

XiangZ321

Reaction score
First of all, i would like to thank you for making this amazing ROM. I was getting really frustrated and bored with GreenROMS, but nothing else, up until now, looked any better. But now that I've installed it, im getting two texts. I googled this, andt ehre are plenty of threads fixing double notifications, but none that ask about getting two actual texts. There are three texting apps on my phone:Messaging (green), Messaging (red and grey mailbox) and ChompSMS. I only use ChompSMS. also, I have already disabled notifications for both the Messaging apps, leaving only ChompSMS. i still get the double texts. Any help will be very appreciated.

wooddale

Reaction score
First of all, i would like to thank you for making this amazing ROM. I was getting really frustrated and bored with GreenROMS, but nothing else, up until now, looked any better. But now that I've installed it, im getting two texts. I googled this, andt ehre are plenty of threads fixing double notifications, but none that ask about getting two actual texts. There are three texting apps on my phone:Messaging (green), Messaging (red and grey mailbox) and ChompSMS. I only use ChompSMS. also, I have already disabled notifications for both the Messaging apps, leaving only ChompSMS. i still get the double texts. Any help will be very appreciated.

Get rid of Chomp get handcent your problem solved

XiangZ321

Reaction score

Could you explain how it would be solved?

wooddale

Reaction score

Could you explain how it would be solved?

Not sure hers it on another thread I have handcent had problem did notifications delete took care of it someone in another thread had exact problem went to hand ent fixed prob that's all I know