Liquid Gingerbread v2.5 Release

randyb69

Reaction score
I applied a theme too from theme chooser and after reboot everything was back to stock including status bar

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

Haldanite

Reaction score
I installed the ROM and my wifi shows to be connected and even get's an IP address but for some reason it doesn't connect to the internet. I've tested and my wireless is working fine on my laptop but the phone browser won't connect and I can't get it to set my google account either. Not sure if I missed a step or something since I was on Liberty V.9 ROM.

1. SBF'd to 2.3.20
2. Rooted
3. Installed D2 Boot Strapper
4. Booted into clockwork recovery
5. Wiped all data I could find except battery data
6. Installed the Zip
7. ROM was loaded but wifi just won't work. Even tried setting static IP but still won't connect to internet.

jriv21

Reaction score
lol, i JUST installed 2.4 this morning cause I heard good things about Liquid. oh well, i like it a lot so far so I'll definitely be flashing.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
My wifi wasn't working last night. Haven't been in a wifi zone since I'm at work, but last night no dice. Also can't get cm7 themes to stick on reboot either.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

larrydp

Reaction score
Sorry for the delay. I was flashing and getting set up. With how extensive the change log is, I would recommend doing a full data wipe as well.

For some reason my wifi wont work. Any ideas?
My wifi has not worked since flashing and I lost my
My wifi has not worked since flashing and I lost my 3g after a reboot. I flashed a copy of the radio and got 3g working again. When I try to turn on wifi in the settings, it just says error

Where did you get the copy of the radio to reflash? I'm having the same wifi issue.

Thanks

barski

Reaction score
This may seem like a bit of a noobish question. But this is a froyo (.340) based ROM, correct?

Been flashing so many different ROM's i have a hard time keeping them straight. :D

larrydp

Reaction score
This may seem like a bit of a noobish question. But this is a froyo (.340) based ROM, correct?

Been flashing so many different ROM's i have a hard time keeping them straight. :D

Correct, this is Froyo based

billyfj

Reaction score
For some reason my wifi wont work. Any ideas?
My wifi has not worked since flashing and I lost my
My wifi has not worked since flashing and I lost my 3g after a reboot. I flashed a copy of the radio and got 3g working again. When I try to turn on wifi in the settings, it just says error

Where did you get the copy of the radio to reflash? I'm having the same wifi issue.

Thanks
I cant remember if I got it here or Droid X ROOTZ WIKI site. It was in a CM7 forum. It did nox fix wifi and I have gone back to 2.4

randyb69

Reaction score
I have found 3 major bugs on this release. No wifi, certain CM7 themes wont stick upon reboot and screen brightness resets back to auto setting after screen has been turned off and back on (put to sleep)...

jonlutz217

Reaction score
damn, changelog looked so good on top of how amazing the rom already was. i was about to say screw it with the bad battery life and hop back to liquid. but these issues are too much, im kinda surprised liquid hasnt stepped in and said anything yet? hopefully an update drops soon! keep going liquid!! love your work

wotdefcuk

Reaction score
Hi,

Great roms. Have been using Liquid roms since 1.0. Super fast and minimum bugs. I have a question though. For some of the last versions of the rom my google voice has stopped updating messages. I use it as the primary messaging app on my OG Droid. I used to get notifications asap but now I have to open the app and then refresh to get the latest message. Has anyone else seen this?

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score

...unless you're referring to something else...liquid 2.5 is a gingerbread based rom (froyo builds are 2.2.x, gingerbread is anything 2.3.x based)...and the rom is called liquid "gingerbread" too...did I miss something?

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

...unless you're referring to something else...liquid 2.5 is a gingerbread based rom (froyo builds are 2.2.x, gingerbread is anything 2.3.x based)...and the rom is called liquid "gingerbread" too...did I miss something?

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

You definitely missed something.

The ROM is technically Gingerbread (2.3.5), but it boots off the Froyo kernel which is 2.2.1. All 2nd init ROMs do. So while its the latest version of GB, it actually runs off Froyo and you must be on Froyo to flash it.

CM74DX