How I got a Lapdock 500 for $50...brand new. And for real!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krenzy

Reaction score
As much as this sounds like a spammers thing, it isn't. So my wife picked up the Droid 4 today, and while there I asked about the Lapdock 500 for the RAZR. Obviously they were out of stock, but the guy working there informed me they have 3 500's for the Bionic. I said "Bring one out", and got an idea. The RAZR MAXX, which I have, was too deep to fit in the shallow phone charging well...but with a little shaving of the surround area, I got the MAXX to fit! The best part: the Bionic Lapdock is only $49!! I saved $300 by buying and customizing this one instead of waiting to buy the RAZR Lapdock 500!

If you buy one and want to do this as well, here are some steps (I didn't take pictures)
- open the tray, and remove the small circular screw covers, one on each side.
- remove the screws, one on each side, and then gently pry the back piece of the tray off.
- trace the area your phone will sit, and then use either a rotary tool or a retractable knife to trim the area needed. I used the retractable knife to prove you don't need a rotary tool to do this. Then trim the area needed on the plugin side. Be careful not to cut yourself!
- test fit until it sits right and nicely.
- reinstall the tray plate, screws, and screw covers.
- ENJOY!

OP
K

Krenzy

Reaction score
I got it at my local Verizon store.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
As pointed out above, we already have a few threads on this, so gonna close this one up..

Status
Not open for further replies.