[v0.8+] Liberty Bug Reports

tlippert

Reaction score
Chrome to phone is not working... it worked on .07 but not on .08.. everything else rocks..

shoobox

Reaction score
Hdmi

Sorry if this has been covered, but can anyone confirm that HDMI is not working in 0.8?

in99flames

Reaction score
Liberty .8 working fine! A little sluggish at times on my X, no biggie. I like it! The 2 issues I am experiencing are:

1) This was mentioned, but the Stickie widget does not work for me neither. It will be placed on the desktop but you cannot type in it and it seems to be consistently loading itself over and over.

2) My 3g connection is much slower than before. I wiped and followed all directions exactly as stated. It is a decent speed....but definitely not as quick as it was before. It started right after I flashed v.8 There could be other elements that are effecting it, but I figured I would see if others are experiencing a network slowdown on data.

Thanks! :)

bright2018

Reaction score
I have a small issue. I hate the auto word prediction. i just want to double space and add a period. no matter what i set in the keyboard options, it doesn't change. any suggestions?

You can turn that option off in the multi-touch keyboard settings. That seems to work for me.

Settings >language & keyboard settings >multi-touch keyboard >uncheck next word prediction.

Sent from my Liberated DROIDX

Rayzor

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Google Framework seems to be force closing quite often. Otherwise, I'm really not complaining about the new update. I still wish the Liberty Gallery was updated and changed around a little bit.

suquet.paul

Reaction score
Ok people; ive got my bug report. Please note that NONE of this were bugs in 0.7 for me either.

First off, i own a MEXICAN motorola Droid X, which is named here "Motoroi X" (its still the same hardware as verizons). My carrier is mexicos IUSACELL. Which might be irrelevant, for the bugs i have are mainly software based, and ive found most of em are already here.

Plus, I trust the liberty team is well aware of them and will fix them asap.

This are the ones i can remember;

a) Dialer closes without a warning.
---------This is; opening dialer > contacts > click on a contact (as in "view information"). = Nuttin'... back to home screen. Happens every single time. No matter how i restart the phone. Same happens if i long press (inspead of simply clicking on) any contact on my list to "edit contact".

b) 3G is DEFINATELY slower. Ive even played around with CDMAworkshop and QPST softwares...

c) keyboard (particulary "gingerbread keyboard")...
---------i dunno exactly what is it... but sometimes it kinda feels OVER sensitive + sometimes it wont let me use the "123MIC" key (i press it, and as long as i keep it pressed, i can see the keys, but as soon as I lift my finger, those keys are gone and its back to the qwerty board. if i keep clicking the "123MIC" button it eventually stays in there) + again with the oversentive-ness; being a mexican; i usually wirte in spanish, but I also do in english, so, my keyboard is set sio that if I slide my finger across the spacebar; ill switch languages. Well, this darn thing keeps changing by "its own" (im sure it aint, but, again; something Im doing is causing it to do so, and it didnt before).

d) At least 5 times a day, phone crashes/freezes. If i wait long enough, it'll restart itself. But most of the times, i just do a battery pull.

e) HomeScreen & Launcher.
----------I love the gingerbread (aka Launcehr2) launcher that Liberty GB0.8 has implemented now. Ive had it in Liberty 1.5. And i had the impression it was WAY faster than ADW or any other launcher ive tried (all except maybe ZEAM [that thing is FAST!]); but Liberty 0.1 ~ 0.7 had ADW, so, i've grown to appreciate ADW as well. When i installed GB0.8 i liked the fact it had Launcher2 (although i hardly use more than 3 screens).... PROBLEM(S) is (are):
(1) sometimes (I can't seem to find a pattern here...) if i try to add an app shortcut into the screen; it wont show up (and if i move an apps position, it will disappear... i assume this both errors are the same bug); if i move from, say, screen 2 to 3, and then back to 2; i am now able to add the wanted shortcut. Weird huh?
(2) SOMETIMES (as well), it can take the phone some time (up to 8 secs), to load my home screen after launching the app drawer. What do i have in my home screen you ask? "FANCY WIDGET" clock + Whats app shortcut + Trillian shortcut... not much right?

f) I see, next to the WiFi signal meter in the notifications bar, a small, gray phone with some bars next to it. Cant seem to find what it is, as if i restart my phone, or connect it to the carger, Its no longer there. (not a bug really.. i just dunno what it is)

g) also NOT A BUG; i've gotten used to the "Lock Desktop" button on the homescreen options. that was kinda usefull when youve got kids around.

