Who is paying full retail?

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
those prices that are qouted online are ne2 prices. the only way to get that phone at 99 is to get n override by someone at verison. also ne2 credits are not worth 100 anymore. they are only worth 50. this means that if you were an add a line on a n account and you wanted a droid or an incredible you sould typically pay 350 minus 100 rebate for a total of 250. but verizon wil give you the ne2 price to keep your business.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

LOL the prices online are not NE2 prices. NE2 price is 2 year price plus $100 off. Some people get $50 off some get $100 off which will bring the phone to $99 or $150. How long have you been working for Verizon my friend?

The discount you get for NE2 ($100 or $50) depends on the Price of your plan.

Sal85012

Reaction score
Sooo... if you are correct than it still comes out to $149.99 with the $50.00 credit with NE2. Credits are separate from rebates and NE2 pricing, I have done this many times.

299.99 - 2yr pricing
-100.00 - Rebate
-50.00 - NE2 Credit
=$149.99

Course I am paying retail so what does it matter to me Im not up for NE2 for another year :)

pepsi149

Reaction score
played on the incred today.....nice phone ...not gonna change.....ill stick with droid...and soon as sense is ready ill put it on here....maybe the dell thunder be a good choice

Kahij

Reaction score
been working for verizon for three years. We NEVER sell phones under online pricing unless a customer complains to customer support or has an offer that we can see that has a cheaper price. Verizon actually looses money on droids they sell for less than 199. you might want to check your sources. that 100 or 50 discount that people get is never applied whena sale is done. those online prices allready reflect the largest upgrade discount.

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
been working for verizon for three years. We NEVER sell phones under online pricing unless a customer complains to customer support or has an offer that we can see that has a cheaper price. Verizon actually looses money on droids they sell for less than 199. you might want to check your sources. that 100 or 50 discount that people get is never applied whena sale is done. those online prices allready reflect the largest upgrade discount.

Wait do you work for a Corporate store or do you work for an authorized retailer? If you work for a Corporate store your store is ripping off their customers. The way we talked about pricing is the way it goes down in all corporate stores or online.

If you work for an Authorized retailer of Verizon Wireless then maybe what you are saying is true because Authorized Retailers can sell phones for what they want but any corporate Verizon store has the same pricing and plans.

Kahij

Reaction score
good point i work for a retailer. but we match coorprate pricing..... all i know is its gonna be hard to get one for 99

MiXoLoGiSt

Reaction score
good point i work for a retailer. but we match coorprate pricing..... all i know is its gonna be hard to get one for 99

On the phones you don't match corporate pricing. Maybe the plans but not the phones. It is easy (if you got a NE2 discount) to get the phone for $99 through Verizon Corporate stores or online but yes as you say it will be difficult to get it for $99 through your store.

This is why i only deal with Corporate stores.

Kahij

Reaction score
if someone can prove a price that thy have been qouted cheaper we match it no questions asked

jasonb

Reaction score
I pre ordered one from best buy tonight. I'll be paying $529. I also ordered a silicon case from the Verizon website.

JayCizzo

Reaction score
So I told my wife about the Incredible and how she could return her Eris if she wanted. She said she's happy with her Eris and that the Incredible looks like it would be too big. Sheesh, women.

I won't lie, the Incredible is appealing to me, but I'm not getting rid of my Droid just yet. As many have said there will be a new "next best thing" phone every other month.

Reaction score
I was tempted to buy it full price...but was like no way in hell will I do that again (bought a palm treo at full price). I was going back anf forth about getting it, read a review and decided I am ok and will wait till september. Then...I checked verizon for poops and giggles, and found that I can renew my contract, and upgrade to the Incredible at discount price :) Wifey gave me the green light, and bought the incredible. I will try it out for a week or so. If I like it, I'll sell my droid and make $100, or sell the incredible and make $200+

Its a win win :)

freakoffashion01

Reaction score
I'll be buying it full price..... I'll still keep my Droid though.... it'll be my backup..... It's still an amazing phone and I'm not ready to abandon it yet..... sort of like using it as my backup battery..... I've already talked to Verizon and will be able to switch between the two whenever I want....

I bought the Droid a week after they released it and have not regretted it.... no problems at all even though Motorola is infamous for defective devices....

And there is always the 30 day return policy.... if I for whatever reason not like it (WHICH I HIGHLY DOUBT!) I'll return it

gsf

Reaction score
No phone is worth 4, 5, or 600 dollars, if your contract is up... fine but if your paying the big money is a waste. If your contract is up in a year or 6 months.... whatever, imagine what will be release by then.

The INCREDIBLE will be old news and cheap in about 6 months or after christmas, something fast (4G) and better will emerge, and of course you'll want that... the phone makers keep you wanting more.

Remember how people rush to buy the STORM, then the DARE, and after that the DROID, now the INCREDIBLE... and next it will be...?

CatsTide

Reaction score
No phone is worth 4, 5, or 600 dollars, if your contract is up... fine but if your paying the big money is a waste. If your contract is up in a year or 6 months.... whatever, imagine what will be release by then.

The INCREDIBLE will be old news and cheap in about 6 months or after christmas, something fast (4G) and better will emerge, and of course you'll want that... the phone makers keep you wanting more.

Remember how people rush to buy the STORM, then the DARE, and after that the DROID, now the INCREDIBLE... and next it will be...?
worthless post. i bought the storm1 on the day of release and was thrilled with it for about a year.now it's an antique. we all know new and better are just around the corner. i'm choosing to have the latest greatest this thursday....by the way,do you need to buy a moto droid?:icon_ banana:

joeymoose

Reaction score

My droid has it's first bid of $99.99 with 4 days left. It will go for $300ish and i will be getting the Incredible for $150. Even if I had to pay full retail of $529.99-$300= $229.99. Thats not bad...:icon_ banana: