[v0.8+] Liberty Bug Reports

m4ck

Reaction score
Hi all,
Been using liberty on Froyo for few months on Droid X, and loved it a lot. Now, I am trying to use the Gingerbread v0.8 and I am having few problems. but not sure if it is my side or the ROM itself. Here are the steps I did:
1) SBF to Froyo .340
2) Rooted, installed bootstrap, did 2 part upgrade from TBH to Gingerbread.
3) Wiped data/cache on Gingerbread, and installed bootstrap again.
4) Went into CWM, wiped data/cache, and installed the liberty zip.
5) Booted into liberty.

Now here is where the problems/annoyances start.
1) I see the same launcher as Froyo, not the one in screenshots
2) The icons are still stock gingerbread, but on froyo, it was custom yellow liberty icons.
3) Package unsigned error when updating OI file manager
4) After using package customizer stuck at bootloop.

I have repeated the steps 4-5 times, but same thing everytime. Hopefully someone has an idea on whats wrong. Thanks again for an awesome ROM!

elicarter

Reaction score
I just updated to 08 and the issue I am having is a big one. My dialer just closes so I can't dial out. Can only call from contacts.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Been using liberty on Froyo for few months on Droid X, and loved it a lot. Now, I am trying to use the Gingerbread v0.8 and I am having few problems. but not sure if it is my side or the ROM itself. Here are the steps I did:
1) SBF to Froyo .340
2) Rooted, installed bootstrap, did 2 part upgrade from TBH to Gingerbread.
3) Wiped data/cache on Gingerbread, and installed bootstrap again.
4) Went into CWM, wiped data/cache, and installed the liberty zip.
5) Booted into liberty.

Now here is where the problems/annoyances start.
1) I see the same launcher as Froyo, not the one in screenshots
2) The icons are still stock gingerbread, but on froyo, it was custom yellow liberty icons.
3) Package unsigned error when updating OI file manager
4) After using package customizer stuck at bootloop.

I have repeated the steps 4-5 times, but same thing everytime. Hopefully someone has an idea on whats wrong. Thanks again for an awesome ROM![/QUOTE

1. Just dl or use adw or launcher pro. If you want the liberty launcher, dl homesmack app and choose from there
2. Icons are still an issue
3. Use root explorer. Forget about oi file manager
4. The launcher option in customizer can cause bootloops so just skip and like I said above, just use lp or adw.
Hope this helps

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8

nyhunter83

Reaction score
sticky note widget doesnt work for me. I can put it on the screen but it will get stuck on loading.
Also I cant seem to remove widgets from customizer such as photo frame and sticky notes

QuickClock Advanced wont load on boot. Thats probably app outdated?

everything else is working great

torr310

Reaction score
1. 0.8 seems slower than 0.7.
2. Couldn't stream music over bluetooth headset.
3. Lag when opening "Whatsapp"
4. Does not automatically restore my applications.

vitam1ne

Reaction score
V.08 works great , other then not being able to get the liberty fist boot logo back after changing it in the toolbox.

zer0ed77

Reaction score
Hello! In regards to the Pandora Cyan Unlimited... The widget does not work. I have cleared the app cache. Still, no-good. Had this same issue with the Storm Shadow unlimited Pandora on 0.7. No solution for that either. Any help?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

xpbr2000

Reaction score
I have a small issue. I hate the auto word prediction. i just want to double space and add a period. no matter what i set in the keyboard options, it doesn't change. any suggestions?

Last edited:

mtbhk44

Reaction score
Whatever they fixed in .7 to stop the random rebooting while playing music is broken again in .8. I'm having all sorts of trouble playing music for any extended period of time (more than 20 minutes) without the phone rebooting. I'd hate to have to dial back to .7..........

jgmarz

Reaction score
Street view trouble

I get an installation error when trying to load street view for google maps. It says package file was not signed correctly. Any ideas?

zer0ed77

Reaction score
Also getting FORCE CLOSES when trying to send photos through GMail through the menu option. This is when pushing on an actual photo and selecting GMail.

xpbr2000

Reaction score
Also getting FORCE CLOSES when trying to send photos through GMail through the menu option. This is when pushing on an actual photo and selecting GMail.

Like this?
Gallery> share >gmail>

I do not get FC's this way.