The Bionic Analogy

y0manda

Reaction score
Purchasing a Bionic is like buying a 2010 model car and paying full retail.

DoctorV

Reaction score
I think this is the part where someone should post "Cool story bro!".

Oh I just did. You're welcome.

OP
Y

y0manda

Reaction score
It's just an analogy, not a story. Every phone should have one.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

yiannis

Reaction score
What if all the '11 car has on the '10 model is more horsepower, worse customer service, and is only a rumor, while your '00 car is running on fumes?

OP
Y

y0manda

Reaction score
Admitting you bought a Thunderbolt makes anything you say irrelevant.:p

I do have the TB which I bought a long time ago, however it is faster than a bionic will ever be( 1.8 ghz. ) Don't get me wrong, the bionic is a great phone, but the short period it will be may be record breaking. Just saying.

GBH2

Reaction score
I do have the TB which I bought a long time ago, however it is faster than a bionic will ever be( 1.8 ghz. ) Don't get me wrong, the bionic is a great phone, but the short period it will be may be record breaking. Just saying.

I was just going to ignore you but I just can't.

It is faster than the Bionic because it is 1.8GHz? You know nothing of systems architecture.

Your analogy is completely ludicrous - for one thing the SoC in this "2010" device wasn't available until mid 2011

and

2. I bet you are a "Vigor" fan which is rumored to have a SoC based on a 2009 ARM Cortex 8 design.

Seriously, learn some some stuff before you start spouting off about things you don't know about.

militant

Reaction score

Uh, TBolt is a 1ghz snap dragon, bionic is a dual core omap 4430... Forget the fact that it's straight up double the processing power, it's even more because the cache and memory on the processor is faster as well. If you're talking about an overclock, then you're comparing apples to oranges.

sk102704

Reaction score
Purchasing a Bionic is like buying a 2010 model car and paying full retail.

This is just plain stupid.

The only way this would apply is if no cars were released in 2010 since the BIONIC IS THE FIRST DUAL CORE 4G LTE PHONE EVER! Not the first in 2010, not the first 2011, but the first ever!

Now go away troll!

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

deek

Reaction score
We can sit & wait for the next best thing.. But, the next best thing will always be coming out (most likely with delays). I just want something that has more options, functions, and speed than my DX. I could easily just decide on a TB or Revolution to acquire 4G. But, I wanted something more top of the line. 4G becomes available in my area within a week or so, and I want to be able to utilize that. I saw the Lapdock in person at a best buy for the Atrix and I was hooked since. I am hoping for no additional tethering fees because I would willingly pay the $299 for it if need be. As much as I have gotten used to QWERTY, nothing beats the speed of a keyboard. :)
I figure, go with this, and wait til an awesome quad-core phone comes out that blows the BIONIC out of the water.. That may be awhile..

OP
Y

y0manda

Reaction score
We can sit & wait for the next best thing.. But, the next best thing will always be coming out (most likely with delays). I just want something that has more options, functions, and speed than my DX. I could easily just decide on a TB or Revolution to acquire 4G. But, I wanted something more top of the line. 4G becomes available in my area within a week or so, and I want to be able to utilize that. I saw the Lapdock in person at a best buy for the Atrix and I was hooked since. I am hoping for no additional tethering fees because I would willingly pay the $299 for it if need be. As much as I have gotten used to QWERTY, nothing beats the speed of a keyboard. :)
I figure, go with this, and wait til an awesome quad-core phone comes out that blows the BIONIC out of the water.. That may be awhile..

I would like to check out the lapdock it sounds like a great accessory.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok folks, lets keep the name calling to a minimum. We are all entitled to our opinions as odd as some may be.

Thread closed is next.