Liquid Gingerbread v2.3 Release

briansis

Reaction score
I love this rom on my wifes droid and it is great on my droid x but the speaker volume level is horrible, on high you can barely hear anything, anyone else have this problem? I sbf'd rooted installed bootstrap and then LGB, thats it. Going back to Zobie because of this issue, too bad I love this ROM.

update: Speaker was a hardware issue I blew it out with a little air and its fine now.
after 1 day of use though my phone goes in and out of 3g, which isn't good.

Last edited:

DroidX316

Reaction score
I love this rom on my wifes droid and it is great on my droid x but the speaker volume level is horrible, on high you can barely hear anything, anyone else have this problem? I sbf'd rooted installed bootstrap and then LGB, thats it. Going back to Zobie because of this issue, too bad I love this ROM.

use the dsp manager to fix that

Sent from my Droid X using Tapatalk

Tallen1331

Reaction score
omfg liquid on droid x.... this just made my week lol.

by far my favorite rom for months on my OG droid, i cannot wait to see what he can do with the X. flashing now with no intention on flashing anything else for quite a while.

Thanks for working on the x liquid!

Jaeger

Reaction score
can this be installed straight from the rooted 2 part .596 GB using ROM manager?

I downloaded the ROM on ROM Manager and it is asking to do a preinstall wipe. I've never actually used ROM Manager for flashing a ROM before.

larrydp

Reaction score
can this be installed straight from the rooted 2 part .596 GB using ROM manager?

I downloaded the ROM on ROM Manager and it is asking to do a preinstall wipe. I've never actually used ROM Manager for flashing a ROM before.

I tried installing this on .596 (Liberty .9) and it boot looped my phone. You'll want to sbf back to Froyo and install it for best results.

larrydp

Reaction score
I kind of figured as much. Thanks.
No problem, for what it's worth you probably won't want to flash any other roms after this.

The only thing I miss is the ability to pick and choose the blur apps like in Liberty.

I don't even notice the lack of OC, it's just a great rom. I'm excited to see what the next generation of ROMs will bring.

ktech11

Reaction score
I am thinking of putting on my wife's dx and am running liberty 2.01 froyo, do I need to sbf? It is still the froyo kernel, so it should be fine right?

Also, do I need to install the cm7 gapps?

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I am thinking of putting on my wife's dx and am running liberty 2.01 froyo, do I need to sbf? It is still the froyo kernel, so it should be fine right?

That is correct you can flash it right over liberty 2.0.1, in fact thats exactly what I did for the D2 version. And no you do not need cm7 gapps. All the google apps are included in the rom except for the ones you can download from the market.

ktech11

Reaction score
Sweet, thanks for the rapid reply. Last question, the thunderbolt Rom I tried was missing car home, does this have it? I am getting her the car dock so it would be needed

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
No problem. And yes it does have carhome. I haven't used it ever to comment on it, but it is included.

Sent from my Droid 2 using Tapatalk

ktech11

Reaction score
Sweet! Thanks again!

larrydp

Reaction score

Right just make a nandbackup wipe the data and install lgb. I didn't install gapps when I did my install and other than user error I have had minimal issues. If you do a titanium backup just be sure to only restore apps not system data.