Liquid Gingerbread v2.4 Release

ooklathemok

Reaction score
Amazing ROM is Amazing

As I read the forums, it seems like every ROM has it's own quirks where a function in stock is lost. And yet, in Liquid everything functions. An excellent ROM, I am quite pleased.

I assume that the 480p camera is a limitation related to cm7 and when that is resolved for that ROM the change will come to Liquid? Is there another camera option that would get us back to 720p? The camera option in Liquid Settings>Goodies? Or a camera from the market?

EDIT: I should add that I am assuming it is 480p from reading the forum. Like an idiot, I opened my mouth before actually using it yet. I have been too busy playing with other Liquid options.

Last edited:

larrydp

Reaction score
There are a good number of differences between this and cm7 i have been working on it since before the new year. I develop for the droid 2 and droid X and don't own either of them. If anyone can donate a droid 2 or X to me for dev purposes i can do more for the device until then i am blindfolded
If this is you blindfolded then I can't wait to see what you can do when you can see. Really good stuff bro.

jonlutz217

Reaction score
any chance this will be updated to 2.3.5 like cm7? and better yet does that mean theres a better chance of increasing batteyr life??

dstripedape

Reaction score
I have problems connecting to my computer with usb. When I turn on mass storage it will no finish

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
any chance this will be updated to 2.3.5 like cm7? and better yet does that mean theres a better chance of increasing batteyr life??

I am sure it will. Liquid is usually right on top of these things. Its not in nighlties yet that I know of but I am pretty sure CM has already merged it so it should be soon I would guess.

EDIT: I lied. It is in nightlies from what I just read in the CMX forum. So I would bet next release will be 2.3.5.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I have problems connecting to my computer with usb. When I turn on mass storage it will no finish

I haven't had any issues mounting but sometimes I do have to unplug and plug it back in to get the option to show in the notification bar. Are you getting the option or not??

dstripedape

Reaction score
Originally yes but now I don't get the android mass storage screen anymore. I've reflashed and changed mount in clockwork. Any other ideas? I'm gonna get into it deep on my day off lok

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
The only other quick fix I can think of is maybe try rebooting the phone with it plugged into the computer. That used to be a helpful trick on the D1 in the early days of it getting GB. Aside from that nothing I can think of off hand, sorry.

dstripedape

Reaction score
That sends me to bootloader. I'm fiddle round for awhile before I pull out the big gun n do a full wipe

PRETILL

Reaction score
Hello, I'm on justice rom and looking to go with liquid can anyone give me the correct steps to take?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
That sends me to bootloader. I'm fiddle round for awhile before I pull out the big gun n do a full wipe

Wow sorry I gave you bad advice. I have definitely never encountered an issue like that, especially it booting you into bootloader like that, so I would say a wipe and reinstall is in order. But if you figure it out ahead of time let us know what you did.

Hello, I'm on justice rom and looking to go with liquid can anyone give me the correct steps to take?

All you should have to do is the normal wipe data/factory reset and then install the rom zip file. After its done wipe your caches and you should be good to go. SBFing should not be necessary but I would be ready to do so just in case.

ooklathemok

Reaction score
Anyone running the V6 Supercharger script on this ROM?

Liquid made my phone a delight to use, so fast. The script add-on makes it scream, but when I reboot the changes don't stick.

BOA

Reaction score
So far I like this ROM. The battery life is so much better than CM. I've had it less than 24 hours so I'll report back but I noticed the battery life right away. With CM I could just turn the phone on and I lost battery. lol

BOA

Reaction score
Update; After 8.5 hours of usage my battery is at 60%. The same usage on CM I would have charged it 2-3 times by now. By noon today I had 76% left and I had used it for 5 hours. I had made 4 decent phone calls, checked mail (the usual), looked at some tweets (usual) and played with settings etc. The same usage yesterday on CM my battery was at 60% after 3 hours or so. These numbers are not exactly 100% but close to just give you an idea. I haven't charged my battery yet today after 8.5 hours and I'm not scared to keep it like that to test.

ooklathemok

Reaction score
Bootloop after Goodies

I tried to install a different launcher using the Goodies > Switch > Launchers section of the Liquid ROM setting and got stuck in bootloop.

Of course I was stuck with the stock recovery, so I wiped cache, reboot, with no luck. Then, I did a factory reset. That reboot got me back to Liquid.

Probably off topic question but where the hell is the wallpaper stored? Let me elaborate. I did a factory reset and wiped the cache. When my phone came back, I had to 'touch here to start' and enter my Gmail account. Yet, the wallpaper I had before all of this was my background and not the stock system wallpaper for Liquid. Wouldn't that have gotten trashed with the factory reset and cache wipe?