Liquid Gingerbread v2.3 Release

fishhelmet

Reaction score
jrummy's Android overclock seems to be able to install cpu governors so that's one option if you need more. Unfortunately, it can't overclock anything on this rom. Has anyone found any reliable means of overclocking this?

I know I read that if you use an overclock app called quickclock or something like that it prompts you to install some sort of mod thus allowing reliable overclock. I cannot confirm this and from where I read it its a paid app.

I actually have quick clock and while it does install and read the voltages and clock settings correctly when I tried to actually adjust the settings I got an error.

ehedgecock

Reaction score
Currently running this and its miles faster than CM7, although the only two bugs that aggrivated the crap out of me on CM7 was poor battery life and the loss of 3G under certain situations are still present here so it seems its another SBF back to stock and back to something else. Hope those get ironed out cause any CM based rom is by far the best to run.

For what its worth, battery issue is the main deal breaker for me anyhow. I was at 62% and sent and received about 30 texts combined over the course of 20 minutes and was down to 47%. This was not constant and the screen would be off until the next text. CM7 was same way. Under moderate use, I could burn the battery up from 100% to 15% in about 5 hours, where as stock blur based roms would last me upwards of 17 hours. It almost as every minute or two my battery drops a tick while in use.
Sent from my Droid 2 using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Currently running this and its miles faster than CM7, although the only two bugs that aggrivated the crap out of me on CM7 was poor battery life and the loss of 3G under certain situations are still present here so it seems its another SBF back to stock and back to something else. Hope those get ironed out cause any CM based rom is by far the best to run.

For what its worth, battery issue is the main deal breaker for me anyhow. I was at 62% and sent and received about 30 texts combined over the course of 20 minutes and was down to 47%. This was not constant and the screen would be off until the next text. CM7 was same way. Under moderate use, I could burn the battery up from 100% to 15% in about 5 hours, where as stock blur based roms would last me upwards of 17 hours. It almost as every minute or two my battery drops a tick while in use.

You shouldnt have to sbf back to stock. Youre already on the froyo/stock kernel. Unless you were going to run stock blur.

tb110895

Reaction score
My ALT Lock does not work...

Known issue. It most likely never will and that's the price to pay for a stock 2.3.4 AOSP rom. It may get fixed but the CM dev team hasn't marked it as a priority (This is based off of CM). You can however double tap alt to get the same effect

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

MindArchr

Reaction score
My ALT Lock does not work...

Known issue. It most likely never will and that's the price to pay for a stock 2.3.4 AOSP rom. It may get fixed but the CM dev team hasn't marked it as a priority (This is based off of CM). You can however double tap alt to get the same effect

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

thank you for the tip-appreciate it

ahC_hED

Reaction score
This rom is awesome with the extra tweaks, but I can't get jrummys android overclock app to load the oc kernal modules to overclock/undervolt.

I've uninstalled and reinstalled app multiple times and its a fresh rom install. Ran fine on cm7.

Anyone have any luck with getting oc on this rom.

ahC_hED

Reaction score
Nm, got jrummy's oc app working by copying the contents from /system/lib/modules on a cm nightly build to the lgb rom then fix permissions in rom manager.

Hope this helps someone else.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

Thisguy89

Reaction score
You can get Android OC working again by just editing the build.prop.

Take this line:
ro.product.model=Droid 2

And switch it to:
ro.product.model=DROID2

Reboot, and you're good to go.

ahC_hED

Reaction score
Ha, that's what did it then...I changed some build.prop lines and got busy at work and I thought I had rebooted, but I guess not. Thanks for clearing that up.

Jonno65

Reaction score
So I lost my fbook and battery widgets... any help?

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Thisguy89

Reaction score
So I lost my fbook and battery widgets... any help?

The apps probably got moved to your sdcard.
Move them back to your phone and you should be good.

Jonno65

Reaction score
Fixed... moved them back to phone... thanx