Who's paying full retail for the Galaxy S4?

droidworld

Reaction score
Good luck with that because you'll never get an unlimited plan again. But if you can manage that then thats cool.

ms4teacher

Reaction score
Good luck with that because you'll never get an unlimited plan again. But if you can manage that then thats cool.

I would keep it at all costs!! I made my phone a hotspot with foxfi, on my limited plan and nearly went over the 2gb limit in close to 20 minutes of streaming!! My wife has the unlimited plan and there's is no way I'm letting that go!! They'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands!! BTW: I'm upgrading one of my dumb phones to the S4 selling my razr maxx online and swapping my new phone to my old line!

Sent from my RAZR MAXX with faulty speaker!!

jcoppola33

Reaction score
I have had my note 2 replaced 2 times and now a verizon rep agreed to give me the s4 no charge when it comes out in may =D. I was gonna sell my note and pay full anyway though if not for this

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have had my note 2 replaced 2 times and now a verizon rep agreed to give me the s4 no charge when it comes out in may =D. I was gonna sell my note and pay full anyway though if not for this

What was the issue with the note 2, that it needed to be replaced.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

DessoThumbs

Reaction score
I would keep it at all costs!! I made my phone a hotspot with foxfi, on my limited plan and nearly went over the 2gb limit in close to 20 minutes of streaming!! My wife has the unlimited plan and there's is no way I'm letting that go!! They'll have to pry it from my cold dead hands!! BTW: I'm upgrading one of my dumb phones to the S4 selling my razr maxx online and swapping my new phone to my old line!

Sent from my RAZR MAXX with faulty speaker!!

Yeah, if I were going to plan to tether at all I'd buy the phone outright or find some way to keep unlimited. All my favorite restaurants in town have free wifi, so I'll be good to go waiting on my food :biggrin: although 4G is usually faster. At the house, I stream HD a lot with splashtop, but that's of course on wifi. I'm thinking I won't have to change my usage habits much. The main thing is making sure I keep wifi on; I always disable it on my bionic when leaving the house to conserve the battery (which seems worse after the JB upgrade to me).

boidsonly

Reaction score
Did you go into a Verizon corporate store or a Verizon authorized retailer? From what I understand, Verizon corporate will give you the SIM card for free. Or if the store is reluctant to hand over a free SIM card, you can always call into customer service and they will send you a free SIM.

It must have been an authorized retailer-they were much closer than the corporate store (across town).

Paul_Aris

Reaction score
Yes, me too. I was really stuck on the unlimited plan thing. Then I looked at my data history. I am typically under a gig. Right now I don't use wifi at home or work either. If I go to the new 2GB plan I will start using wifi at home and work will save more data. Only thing I can think is because I don't watch movies or anything like that on my phone. I check emails, use tapatalk and the browser. Tapatalk must not be much of a data hog because I am on it daily checking all my favorite forums. Plus I have 4 email accounts on my phone that push.

debrad0307

Reaction score
I currently have unlimited and have been up for an upgrade.

Went online to see about pre-ordering but I Cant decide if I want to go full retail.

Basically Will cost me another $20 a month on the plan to go to a 4gb month with hotspot, about $40 more if I do the share everything with 4gb.
So over the course of the 2 years of the contract it will about add up to the retail price of $650. So Now the question is do I want to shove out $650 +tax up front.

I read about the device payment plans they now offer, which would be like $55 a month for 12 months but you keep your unlimited.
But seems you have to go through a verizon store so I would have to wait til its out etc..

I think I'd rather just put it on my credit card and pay it off over time than deal with the greasy butt holes at the verizon store.

That payment plan is usually just for tablets because there is no "2 year contract" price for them. And that payment plan is worse than you think. You end up making a huge payment because the phone has to be paid off in about 4 months. The intrest on it is crazy too. Honestly, I upgraded at discount price because I couldn't see paying $650 for a phone just to keep a data package I hardly made a dent in. Unlimited data was nice but I would only use about 2 gb of it a month.

stephaniemorris12

Reaction score
Does everyone have Verizon here? I have Us Cellular and have had my SG4 since Saturday. I was hoping to come here and get some tips but it seems that I am the only one with it!

debrad0307

Reaction score
Does everyone have Verizon here? I have Us Cellular and have had my SG4 since Saturday. I was hoping to come here and get some tips but it seems that I am the only one with it!

Verizon hasn't released it yet. I would assume that at the moment you are the only one with it

Sent from my Synergized S3