Liquid Gingerbread v2.5 Release

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
This may seem like a bit of a noobish question. But this is a froyo (.340) based ROM, correct?

Been flashing so many different ROM's i have a hard time keeping them straight. :D

Correct, this is Froyo based

...unless you're referring to something else...liquid 2.5 is a gingerbread based rom (froyo builds are 2.2.x, gingerbread is anything 2.3.x based)...and the rom is called liquid "gingerbread" too...did I miss something?

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

Metalspring. I think you are using a droid 1 correct? LGB is 2.3.X GB for all devices. However, those of us who have a DX/D2 use a different process due to the locked bootloader we have. Still have some GB goodness just dont change from the foryo kernel.

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
Wow, my bad...this thread has the exact same name as the D1 roms thread, same version and everything lol...I'm on the forums app and it was hard to tell...LOL

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Hi,

Great roms. Have been using Liquid roms since 1.0. Super fast and minimum bugs. I have a question though. For some of the last versions of the rom my google voice has stopped updating messages. I use it as the primary messaging app on my OG Droid. I used to get notifications asap but now I have to open the app and then refresh to get the latest message. Has anyone else seen this?

Did you try locking google voice into memory? GB has a way of killing background apps. Not normally a huge deal on the DX with our available memory but on the D1 was a huge pain. Lock it in via liquid settings > general > lock activities and then reboot. See if that helps.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Wow, my bad...this thread has the exact same name as the D1 roms thread, same version and everything lol...I'm on the forums app and it was hard to tell...LOL

Well dont let it happen again lol ;)

Its very easy to do that when surfing via the app. Especially when cruising the most recent area.

ooklathemok

Reaction score
I've been using this ROM for half the month, but I am sure some of you have been on and off Liquid for quite some time. I just wanted to remind folks that liquid0624 said he doesn't even have a Droid X to test on, so hit the donate button.

If the Liquid team can make a killer ROM like this without a phone, imagine what they could do with a phone! I am sure the WIFI issue would be a non issue if we all chip in.

duvious

Reaction score
Liquid GB 2.5 Locked at M logo.

So I missed the part about being on Froyo to install this ROM. I was on GB 2.3.3 and all I get is the Red Motorola logo flashing.

So once I get that straightened out I need to go to .340 and flash LGB 2.5 then?

Also, anyway to get this working without SFBing?

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
So I missed the part about being on Froyo to install this ROM. I was on GB 2.3.3 and all I get is the Red Motorola logo flashing.

So once I get that straightened out I need to go to .340 and flash LGB 2.5 then?

You have to sbf to stock to run Liquid. No way around it.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

duvious

Reaction score

You have to sbf to stock to run Liquid. No way around it.

Cool, Thanks.

So I root Froyo then CWM and install 2.5? Did the Wifi get fixed with this release?

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
Not sure about wifi. I'm on a D2 running a different rom (MIUI).

ooklathemok

Reaction score
Just a heads up, someone on another forum pm'ed the liquid team and there is no WIFI fix at the moment(Original post). I guess I should have donated a Droid X to the Liquid team instead of money. It must be pretty hard to test WIFI without a phone.

duvious

Reaction score
Liquid GB v2.5

Loving this ROM. It does give me flashbacks of my OG Droid, (May she rest in peace.) Would still be using her today if not for the phone in the pocket of my swimming trunks at the pool trick. She did not appreciate that.

My hats off to the Liquid Team. Looking forward to the Wifi. Still can't believe these cats built this ROM without a phone. Mozart wrote music without a piano, that is pure genious.

duvious

ColtPale

Reaction score
Airplane mode won't turn off

I can't seem to get the airplane mode to stay off. I uncheck it in the network settings, and it's checked as soon as I change back from a different screen.