Who is paying full retail?

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

Aluminum21

Reaction score
what if I already had a contract with the droid? I would need another 2 year contract on top of that?

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Correct. In this case, you'll have to be with Verizon for at least a year to qualify for an annual upgrade. If you don't have at least a year in, you're probably going to get shot down on ANY discount. Basically, if you've finished one year of two on your initial contract, you would sign another two year contract to lock you in again.

Aluminum21

Reaction score
Correct. In this case, you'll have to be with Verizon for at least a year to qualify for an annual upgrade. If you don't have at least a year in, you're probably going to get shot down on ANY discount. Basically, if you've finished one year of two on your initial contract, you would sign another two year contract to lock you in again.

So I would have a 4 year contract? I got the droid in December

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score
add a line might be the cheapest option..if you have a non smartphone to put in place so you dont have two smartphones on a plan. something to consider.

justin82

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
i would love to have this phone.. but i will not pay 600 for a device in 6 months there will be something better i am going to wait by the time contract up on droid they will have a better phone out... hopefully

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
Three, actually. You would have been through one and the one remaining would become two remaining. But if you just got the phone in December, you won't be valid for the upgrade discount until December of this year. Have to have one year down. Like the other poster said, your cheapest option if you really wanted the Incredible would be to add a second line. For you to get the Incredible now, since you aren't at a year, you will have to pay full price for it.

Aluminum21

Reaction score
add a line might be the cheapest option..if you have a non smartphone to put in place so you dont have two smartphones on a plan. something to consider.

what if the contract on the number I want to use for the droid ends this july?

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com

In that case, July would work for your upgrade time. On that line, have you had it one or two years in July? If its the end of your two year contract, you should be able to get the discounted price now.

manilaboy1vic

Reaction score

if you add a line and get a incredible, you can activate it on your original number and put the new number on your non smartphone with no options..

i dont know what will happen with your contract however..

Aluminum21

Reaction score

In that case, July would work for your upgrade time. On that line, have you had it one or two years in July? If its the end of your two year contract, you should be able to get the discounted price now.

I am due for an upgrade on that number, I got an email notification about it several weeks ago. How much of a discount will it be? $199?

jkhonea

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.oldesouthdesign.com
If its actually the end of your two year contract, you'll probably be able to get the phone for $99. My understanding from other people on here is that the annual upgrade cost is $199 after the rebate but if you have the full New Every Two discount, it actually drops the phone to $99 after the rebate.

Aluminum21

Reaction score
If its actually the end of your two year contract, you'll probably be able to get the phone for $99. My understanding from other people on here is that the annual upgrade cost is $199 after the rebate but if you have the full New Every Two discount, it actually drops the phone to $99 after the rebate.

but do you still pay the $299 upfront?

joeymoose

Reaction score

I am due for an upgrade on that number, I got an email notification about it several weeks ago. How much of a discount will it be? $199?

If your able to use a upgrade it will be $199 Online..That is because you get the instant online rebate..

If you buy it in store you will not get the $100 ONLINE instant rebate...