[Known Bugs]

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
List what version you are on for the devs

Hi my name is Domenic and im a DroidForums addict

Dullawolf

Reaction score
6/11 v0.7 the social networking widget doesn't work. Same facebook problem listed on initial post and my facebook contacts dont' sync with my phone.

I love the v0.7, but i reverted back to rooted GB because social netowrking doesn't work and facebook isn't syncing. once that is done i will reinstall Liberty

OP
J

Jubakuba

Reaction score
(6/11) v0.7 After adding the verizon backup assistant through your customizer app, I synced my contacts. Looking in the contacts on phone, they are not shown. Tried filters, rebooting, wiping cache/ dalvic cache/ data wipe/ reinstall of liberty 0.7

Odd thing is that I can manually dial a contact and it shows in the history with all that saved info. I just can't find a way to make it visible in the contacts app. I'd provide a log, but I really don't know what you would like me to try to make one that is useful.

Any ideas?
Verizon really does a poop job of backing up your contacts.
I'll add this to the list...but you should try either backing up through google or directly onto your SD card.

When someone has more then 2 numbers and the dialog pops up for me to choose the default number or pick the one to call the title of the number ( home, work ) is invisible.
But when selecting it I can see it.

I think this is a new bug that came with 0.7

Liberty GB 0.7
I'm not personally having that problem, try a fresh install...
Or better yet...wait for Liberty 0.8 which is dropping (potentially) tonight.

6/11 v0.7 the social networking widget doesn't work. Same facebook problem listed on initial post and my facebook contacts dont' sync with my phone.

I love the v0.7, but i reverted back to rooted GB because social netowrking doesn't work and facebook isn't syncing. once that is done i will reinstall Liberty
Facebook Syncs fine for me.
But, as stated...the facebook account breaks if you open LC more than once and change any account info.
Try a fresh install with a wipe.
As far as the Social Networking Widget...
Didn't show up for me either. Nor did the Status Widget ever load any info.

ryokox3

Reaction score
(6/11) v0.7 After adding the verizon backup assistant through your customizer app, I synced my contacts. Looking in the contacts on phone, they are not shown. Tried filters, rebooting, wiping cache/ dalvic cache/ data wipe/ reinstall of liberty 0.7

Odd thing is that I can manually dial a contact and it shows in the history with all that saved info. I just can't find a way to make it visible in the contacts app. I'd provide a log, but I really don't know what you would like me to try to make one that is useful.

Any ideas?
Verizon really does a poop job of backing up your contacts.
I'll add this to the list...but you should try either backing up through google or directly onto your SD card.

Thank you for adding it to the list. The contacts were on the phone but for some reason not visible without some effort. Anyway I wound up sbf back to stock and exporting the contacts to google like you suggested. Worked great and now I'm back on .7 with no issues.
Thanks again.

quentin-

Reaction score

Any ideas?

I'm having the exact same problem. Never had this problem before on any other rom, backup assistant has always worked for me.

Any ideas?

OP
J

Jubakuba

Reaction score
Updated OP.

I need some of your input on a couple of 'em.

I'll now start the hunt for reported bugs in 0.8 and see which ones I can replicate.

Edit:
Ok, a couple of bugs posted across the board and in the Official Bug Reports made the cut.
I'm done for the day. Shall continue to add dates from this point of future discovered bugs.

Last edited:

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
I mean, I'm glad you are composing an 'unbiased' list of bugs, but some of the things you list are not bugs or are the results of altering things that therefore cause the detrimental result.

☆Lockscreen sliders do not line up correctly with their circular end states in the default theme.

Intended, not a bug and won't be changed. I made those graphics how they are and that's my 'artistic' take on the lockscreen.

☆Changing window animation speed to "fast" in Settings>Liberty Settings>Spare Parts disables the CRT animation.

Spare parts is a developer utility. CRT animation is intended to work at the default, shipped speed. Thus, if you alter the animation, you are changing the conditions of your phone and the animation will break as a result. It's not made to support the speed hack and thus won't.

☆Disabling the bootanimation actually changes your bootanimation to green "android" text.

Again, how is this a bug? When you 'disable' the bootanimation, you are shutting off the .zip located in /data/local. What that leaves is the images within the framework that are intended to be a graphical indication that your phone is booting up and not frozen at a black screen. You can't bypass booting the device, so if you were expected a complete black screen, you should look into finding a 'black screen' bootanimation.

I just think listing these issues (not the lockscreen tho) as bugs is misinformation as they are side results of user actions that are outside the recommended settings.

If you need an analogy, we'll use a car and tire size. Your car's wheel wells are made to fit a certain size tire. If the car recommends 16' but user decides they think 20' will be better, is it 'bug' the manufacturer should fix when the tire is rubbing against the fender?

Anywho, keep up the good work with the catalog.

Last edited:
OP
J

Jubakuba

Reaction score
I mean, I'm glad you are composing an 'unbiased' list of bugs, but some of the things you list are not bugs or are the results of altering things that therefore cause the detrimental result.

☆Lockscreen sliders do not line up correctly with their circular end states in the default theme.

Intended, not a bug and won't be changed. I made those graphics how they are and that's my 'artistic' take on the lockscreen.

☆Changing window animation speed to "fast" in Settings>Liberty Settings>Spare Parts disables the CRT animation.

Spare parts is a developer utility. CRT animation is intended to work at the default, shipped speed. Thus, if you alter the animation, you are changing the conditions of your phone and the animation will break as a result. It's not made to support the speed hack and thus won't.

☆Disabling the bootanimation actually changes your bootanimation to green "android" text.

Again, how is this a bug? When you 'disable' the bootanimation, you are shutting off the .zip located in /data/local. What that leaves is the images within the framework that are intended to be a graphical indication that your phone is booting up and not frozen at a black screen. You can't bypass booting the device, so if you were expected a complete black screen, you should look into finding a 'black screen' bootanimation.

I just think listing these issues (not the lockscreen tho) as bugs is misinformation as they are side results of user actions that are outside the recommended settings.

If you need an analogy, we'll use a car and tire size. Your car's wheel wells are made to fit a certain size tire. If the car recommends 16' but user decides they think 20' will be better, is it 'bug' the manufacturer should fix when the tire is rubbing against the fender?

Anywho, keep up the good work with the catalog.

Appreciate the feedback...

Not to sound snarky about the lockscreen, and I can't find the post...but I remember you saying that it was hard to adjust the values for the png's in gingerbread. It simply seems like you're avoiding fixing it because it doesn't bother you personally.

With the CRT, is there any way it can be fixed or would that not be plausible?
It is a setting provided by the spare tools...which happen to be incorporated into the rom. And, by my reasoning, should work to it's fullest extent if it is indeed possible.

As far as the bootanimation is concerned, I had never messed with disabling it. Was unaware that there was a secondary animation of sorts. I'll remove that.

rearview

Reaction score
v0.8 I'm on GB.. I do a wipe via bootstrap.. clear cache.. flash 0.8.. loads up fine but I lose 3G.. Wifi works fine.. any help on this?

OP
J

Jubakuba

Reaction score
I noticed another couple posts about the same problem. And I seem to remember that problem being brought up in 0.7.

Try re-flashing.
And if that doesn't work...
SBF.

I have a feeling we'll be on 0.8 for a while anyway...might as well spend an hour to fix it.

SUPER OCD Process:
Backup applications with Titanium Backup.
You may want to do a nandroid (clockwork) backup as well.
Make sure the nightly is on your SD card.
Put z4root on your SD card.
Download: Official DROIDX Gingerbread 4.5.596 for Rooted Users - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
Download the 2-part gingerbread files and put them on your SD
Put this http://bit.ly/lgbootstrap on your SD card.
SBF (I used this for the hell of it today... Creating a bootable linux CD soley to SBF *headache free* - Android Forums and it worked nicely. Cool! RSD works fine for me, but if it doesn't for you...try that.)

Install and run z4root.
Install LGbootstrap.
http://www.droid-life.com/2011/05/28/download-official-droidx-gingerbread-4-5-596-for-rooted-users/

Bootstrap into recovery.
Do another factory reset.
Wipe Dalvik.
Flash Part1.
DON'T exit bootstrap or do anything else.
Flash Part2.
Reboot, to make sure you boot up.

Bootstrap recovery again.
Another factory reset / dalvik wipe.
Flash liberty 0.8
Reboot.
Open titanium backup and restore you applications.

It sounds like a lot...but if you're by the computer...it'll take 45 minutes. And you'll be glad you did.

Last edited:

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Quick question Koveleski. About the boot animation. I've never messed with disabling it, but you said the phone needs to boot up regardless. I agree, but why in the toolbox does it say : disable boot animation (faster boot)? Is it faster or does it still have to boot regardless? This is not criticism, just a curious question! Thanks.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.8-Gingercomb Juiced

Last edited:

x450

Reaction score
v0.8 I'm on GB.. I do a wipe via bootstrap.. clear cache.. flash 0.8.. loads up fine but I lose 3G.. Wifi works fine.. any help on this?

I also have this problem right now but I came from Liberty 1.5 to rooted gingerbread and then flashed to this. I am in the process now of flashing V0.8 without any wiping of data and I'll see if that does the trick. If it doesn't work I guess I'll sbf back to .340 again and do it all over?

Thanks though Jubakuba, youre the only one who has responded to this problem so far!:clap:

Koveleski

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.kovdev.com
Quick question Koveleski. About the boot animation. I've never messed with disabling it, but you said the phone needs to boot up regardless. I agree, but why in the toolbox does it say : disable boot animation (faster boot)? Is it faster or does it still have to boot regardless? This is not criticism, just a curious question! Thanks.

It's faster in the sense that it doesn't have to load the graphic, but that's it (and if that actually makes the system boot faster is a debatable). I suppose the text that jrummy chose to use in the toolbox is slightly misleading. I mean, you could say 'disable graphical boot animation' but that'd be inaccurate since the system boot anim is still that android graphic.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Thanks i figured as much. I use a honeycomb animation and like it so it's all good.

x450

Reaction score
Well Jubakuba, did all that you suggested and I believe my 3G is back in working order..Thanks!dancedroid