Liquid Gingerbread v2.4 Release

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I didnt have whatever the system wallpaper was when I loaded the ROM since I had my custom one instead, so I am not sure what the default one was. But if you are running the launcher pro that came stock with LGB just longpress on your screen to change your wallpaper, select Wallpaper Gallery and there are 2 of the more common ones he uses in there.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

BOA

Reaction score
I tried to install a different launcher using the Goodies > Switch > Launchers section of the Liquid ROM setting and got stuck in bootloop.

Of course I was stuck with the stock recovery, so I wiped cache, reboot, with no luck. Then, I did a factory reset. That reboot got me back to Liquid.

Probably off topic question but where the hell is the wallpaper stored? Let me elaborate. I did a factory reset and wiped the cache. When my phone came back, I had to 'touch here to start' and enter my Gmail account. Yet, the wallpaper I had before all of this was my background and not the stock system wallpaper for Liquid. Wouldn't that have gotten trashed with the factory reset and cache wipe?

Its stored in google. You told it to save your configuratiins during setup.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Its stored in google. You told it to save your configuratiins during setup.

Yes listen to BOA. I read your post that you were trying to find the liquid wallpaper because you wanted it back, whoops. BOA is right it gets stored with your settings and restored via Google Transport which is also resposible for restoring your contacts and other information.

torino216

Reaction score
Battery life with this is 100 times better yhan2.3

ooklathemok

Reaction score
wallpaper

Thanks guys. Having the wallpaper stored in Google makes sense. I was having a strange issue when I used the lense lockscreen where I could se the am/pm of the normal lockscreen clock in the background. It only started happening after I installed, and then removed, Widgetlocker. So when I did the factory reset, and wiped the cache I was surprised to see that the am/pm thing was still there. I thought there might be something not getting wiped with the launcher or homescreen when I saw the same wallpaper and this little glitch.

I am on a nandroid backup now. No more weird am/pm leftovers. :)

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
what is the differance between the main download and the mirror? How do I flash this ROM?

The main download and mirror are for the same file. Just a secondary download source in case the primary is bogged down by downloads at first. And as far as flashing the rom it looks like from your sig you are on CM. If this is the case then just boot into recovery, do a factory reset, data wipe, and wipe both caches, then install the zip and you should be good to go. SBFing should not be necessary.

Top_Droid

Reaction score
what is the differance between the main download and the mirror? How do I flash this ROM?

The main download and mirror are for the same file. Just a secondary download source in case the primary is bogged down by downloads at first. And as far as flashing the rom it looks like from your sig you are on CM. If this is the case then just boot into recovery, do a factory reset, data wipe, and wipe both caches, then install the zip and you should be good to go. SBFing should not be necessary.

Okay, thats what I thought as far as flashing it, just wanted to make sure. and thanks for the info

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
No problem!!

DDangerousDroidx

Reaction score
What is CM7 and Dev..... I would Like to flash this but i am on 2.3.496 or something like that.... Basically stock GB

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
What is CM7 and Dev..... I would Like to flash this but i am on 2.3.496 or something like that.... Basically stock GB

If you want to try out liquid first off I would recommend trying out the newest version 2.5 which was just released tonight, this is the thread for 2.4. And you will need to SBF back to froyo to be able to install it.

Top_Droid

Reaction score
Where do you get the updates? And how do you install them?

This is the best ROM I've ran so far love it

Sent from my DX running LGB on DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
The newest LGX is posted in the droid X rom forum (this one), it was just released tonight. And as far as installing it, just install it the same way you flashed 2.4. With a full data wipe and the caches.

malloneem

Reaction score
Been running 2.4 for a few days on a DX, My WIFI will not start just says WIFI Err. Is there a fix for this or should I load an ugraded rom?