Liquid Gingerbread v2.5 Release

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I can't seem to get the airplane mode to stay off. I uncheck it in the network settings, and it's checked as soon as I change back from a different screen.

Did you try uncheking it and then rebooting? Or just rebooting?

ColtPale

Reaction score
I can't seem to get the airplane mode to stay off. I uncheck it in the network settings, and it's checked as soon as I change back from a different screen.

Did you try uncheking it and then rebooting? Or just rebooting?

No such luck, The widget tells me it is off and so does the power options menu, but it's still checked in the network settings. When I uncheck it "enabling wireless connections..." appears, but nothing else happens.

mtbhk44

Reaction score
I was running 2.4 which was awesome until yesterday. All of a sudden my data and wifi connections got wonky, all day long - nandroided back to CM and have not had the problem since. Too bad, really liked Liquid but, uh, I sorta need my data connection...I mean, it IS a phone!!!

ooklathemok

Reaction score
I was running 2.4 which was awesome until yesterday. All of a sudden my data and wifi connections got wonky, all day long - nandroided back to CM and have not had the problem since. Too bad, really liked Liquid but, uh, I sorta need my data connection...I mean, it IS a phone!!!

The same thing happened to me last week. WIFI was misbehaving on Liquid 2.4. Though to be fair, I assumed it was the 3G tweak from user zeppelinrox. I am currently running on Liquid 2.3 thanks to a backup.

Chris42060

Reaction score
I had similar WiFi and 3G problems. To complicate mine I could not get into recovery, and ROM Manager didn't backup on on Titanium for some reason. Thank goodness for Koush's website. I think the ROM looks great , has some speed and I will definitely try it again when the data issues get fixed.

umx

Reaction score
Any word on a wifi fix, mine right now say error when trying to turn it on .

natedogg11

Reaction score
There are a bunch of us waiting, but you might have to wait for version 2.6 since the ROM is being made without a Droid X handy. Kinda makes it tough to make tweaks....but here's to hoping someone finds a way.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
So far things are looking good. Wifi is currently fixed and no data issues on the newest build. Liquid is a machine so I am confident he will have an update before we know it.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

larrydp

Reaction score
So far things are looking good. Wifi is currently fixed and no data issues on the newest build. Liquid is a machine so I am confident he will have an update before we know it.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk
Agreed he's put out what 4 revisions in a month? Everyone keep your eye out for Droid X's on ebay for him. I've been bidding but keep getting sniped last minute :-(

FroMagnus

Reaction score
Anyone coming from 2.4 had a chance to test out battery life? I'm on 2.4 and man this thing sucks battery like no tomorrow. Even running downclocked to 300 more than 90% of time it still is about 40% after 9 hours with verry light usage.

Love the ROM despite bad battery. Keep up the good work liquid!

reznorfan0

Reaction score
how do I boot into recovery with this New update?

Select the power prompt in liquid settings

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

Or hold down the or hold down the power button, select reboot, then recovery.

In 2.5 both of these options are gone on my x. All other options WERE there on 2.4 and previous, but now that I want to go to 2.6, I don't know how to get into recovery.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Select the power prompt in liquid settings

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

Or hold down the or hold down the power button, select reboot, then recovery.

In 2.5 both of these options are gone on my x. All other options WERE there on 2.4 and previous, but now that I want to go to 2.6, I don't know how to get into recovery.

Go into Liquid Settings > Interface and while in there make sure the box next to power prompt is checked. Once it is you should be able to hold down the power button and select reboot, then recovery and it will boot you into recovery.

billyfj

Reaction score
I am still having a wifi issue. My issue is not like the one in 2.5 Mine has pretty much started with all of the roms that are all AOSP or built off of CM7. It will quit connecting after a few reboots or when I first come home and turn on my wifi. I will have to power down my wifi router and back up and it will connect. I dont connect to many other wifi units, but my wifi at work will work great when I first connect then after about 10 minutes it will slow to a crawl. None of this ever happened before Gingerbread