[Known Bugs]

Jubakuba

Reaction score
[Known Bugs in 0.8]

Edit:
I once again had to send my X into the shop for screen repairs.
As such, I am without a phone to test 0.9 on.
Keep me updated, but I won't edit this post until I personally can verify any fixed/new bugs.
WOW. Half of the post was removed automatically. Trash this thread, I will not write all that again. Unless someone has a cached version or can find one.
___

This is an unofficial thread that I plan on keeping updated frequently.
If you have any bugs that are not on my list and are able to be replicated on more phones than your own (I'll test them all as well) I shall add them to the list.
I think this will serve as a nice and organized list for the DEVS to work off of that is NOT biased against user feedback, but supportive of it.
Any "fixes" or "workarounds" shall also be listed: as a helpful resource to Liberty Nightly users. These fixes are not intended to inhibit the DEVS in working on a stable fix that flashes directly with the future builds.
___

I recommend downloading alogcat from the market and posting your logs here and directly to the DEVS at [email protected]
In the "Subject" line: be sure to explain the error or they'll have no idea what error you are reporting.
___

If your bugs don't appear to be easily replicated: Please try a fresh install.
-SBF to the full .340 using one of the many tutorials online.
-Use these files to get you on gingerbread.
-Flash the currently nightly.
___

Note: I have recompiled this list. All bugs are up-to-date and tested on a COMPLETELY fresh (SBF/GB/LIB0.8) install.
[Current Nightly Bugs ::: Liberty Gingerbread 0.8]

Liberty General

☆Playing google music on your phone may cause spontaneous reboots.
-[Fix] Enable Advertisements through Liberty Toolbox.

☆Uploading Pictures/Videos To Accounts via either gallery (obviously) doesn't work, as accounts will not add.

☆Lockscreen sliders do not line up correctly with their circular end-states in the default theme.

☆Under Settings>Call Settings the Text message reply does not work. Also, the "edit messages" option does not open.

☆Changing window animation speed to "fast" in Settings>Liberty Settings>Spare Parts disables the CRT animation.

☆Social Status Widget refreshes indefinitely and never shows a status feed. (Possibly Related to not being able to add Accounts).

☆Social Networking Widget will not show up when placed on a screen.

☆Blur Launcher doesn't work and simply shows a blank screen. If you don't have a secondary launcher, it will cause boot-loops.

☆In the ASOP Email application, the "refresh" button is replaced with a picture of a speaker.

☆The Blur Calendar widget will not show up when placed on a screen.

Liberty Customizer

☆If the initial download fails, a download loop wil

Last edited:

Sithlrdvad

Reaction score
What about the ICON PICKER in the ToolBox?

A couple of the ICONS won't work.

Other than that I am happy with this build (and really surprise that people are still caring about our DX), BUT if the FINAL build has any bugs like this ones or worse then yeah I will be really unhappy.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
In development tools (spare parts), dev settings force closes.

Blur messenger works for me.

Installing email in the customizer fixed my calendar issues

Setting window animations to fast in spare parts disables the crt animation

Hi my name is Domenic and im a DroidForums addict

Last edited:
OP
J

Jubakuba

Reaction score
I don't think I ever remember being able to open Dev Settings...
Good add.

My contacts seem to be working fine, however.

Blur messenger is not working for me...
Was in 0.5

And actually, it was in 0.7 initially...but I managed to screw myself over and had to reflash (sbf'ed back to froyo, 2zip, 0.7: same method as before).

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I was always able to on liberty 2.0.1. Maybe it's a gb thing. I wish I knew what was up with my contacts though. Maybe if I flash it again without a wipe? Not sure what else to try

On the bugs note, dl alogcat from the market and when you replicate a bug, open the app and save the logcat file. Send it to [email protected] to help them nail these bugs down.

OP
J

Jubakuba

Reaction score
I was always able to on liberty 2.0.1. Maybe it's a gb thing. I wish I knew what was up with my contacts though. Maybe if I flash it again without a wipe? Not sure what else to try

It's worth a shot...sorry if I can't be of any more help.

[Unrelated - Not bug, just me whining]
I always hate reflashing without a wipe...
Goddarn going through the customizer again...
Custom Lockscreen sounds need to be fixed again...
And a couple of other changes that I always manage to forget until I run across them again.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Contact issues were fixed by installing a fresh copy of lgb without a wipe. Working great now with ArcticSlice theme.

New bugs :
Visual voice mail is not working.
V0.7

Even after a reflash, voice search fc consistently (although this may be unique to my phone)
V0.7

Last edited:

Brennan_Huber

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Um I've got a really weird random one
When I go into droid overclock it always works however when I go in with it in landscape mode and click cpu sliders it always force closes.
Not really sure what its categorized under but thought if mention it

FreeMyMoto!!!

SonicMax

Reaction score
6/10: v 0.8: Going into Liberty Settings and changing screen density of build prop from 240 to 220 messes with the display of the Liberty Customizer window. You can see the Liberty Settings screen under it.

Last edited:

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
I stickied this with the hopes of you implementing a couple suggestions. While maintaining, it would be helpful if you could put version number next to each bug so we know which iteration it occurs on. If it's rectified with a certain version bump, please clarify that as well.

Also, if you could put a date at the front of each bug, it'd help me to know what you add since I last looked.

Thanks.

My example:

[6/4] v0.6 - Individual contacts won't open.
---- v0.7+ fixes this issue

ryokox3

Reaction score
(6/11) v0.7 After adding the verizon backup assistant through your customizer app, I synced my contacts. Looking in the contacts on phone, they are not shown. Tried filters, rebooting, wiping cache/ dalvic cache/ data wipe/ reinstall of liberty 0.7

Odd thing is that I can manually dial a contact and it shows in the history with all that saved info. I just can't find a way to make it visible in the contacts app. I'd provide a log, but I really don't know what you would like me to try to make one that is useful.

Any ideas?

jsummers

Reaction score
When someone has more then 2 numbers and the dialog pops up for me to choose the default number or pick the one to call the title of the number ( home, work ) is invisible.
But when selecting it I can see it.

I think this is a new bug that came with 0.7

Liberty GB 0.7

Last edited: