Liquid Gingerbread v2.4 Release

larrydp

Reaction score
can anyone let me know if the battery is better on 2.4? i was on 2.3 and it is definitely my favorite rom! literally the only issue i had was terrible battery life. No matter what calibrating, underclocking, everything and nothing helped my batt life. I was losing at least 10% per hour even without touching the phone. has anyone had success with imoseyen tweaks?

Anyways i flashed the new miui rom and so far the battery life has almost been twice as good!!! I do like this rom a lot, but i still prefer liquid much more. I just need more than 10 hours of battery life, especially when im hardly using my phone

I flashed this last night. Haven't really calibrated my battery or done anything special but I am currently at 9hrs and 55mins with 55% to go. I was at work but I did spend a good amount of time messing with the phone and am at 56% display usage. Not sure if its better though for sure because I ran 2.3 on my d2 not the dx.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

I'm charging my up extended battery and then will recalibrate and test out the battery life on 2.4. Yesterday I tested 2.3 and got almost 20 hours on a charge.

billyfj

Reaction score
This really seems to be a sweet rom so far. I know this is based off of CM7 and the Dev's do a great job with CM7, but Liquid takes it even further. It has so many more tweaks and customizations. I just have to run it longer and see how the battery life is. Right now I would recommend this rom to anyone. Easy install coming from CM7, just did a data, cache and Dalvik wipe then flashed.

dancedroid

larrydp

Reaction score
One minor thing I've noticed instead of the USB connected and certain GPS notifications it shows battery icons instead of the same icons they showed on?

Here are some examples:

If anyone knows a way to change this I'd appreciate it greatly

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
One minor thing I've noticed instead of the USB connected and certain GPS notifications it shows battery icons instead of the same icons they showed on?

Here are some examples:

Did you try out the status bar switch in goodies? I ask because I experience this on one of the test builds I ran after using the switch. It seemed to be random as to when it would happen and which icons got jumbled, at least for me anyway. I had to reflash the rom without wiping to get it all back to normal again.

larrydp

Reaction score

Here are some examples:

Did you try out the status bar switch in goodies? I ask because I experience this on one of the test builds I ran after using the switch. It seemed to be random as to when it would happen and which icons got jumbled, at least for me anyway. I had to reflash the rom without wiping to get it all back to normal again.

I did use the custom status bar but I believe it was doing it on the standard as well. I'll try reflashing and see if that clears it up.

**Edit**

You rock!!! Thanks! I was very very close to going back to 2.3 just because that was bothering me so much. Now if you have any suggestions on how to remove the 2 usb connection notifications when I hook my phone up to my computer I'll name my first born after you haha

Last edited:

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I did use the custom status bar but I believe it was doing it on the standard as well. I'll try reflashing and see if that clears it up.

**Edit**

You rock!!! Thanks! I was very very close to going back to 2.3 just because that was bothering me so much. Now if you have any suggestions on how to remove the 2 usb connection notifications when I hook my phone up to my computer I'll name my first born after you haha

HAHAHA I would be honored, but I dont have any suggestions unfortunately. The reason it happens is because of the Moto USB apk, you know the one that allows you to select mount, charge only, and the other 2 that are escaping me, plus it also has the other one that just allows you to mount and unmount like CM7 normally has. I wasnt following it closely at the time but I believe this was due to a bug with not being able to mount/unmount. I wish I had more for you, sorry :frown:

superblah

Reaction score
I'm having music player problems. When unlocking the phone and navigating certain apps the song skips. Sometimes just for a second sometimes for a considerably longer time. I have plenty of free memory so I'm not sure what the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

torino216

Reaction score
I keep getting forced closes on the themed status bar when I try to install it. Anyone else seeing this?

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I'm having music player problems. When unlocking the phone and navigating certain apps the song skips. Sometimes just for a second sometimes for a considerably longer time. I have plenty of free memory so I'm not sure what the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I know for the D1 the GB task killer was pretty aggressive. The X has considerably more memory but try locking your music app into memory, go into liquid settings > general > lock activities, and then when in there select the app and then reboot when done. I havent played music to verify if this works but it used to help with certain apps on the D1.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I keep getting forced closes on the themed status bar when I try to install it. Anyone else seeing this?

I know it is supposed to force close for the actual switch to happen. It should reboot after the force close and then they should be switched.

larrydp

Reaction score

I know it is supposed to force close for the actual switch to happen. It should reboot after the force close and then they should be switched.

I've run into that issue a couple times, what I've done is remove DSP Manager and Music (since those were the 2 apps I don't use anyways) and that cleared it up for me.

Try running fix permissions in Clockwork Mod and Liquid Toolbox (better safe than sorry) and try switching to custom again.

Good luck

OP
liquid0624

liquid0624

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
There are a good number of differences between this and cm7 i have been working on it since before the new year. I develop for the droid 2 and droid X and don't own either of them. If anyone can donate a droid 2 or X to me for dev purposes i can do more for the device until then i am blindfolded

jonlutz217

Reaction score
everyone donate to this man! his work is amazing! it would only help out our phones that much more