Which Lapdock would you buy?

Stelv

Silver Member
Reaction score
So how do I get Kin3tx for .901 on my Bionic without using safestrap??

You have to uninstall safestrap and use the bionic bootstrap app. Bootstrap is riskier because it flashes a rom to your main area and doesn't use partitions to backup stock system like safestrap does. Also if you get caught in a bootloop in bootstrap, you will have to sbf from a pc computer to unbrick your phone.

-I have been testing roms out in safestrap to make sure they install and load up correctly
-I then toggle back to my main system in safestrap
-I then uninstall safestrap and install bootstrap.
-Then I boot into bootstrap recovery through that app
-Make a backup in bootstrap (always have a backup of your stock unmodified system)
-Wipe data and cach
-Install the Rom that I first tested in safestrap
-After Rom loads up and your are done flashing you can install safestrap again if you want. This way you will have a rom as your safe system and you can have another rom as your non-safe system. Webtop will work with roms on your main system.

*again be careful using bootstrap, it can be risky at times.

djembeman

Reaction score
LapDock 500!

My main reason for getting the LapDock 500 was the fact that compared to the 100, the 500 is only a few inches wider than the 100 and the length from front to back of the 100 is almost the same as the 500. I think the 500 was like an inch longer, front to back.

It just seemed odd for the LapDock 100 to have so much "junk in the trunk." The slide out tray design of the LapDock 500 must be the reason that there isn't an extra 4 inches on the backside of it. If the LapDock 100 was identical in every way to the 500 except for size, I would have preferred the smaller one.

I too, am hoping for a WebTop update that will allow for the use of the WebCam, Ethernet and VGA output. The SD Card slot already works.

Droid Bionic, Stock-Rooted, 4EverRoot

Hiker5208

Reaction score
I bought the Bionic lapdock Wednesday because I don't like having the cables out. I can plug it in and not worry about it falling off or something as it is just much more secure. It is faster than my netbook and allows me to surf where I want to. I did not want the 100 due to the smaller size. This works out and will meet my needs since I am diabled. I spent a good part of the day surfing at the doctors office where they don't have an internet connection on my 4g and my phone still had 100% charge. Just what I need these days!

I love it!

hoghunter

Reaction score
I bought the Bionic lapdock Wednesday because I don't like having the cables out. I can plug it in and not worry about it falling off or something as it is just much more secure. It is faster than my netbook and allows me to surf where I want to. I did not want the 100 due to the smaller size. This works out and will meet my needs since I am diabled. I spent a good part of the day surfing at the doctors office where they don't have an internet connection on my 4g and my phone still had 100% charge. Just what I need these days!

I love it!

Was wondering if you have the stock battery or extended?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

smalltowngirl13

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force 2
Twitter
smalltownlife13
I have all 3 lapdocks as well - the 500 is my favorite and used primarily with my Maxx...I like the size, the additional options it provides and the keyboard/screen...

All 3 of the lapdocks function well or as they are designed to function but the 500 for the money is a good buy and would see alot of use (especially if you didn't have a laptop to carry around)...

hoghunter

Reaction score
Was thinking of the 500...I have the extended battery will it fit the 500?

MightyT01

Reaction score
Was thinking of the 500...I have the extended battery will it fit the 500?

Just tried my Bionic with extended battery on my newly purchased Lapdock 100 and it fits. I even put on the Verizon extended battery case with pop-out stand and it's a tight squeeze, but it still fits. I would not run around with the lapdock like this though. Keep it on a desk or table surface and you should be fine.

I'm sure the Lapdock 500 has the exact same slot to place the phones. Be sure to go to a store and test drive first. That's what I did.

jhom

Reaction score
My main reason for getting the LapDock 500 was the fact that compared to the 100, the 500 is only a few inches wider than the 100 and the length from front to back of the 100 is almost the same as the 500. I think the 500 was like an inch longer, front to back.

It just seemed odd for the LapDock 100 to have so much "junk in the trunk." The slide out tray design of the LapDock 500 must be the reason that there isn't an extra 4 inches on the backside of it. If the LapDock 100 was identical in every way to the 500 except for size, I would have preferred the smaller one.

I too, am hoping for a WebTop update that will allow for the use of the WebCam, Ethernet and VGA output. The SD Card slot already works.

Droid Bionic, Stock-Rooted, 4EverRoot

I'm considering the 500 for my bionic. Are you saying that the 500 doesn't work with the Bionic? In particular, I'm interested in the vga port and front camera. I would like to use it for presentations with an lcd projector.

Last edited:

ncridgerunner

Reaction score
Bionic Lapdock

Now that I'm hearing that the Bionic is being discontinued, I wonder if the Bionic lapdock will be usable on future Moto smartphones. I plan to keep my phone for the length of my contract if not longer but it would be nice if the lapdock would be forward compatable.

hoghunter

Reaction score
Well I just ordered a lapdock 500 for my bionic and the wife got one for her razor max....hope they work ...

MightyT01

Reaction score
Just a quick comment. I'm setting up my Lapdock 100 this morning and noticed there is no option to minimize the app tray, at least from what I can tell. I searched google and found this youtube link:

[video=youtube;vkTArtDEaUc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkTArtDEaUc[/video]

This is for the Razr. There is an option in the settings to minimize the app tray at the bottom to maximize your Firefox screen. The Webtop app for the Bionic does not have this option. Guess Motorola runs different version of the webtop app on different phones.

Not a deal breaker, but it is an annoyance when your browsing to have the app tray always on top. If anyone knows if the Bionic Webtop app can minimize the app tray let me know. I haven't found a setting for it. The Razr version can minimize the tray.

Otherwise, I'm really enjoying the Lapdock 100.

hoghunter

Reaction score
Interesting...

Just a quick comment. I'm setting up my Lapdock 100 this morning and noticed there is no option to minimize the app tray, at least from what I can tell. I searched google and found this youtube link:

[video=youtube;vkTArtDEaUc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkTArtDEaUc[/video]

This is for the Razr. There is an option in the settings to minimize the app tray at the bottom to maximize your Firefox screen. The Webtop app for the Bionic does not have this option. Guess Motorola runs different version of the webtop app on different phones.

Not a deal breaker, but it is an annoyance when your browsing to have the app tray always on top. If anyone knows if the Bionic Webtop app can minimize the app tray let me know. I haven't found a setting for it. The Razr version can minimize the tray.

Otherwise, I'm really enjoying the Lapdock 100.

Well I'll find out if the 500 will have that option, got one for the bionic and razor max. Went to the store to test one, of course they didn't have one. :mad:

MightyT01

Reaction score
There are two different webtop apps for the Bionic and the Razr. That's why the Razr has the option and the Bionic does not. AFAIK, the lapdocks are just basic docking stations for your phone that enable the phone's webtop app to initialize. They're essentially dumb and have no built in software and/or storage. Unless I'm mistaken.