Not open for further replies.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Try wiping battery stats in cw or use the app battery calibration

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

rystan11

Reaction score
i did that right afterword, no change. went ahead an re-installed and fixed issue.

i guess we'll see :)

Reaction score
I'm having an issue with contacts. When I touch one to load it, it automatically force closes and I can't access the contact.

*Edit* 0.9

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Are you freezing anything with titanium? I had the same issue and it was because I was freezing some Apps that were necessary for contacts to run

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.9

Bsmooth411

Reaction score
I accidentally tried to use motoblur launcher early on, had to sbf back and re-download rooted GB. Since then everytime I download Liberty V.9 I get continuous force closes, and just a black background. Has this happened to anyone else?

mattv111

Reaction score
It happened to me but I read somewhere if you change a bunch of stuff in the customizer at 1 time it may mess up. So I changed just the launcher and it worked fine. Also you don't have to sbf back just wipe data and cache and reflash liberty gb

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Bsmooth411

Reaction score
Yep I sbf back to 2.3 and tried again without changing anything in liberty customizer and got continual forcecloses, couldn't access bootstrap or anything had to go back and sbf again to get back to rooted gb...UGH

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

mjhasbach

Reaction score
I have a few bugs to report for Liberty Toolbox and Liberty Customizer in Liberty GB v0.9 (Droid 2).

1. In Liberty Customizer -> All Options Picker -> Launcher, trying to change from Launcher2 to Blur Home causes issues. Upon applying the settings and rebooting, the phone "appears" to boot with no launcher...the phone boots to a black background (no widgets) with a notification bar. I was unable to navigate my phone via any of the usual methods. I had to boot into the bootstrap and reflash to use my phone properly.

2. In Liberty Toolbox -> Liberty Tweaks -> Manage Boot Animation -> Install bootanimation.zip on SD, most of the time (but not all) bootanimation.zip fails to install correctly and the file size of bootanimation.zip is changed to 0KB. Before flashing, I obviously verified that bootanimation.zip was not one of those "manual install only" boot animations and that it had an valid file size.

3. Liberty Toolbox -> Liberty Tweaks -> Manage Boot Animation -> [Disable] Boot Animation (Faster Boot) fails to actually remove the boot animation. Instead, it replaces it with what I assume to be the default Gingerbread boot animation (gray/silver android text that gradient-lightens over the letters). Note that "disable" is in brackets; it's spelled incorrectly within the application.

This is my first experience with rooting and custom ROMs in Android. I chose Liberty because it was highly recommended on the places I lurked and I decided to support the developer by buying the $5 version of Liberty Toolbox. So far I'm pretty happy with my decision.

I can't be bothered to post logs, because I'm vacationing in Hawaii currently...sorry.

Last edited:

markg777

Reaction score
The color of the text on the corp sync for the folders are the same color as the background (black). I know its not that big of a deal but it would be nice if you could see them.

markg777

Reaction score
When I go to share a application in the app manager, it doesn't let me share via text message, I can only do it through email. Before I used this rom I was able to share it via text message.

Last edited:

rmcelroy

Reaction score
is anyone else still having issues with the phone randomly rebooting?

mine wants to randomly reboot itself when I am in Pandora... very aggrivating.

hopefully this will be fixed in 1.0... til then, I suppose I will just go back to .08

h0thead132

Reaction score
Hey, i am still running (or was) 0.8, it apparently took it upon itself to delete my Gmail app and not let me install the one from the market, so i just ran a restore and figured that would be ok, well apparently not, now it just boot loops and won't let my get to the bootstraper so now what? did i totally brick it?

Reaction score
Have you cleared cache/data yet in the stock recovery? That would be the first thing. Also, the fact that the phone powers on means you're still recoverable, so don't worry.

Try stock recovery/cache and data wipe first. If that doesn't work you can always boot into download mode and sbf

Sent from my DROID2

h0thead132

Reaction score
Have you cleared cache/data yet in the stock recovery? That would be the first thing. Also, the fact that the phone powers on means you're still recoverable, so don't worry.

Try stock recovery/cache and data wipe first. If that doesn't work you can always boot into download mode and sbf

Sent from my DROID2

i can't, it wont even let me go in to clockwork or anything...

Reaction score
Not clockwork my friend, STOCK recovery. Pull the battery, hold x on the keyboard while you power on. When you see the android with the "!" His the magnifying glass on the physical keyboard to access recovery. It is very limited, but wiping data and cache are options.

Sent from my DROID2

Status
Not open for further replies.