[v0.8+] Liberty Bug Reports

wyld

Reaction score
Flashed v.08 last night had endless force closing , couldn't back out of contacts list , had to battery pull was an endless bootloop couldn't get into stock recovery from android robot and triangle search button wouldn't register had to sbf back to Froyo!!!!!!!!

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Sounds like you did not do a data wipe, or you restored data to some system apps. The first time I flashed v0.8, I accidentally selected to restore all data including system, but I was able to get to recovery and do a wipe. I was having lots of f/c and couldn't do anything. Plugging the phone into the charger and doing a battery pull should bring up Clockwork, and wipe from there.

Either way search button should still get me in the stock recovery from ok bootloop ! Right?

wyld

Reaction score
And yes I did wipe data/factory reset before installing

Unclecheese

Reaction score
Hope this will help anoyone still on the fence regarding v0.8 install.

Was on LGB v0.7.
Installed LGB v0.8 last night.
Downloaded via Liberty Tool Box Donate. Checksum matched.
Booted into CWR, wiped Davlic, wiped Data/Factory Reset.
Installed LGB v0.8 via CWM, rebooted......
Flawless installation!!! Much easier install than I expected.

Only real issue I had was the wallpaper reverting to the stock image after reboot and it took a couple reboots to get my dock image to stick using LLP.
The dock image sticking was not a LGB v0.8 issue though.

Great job Liberty Team!!!! You make a lot of DX users very happy.
Keep up the great work.
[EDIT] Wallpaper is sticking now, just took a couple more reboots for it to sort itself out.

Last edited:

wyld

Reaction score
I'll admit it's my first custom rom attempt. Aside from the 2 part gingerbread leaks. It's definitely a learning experience for me. I researched liberty roms it was the 1 I chose first. I will definitely reinstall as soon as I can and hope to get it right!

jonasmckee

Reaction score
Corp Sync and POP

i could not get my corp exchane to sync.. so i went into customizer and switched from blur email to asop.. and it worked!.. now i don't have the ability to add a pop account email.. in fact when i go in to Add Account i have 2 corporate icons.. no email icon.. hmm.

J

JriderG

Flashed v.08 last night had endless force closing , couldn't back out of contacts list , had to battery pull was an endless bootloop couldn't get into stock recovery from android robot and triangle search button wouldn't register had to sbf back to Froyo!!!!!!!!

I think you have to use the volume keys now, not the search button. Could be wrong though.

cjriddle22

Reaction score

Sounds like you did not do a data wipe, or you restored data to some system apps. The first time I flashed v0.8, I accidentally selected to restore all data including system, but I was able to get to recovery and do a wipe. I was having lots of f/c and couldn't do anything. Plugging the phone into the charger and doing a battery pull should bring up Clockwork, and wipe from there.

Either way search button should still get me in the stock recovery from ok bootloop ! Right?

They changed how to get to stock recovery with GB.

Gingerbread Stock Recovery
1. Turn your phone off.
2. Hold down “Home” and press the “Power”. Hold them until the Motorola logo appears
3. Release the “Power” button, but continue to hold the “Home” button until you see an exclamation mark (!)
4. Release the “Home” button and press the “Volume UP & Down” keys at the same time once (and only once!)
5. Power button to select and Volume up and down to scroll

Hope this helps.

mtbhk44

Reaction score
I had to SBF back to Froyo to get the updated radio. Rooted that, and went to stock GB (the two part install). From there I wiped data and cache and installed .8 - I was having massive force close issues with LP - so much so that I had to revert back to a previously saved backup. I will try again from .7 to .8 later but has anyone else had this experience? I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling LP, to no avail.

wyld

Reaction score

They changed how to get to stock recovery with GB.

Gingerbread Stock Recovery
1. Turn your phone off.
2. Hold down “Home” and press the “Power”. Hold them until the Motorola logo appears
3. Release the “Power” button, but continue to hold the “Home” button until you see an exclamation mark (!)
4. Release the “Home” button and press the “Volume UP & Down” keys at the same time once (and only once!)
5. Power button to select and Volume up and down to scroll

Hope this helps.

Ty didn't know they changed that!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Either did I. Then again I don't have an x, but it's good to know when helping someone

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8-Gingercomb Juiced

dazedy

Reaction score
Fixed my data connection. Not sure what I did but I did keep restarting and kept turning airplane mode on/off.

Puresilence

Reaction score
GPS not working since V0.8

My GPS has been working fine up until I upgraded to V0.8, I have activated all of the assists to see if it will help and no such luck. Anyone else having this problem or have a fix for it

oo3

Reaction score
My GPS has been working fine up until I upgraded to V0.8, I have activated all of the assists to see if it will help and no such luck. Anyone else having this problem or have a fix for it

Need more info. What apps are you using for GPS?

Puresilence

Reaction score
I'm just trying to use it with google maps. I'm pretty sure that is the only app I have with
Access to my gps