Ive noticed the next BUGS are FIXED:::::
--------- From Liberty GB 0.1 all the way to 0.7, I noticed (and couldnt care less, by the way), that i couldnt enter the "ACCOUNTS" section of the settings menu. I now can.

Camera works fine, GPS works fine... Anything i can do to help. Ill do it.

Ive paid for Liberty Toolbox and Root Tools (only thing root tools has and libery toolbox hasnt is the bootanim options.. i know i can set them up with third party apps, or via a zip in my sdcard; but; ive no problem donating jrummy some beer money for his (and the whole liberty team) excelent work. Definately my fav Rom (and ive tried them ALL!!!!!)

Oh, by the way, i DID wipe.

Last edited:

suquet.paul

Reaction score
The new wallpaper that comes stock on liberty start up for the first time is not available in the liberty wallpaper screen. I access wallpaper via. long press on home screen > wallpaper > liberty wallpaper. Anyone else have this bug? I wiped and fresh installed twice for 0.8 on Droid X.

Notices that too.. It was quite a cool looking wallpaper. I didnt leave it on, knowing i woulndt get it back, but still. Kudos, it is the best Liberty wallpaper yet.

suquet.paul

Reaction score
I have the toolbox from the market and I have been installing the nightlies since 0.3, but there must be a way to install the nightlies w/o having to do a factory reset and install all my apps again!

the method I have been using is this: I watch the nightly section of the toolbox, I notice a new version, I download it, the program asks me if I want to install, I click yes, then I select backup current rom and do not select the wipe data. when my phone reboots, I unlock the phone and instantly get a unending loop of F/C's

What is the proper way to update the rom and have your apps in place and working?

Thanks.

Hey there bro; I did that same procedure from LibertyGB0.1 to 0.4, then 0.5, 0.6 & finally 0.7. Worked like a charm BUT, this time... installing 0.8, i noticed that the info on the rom (in the nightlies section of the toolbox), said that a wipe was suggested. so.. i had to do a wipe. I do get some bugs; but unlike you, no FC loops. so, i guess a wipe really was necessary this time)

But dont worry, like i said, most of the times it aint necessary.

suquet.paul

Reaction score
ran liberty customizer, did the reboot, and now i am at the boot animation and it isn't going any further. I forgot to install droid 2 boot loader and it wont even let me boot to recovery. bah, i dont want to sbf.....

SBF aint such a burden if youre a linux user. (and especially if youve "pseudo-bricked" once.. lol)

cannuh

Reaction score
Good lord, i want to flash this new rom yet im super weary due to all the problems ive been reading.

Ive been on the 2.0.1( not sure what youd call that now ) for some time now and battery is killing me. Yet, it seems like everyone that flashes has a problem.

How do you know if youre "ok" to flash?

suquet.paul

Reaction score
Good lord, i want to flash this new rom yet im super weary due to all the problems ive been reading.

Ive been on the 2.0.1( not sure what youd call that now ) for some time now and battery is killing me. Yet, it seems like everyone that flashes has a problem.

How do you know if youre "ok" to flash?

Id say its pretty much always ok to flash. But you do have to know that Liberty GB is currently in besta (so to speak...). If you don't want the mess, but still want some Gingerbread, id recommend you try Liberty0.7 and stick with it. As 0.8 brought loads of changed causing the same amount of trouble. I never had any problem with 0.7.