Who is paying full retail?

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
No phone is worth 4, 5, or 600 dollars, if your contract is up... fine but if your paying the big money is a waste. If your contract is up in a year or 6 months.... whatever, imagine what will be release by then.

The INCREDIBLE will be old news and cheap in about 6 months or after christmas, something fast (4G) and better will emerge, and of course you'll want that... the phone makers keep you wanting more.

Remember how people rush to buy the STORM, then the DARE, and after that the DROID, now the INCREDIBLE... and next it will be...?

A little lesson about business and pricing. An item is worth what the demand will support. If people are willing to buy it at that price, which its pretty obvious reading some posts here they will, then it is worth that. Just because you decide it isn't doesn't make it so.

gsf

Reaction score
No phone is worth 4, 5, or 600 dollars, if your contract is up... fine but if your paying the big money is a waste. If your contract is up in a year or 6 months.... whatever, imagine what will be release by then.

The INCREDIBLE will be old news and cheap in about 6 months or after christmas, something fast (4G) and better will emerge, and of course you'll want that... the phone makers keep you wanting more.

Remember how people rush to buy the STORM, then the DARE, and after that the DROID, now the INCREDIBLE... and next it will be...?
worthless post. i bought the storm1 on the day of release and was thrilled with it for about a year.now it's an antique. we all know new and better are just around the corner. i'm choosing to have the latest greatest this thursday....by the way,do you need to buy a moto droid?:icon_ banana:

No.. you were thrilled with the STORM for about 2 months, and then the thrill was gone, the storm was a flop, verizon had people standing in line for a sub-par cell phone. You will get the INCREDIBLE... then when Verizon introduces the Iphone this summer, you'll want that, some people need to have the latest gadget.

I will have the INCREDIBLE this week, but i'm due for an upgrade, so i will pay 199.00... NOT 4, 5, 600 dollars.

Phone providers love retail buyers...

Kahij

Reaction score
except the iphone sucks. the droid phones are way better than anything apple has produced.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

gsf

Reaction score

A little lesson about business and pricing. An item is worth what the demand will support. If people are willing to buy it at that price, which its pretty obvious reading some posts here they will, then it is worth that. Just because you decide it isn't doesn't make it so.

Yes your right... but that doesn't make a smart thing to do, people always try to justify their actions. If your contract is up, purchase the INCREDIBLE... GREAT. But Technology is ever changing.. especially cell phones... 6 months after a cell phone comes out, it becomes obsolete with some capabilities, because of this, if your contract is up in 6 months, or a year, there will be ANOTHER greatest phone release.

Google, Apple, and Verizon are becoming friends due to the money making aspect of business, i foresee many great things coming about in 6 months to a year.

By September the INCREDIBLE will be old news and habit.

Save your money and buy A GREAT PAIR OF SNEAKERS, they'll last longer... i can't wait for my 199.00 INCREDIBLE, and looking forward to a great cell phone in 2012.

gsf

Reaction score
except the iphone sucks. the droid phones are way better than anything apple has produced.

I don't think the iPhone sucks... but AT&T does, which was why i was turned off by the iPhone, right now... i agree ANDROID OS is great. I find Android phones are only limited to the Apps that are developed.

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

Yes your right... but that doesn't make a smart thing to do, people always try to justify their actions. If your contract is up, purchase the INCREDIBLE... GREAT. But Technology is ever changing.. especially cell phones... 6 months after a cell phone comes out, it becomes obsolete with some capabilities, because of this, if your contract is up in 6 months, or a year, there will be ANOTHER greatest phone release.

Google, Apple, and Verizon are becoming friends due to the money making aspect of business, i foresee many great things coming about in 6 months to a year.

By September the INCREDIBLE will be old news and habit.

Save your money and buy A GREAT PAIR OF SNEAKERS, they'll last longer... i can't wait for my 199.00 INCREDIBLE, and looking forward to a great cell phone in 2012.
Oh trust me, I'll never pay full retail. Actually keep my accounts staggered just for this purpose. For me $199 is a workable price. I personally would never pay full. Haven't and won't.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I'll pay full retail. Usually do. My money, my choice. :D

freakoffashion01

Reaction score

worthless post. i bought the storm1 on the day of release and was thrilled with it for about a year.now it's an antique. we all know new and better are just around the corner. i'm choosing to have the latest greatest this thursday....by the way,do you need to buy a moto droid?:icon_ banana:

No.. you were thrilled with the STORM for about 2 months, and then the thrill was gone, the storm was a flop, verizon had people standing in line for a sub-par cell phone. You will get the INCREDIBLE... then when Verizon introduces the Iphone this summer, you'll want that, some people need to have the latest gadget.

I will have the INCREDIBLE this week, but i'm due for an upgrade, so i will pay 199.00... NOT 4, 5, 600 dollars.

Phone providers love retail buyers...

Sorry.... I will never get the iPhone, even if it does come out on Verizon!!! Apple has become a tyrant with it and when compared to the openess of Android (and the flawless integration with Google apps) I would hate even more!!!

NO IPHONE FOR ME EVER.....

Mercutio

Reaction score
This is a hobby.

Full retail for any of these phones is less that one round of golf at the nicer courses. I consider six months of use from one phone pretty decent, considering how much fun these Android devices are.

I hope for an iPhone on Verizon so that I can compare the finest devices with each other on the best network.

Kahij

Reaction score
I admire those who are paying full retail. That's a dedacation to technology. I love it.

DR01D1

Reaction score
don't think i would pay full retail for any phone, much less a cdma phone that could only be used on one carrier.

nothing wrong with trying out the 30 return policy though.

I agree 100%

OP
garment69

garment69

Reaction score
Well, bought it at full price, 529 and sold my droid on ebay for 350 with desktop and car docks (Best Buy gave me the desktop for free). Not too shabby if you ask me.

And to those judging us full retail buyers, hey some people like wine, some people like fancy clothes......I like technology. No regrets, the Incredible is, well, INCREDIBLE.

shamus

Reaction score
I paid full retail for my Droid + ETF for ATT because their service sucked so bad. I don't mind.
I'm waiting to see how bad the battery ends up being for the Incredible.
Also wondering if facebook will suck as much as it does for the Droid.