Who's paying full retail for the Galaxy S4?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Still in contract and going to pay full retail? I'm due for an upgrade so luckily I'm not faced with this decision :)

So who's paying full retail for this feature rich Galaxy?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I will be. Although I can upgrade my mom's line with the S4 and switch over it to mine and give her my Gnex but I think she wants an iPhone... We shall see. I just want to keep my unlimited.

OP
cereal killer

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
I will be. Although I can upgrade my mom's line with the S4 and switch over it to mine and give her my Gnex but I think she wants an iPhone... We shall see. I just want to keep my unlimited.
Tell her if she wants an iPhone she has to buy you the S4 then :)

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Will wait a bit, and since I still have unlimited data, going the subsidized route would null and void my unlimited data plan, so I would have to go full retail, or wait a bit till it drops in price, and in the smartphone world, it happens very fast.

shadowsjc

Reaction score
^^same here with the unlimited data. i'm willing to wait 2-3 months and catch it on a deal so i don't pay full retail for it

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
I will be upgrading my son's tiered line and then move the phone over to my line.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Well given that I'm the one who pays the bill, he doesn't have much of a choice, lol. He just inherited my Razr Maxx, so he's happy as a clam.

Sent from my XT907 using Droid Forums

jseah

Reaction score
I will have an upgrade available, although I will still be paying full retail. Can't use upgrades anymore lest I lose unlimited data and also lose the the $100 total discount I am getting on all five lines.

huskur

Reaction score
Still in contract and going to pay full retail? I'm due for an upgrade so luckily I'm not faced with this decision :)

So who's paying full retail for this feature rich Galaxy?

I am eligible for upgrade also but not at the cost of losing my unlimited data. So all phones I get will be purchased outright. Hell, Just in one day I have used almost a GB of data (which is unusual) . Youtube is killing me with this "Harlem Shake". Funny stuff

Reaction score
I still have unlimited data with my verizon plan so I think I will also purchase the phone. Can you still get insurance on a phone that you pay full retail for or does that only apply for new contract phones with your carrier?

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
I still have unlimited data with my verizon plan so I think I will also purchase the phone. Can you still get insurance on a phone that you pay full retail for or does that only apply for new contract phones with your carrier?

Yes, you can still get insurance on it. When I got my Nexus on launch day at Verizon, they just transferred over my insurance from my previous phone.

Reaction score
Good to know. I guess for those who have unlimited data getting this phone will still mean you are not able to use wireless hotspot feature?