Verizon Confirms Second Android 2.2 Update Coming for Motorola Droid.

CoreyT

Reaction score
Still on 2.1 here in WA. state.
No update has been pushed to me yet.
I will give it another week, and if I do not have it, I will try it from this page.
Manual Android 2.2 Update for Motorola DROID | Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog

Already disabled the ADW launcher in anticipation I will get the update.
Will probably turn it back on again as I think its interface is slicker than 2.2 even with its five screens.

paulhusker

Reaction score
Friend here in Central Nebraska reports his Moto Droid was updated to 2.2 this AM

cyclwestks

Reaction score
We have 2 droids. My daughter received the upgrade this weekend, my phone still no.

bhjazz

Reaction score
Just outside of Seattle, WA with the 2.2 update this morning. FRG01B, version 2.2. So far, it's eating my battery alive. It's down to 40%. SO far this morning I have done the following:
received and installed the udpate
checked my bus time
made one phone call
browsed the web on the bus (45 minutes).

Normally this would get the battery down to 80% or so. I'll just write this off as the cost of the update for now, but if there is a 2.2.1 coming, hopefully it's some battery tuning.

Modwild

Reaction score
I'm in Denver. One of my coworkers got FRG01B this morning, the other didn't. We all have Droid1s. I've been running it from the official download for a couple weeks, along with Flash 10.1 beta. Not a hitch so far. I've been streaming movies, can view work presentations online...its brilliant!

johnnieeve

Reaction score
Still waiting for the OTA up here in beautiful Edmonds, WA. Nice to see other posters form the Northwest. As a seasoned citizen my smartphone skills are limited. The "D & R" words (download & Root) scare the heck outta me. Might need to search for a local "Pro" to help me out.

jeffe65

Reaction score
Just outside of Seattle, WA with the 2.2 update this morning. FRG01B, version 2.2. So far, it's eating my battery alive. It's down to 40%. SO far this morning I have done the following:
received and installed the udpate
checked my bus time
made one phone call
browsed the web on the bus (45 minutes).

Normally this would get the battery down to 80% or so. I'll just write this off as the cost of the update for now, but if there is a 2.2.1 coming, hopefully it's some battery tuning.

Some here have had a similar experience; after a couple of days and a few reboots mine settled in pretty well, but it does drain the battery faster than 2.1 did. Which is why I finally rooted and overclocked it; with that you can also underclock when it's in standby mode, etc., which helps a bunch. I know, not everyone wants to root, but it's gotten simpler than it used to be.

dwoid

Reaction score
What kind of movies can you stream? Older WMV files that Eclaire used to support are not supported in Froyo at least that I've been able to see. Have you tried WMV movie files?

I'm in Denver. One of my coworkers got FRG01B this morning, the other didn't. We all have Droid1s. I've been running it from the official download for a couple weeks, along with Flash 10.1 beta. Not a hitch so far. I've been streaming movies, can view work presentations online...its brilliant!

EMC23

Reaction score
I got my update yesterday but my husband and friend still haven't gotten theirs.

Zecpull

Reaction score
My son got his last night..I didnt get one..Because I gave up and Rooted 2 weeks ago.. He had to reboot 2 times to get it to work. But he said he thinks it is a lot better now..

tyrosniver

Reaction score
VZW tried pushing froyo to my already rooted and updated phone. Located in pittsburgh,pa

Gnatman1102

Reaction score
Still no update for anyone I know with Droids in Tennessee. We did just get running water last week after all.

Wow! I moved from TN to GA 21 years ago. The only running water we get here is when it rains.

DesktopDevin

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Got my update on Saturday morning which is Early for me.

I have gotten every update at Midnight Saturday night/Sunday Morning after they start rolling it out until this one.

I don't like they way they changed the media dock. That floating green time sucks, I loved the cool blue it had when using the dimmed setting.