Liquid Gingerbread v2.3 Release

larrydp

Reaction score
We have success! Stolen and modified from the Droid 2 forum

You can get Android OC working again by just editing the \system\build.prop.

Take this line:
ro.product.model=Droid X

And switch it to:
ro.product.model=DROIDX

Reboot, then install Droid X overclock and you're good to go.

Thank you for all of your help!

kayechz

Reaction score
I had this issue last week on Apex. Have you tried make a copy of everything of your SD card on the computer. Then, format the card. That solved all my issues.

Sent from my Droid X using DroidForums

kayechz

Reaction score
You may have a corrupted file somewhere on the card causing the misread.

DroidX316

Reaction score
Not getting good battery life here darn it.I have let it die completly dead 2 days in a row and use the battery calibration and wipe battery stats and still get %30 after 8-9 hours and thats on a extended battery.Just recharged it tonight and see it go down %6 in like 20 minutes.

jp1m16

Reaction score
Am I missing something here. Why isn't there a folder for this rom as like the others??

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Am I missing something here. Why isn't there a folder for this rom as like the others??

It is the first official release by liquid for the X. I am sure with continued development it is possible he will get his own section at some point :)

ooklathemok

Reaction score
Liquid is great

This is my first ROM, and my first post. I have to say that I am pretty impressed.

I want to say my battery is not lasting as long, but that is most likely due to me playing with the phone all day. It is really slick.

Some quick questions:

1) I am excited to try some themes. Any pitfalls I should watch for? Are themes specific to certain ROMs, for instance?

2) Moving forward will I need to SBF back to Froyo if I wanted to try another ROM? I read bootstrapper is no longer working in GB (Though a commenter said to turn of USB debugging and it will work?). And I have read ROM Manager isn't that stable on Droid X.

Thanks for any advice and thanks to the crew for this great ROM.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
This is my first ROM, and my first post. I have to say that I am pretty impressed.

I want to say my battery is not lasting as long, but that is most likely due to me playing with the phone all day. It is really slick.

Some quick questions:

1) I am excited to try some themes. Any pitfalls I should watch for? Are themes specific to certain ROMs, for instance?

2) Moving forward will I need to SBF back to Froyo if I wanted to try another ROM? I read bootstrapper is no longer working in GB (Though a commenter said to turn of USB debugging and it will work?). And I have read ROM Manager isn't that stable on Droid X.

Thanks for any advice and thanks to the crew for this great ROM.

Welcome to romming and posting!!

To try and answer your questions as best I can :

1) Any hdpi themes for the cm7 theme changer should work fine. Some of them have not yet been updated to include images for all 100 battery percents so using the mini battery option in status bar tweaks may be necessary to get a uniform look. And if you don't like the theme just switch back the system theme in the theme changer.

2) From this or the other cm7 based roms you should not need to sbf to try something different, however, depending on the rom the install instructions may vary slightly. And it's not that bootstrapper won't work on gb roms its just that it does not work on cm7 or roms such as this that are built off of cm7. As far as turning off debugging and it working I can't comment on that as I haven't tried it. You don't need rom manager to boot into recovery. Just hold down the power button and there will be an option there to.

I think I hit everything or tried to anyway. If not let me know.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

jonlutz217

Reaction score
damn near perfect rom

liquid idk if you check up on this but I would like to know where to go to follow your development and any updates, and also I just want to point out the few flaws.
- i love using gestures on my lockscreen, so much that i even get rid of my slider. however when i check this option in the liquid settings it fails to get rid of the slider, even after a reboot.
- i know this is not your fault because its been this way on every build of cm4dx, but if you could please improve the battery life somehow that'd be amazing! so far its been phone idle and android os killing my battery. (actually if someone can walk me through the built in overclocking for what gets me the best battery that'd be great)
- last, i can't play my old videos. once again i know this is not on you however it'd be great if you could somehow figure this one out too!

Other than that i haven't found a single problem with this rom! i absolutely love it and i don't think I will ever flash anything other than liquid. i will be donating tomorrow! thanks liquid

mcp770

Reaction score
Best DX rom available. Thanks so much for your work liquid. You officially made waiting till my contract is up next year a barable process. Couldn't be happier with the Droid X at this point.

clouse2013

Reaction score
Just flashed today and must say im a big fan. I tried Chevy and Justice (also built off of CM) and just wasnt as big of a fan. keep up the good work!

ooklathemok

Reaction score
Prl

Noob question with my first ROM, can I do a *228 PRL update or will that cause problems?

Liquid is pretty new on the Droid X so I am not finding much info from Google. I see that some users of CM7 can do *228 and others report problems.

Has anyone tried it?